2011 IBR - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:huh: I don't know what the heck "PJK" is doing. Currently parked at a gas station. Better start moving back east again.

He's a smart man, logical...I'm just going to have to trust him.

As for the whole BBG 3000 thing. :blink:

I met Fazer Phil Weston on the Isle of Man TT1000 run this past May. He's hard as nails and has some pretty impressive UK riding credentials. A top finish for Phil would absolutely be no surprise to me. During the IOM TT1000, not only did it pound rain, you couldn't see dick because of the accompanying fog. Phil is probably laughing at the storms and hail.

Bob
I did 350 miles one day on my Fizzer, Phil has to a tough dude with a bunch of chain lube.

Man this is fun.

Joining in from Nairobi, Kenya, to get my daily fix of the IBR. Just wish I was there riding it again! Sounds like fun.

Thanks to Warchild et al for all the in depth info. Keep it coming, guys.

Good luck to the girls, especially Nancy and Wendy. Go girls, you know you can do it!

Ride safe everyone.

Margaret

You reckon 207 is heading for Frankfort? S/he'll have to head north at some point to pick off Michigan, or trying to pick up Harrisburg?

I'm getting all juiced for my ride around Lake Superior in a couple weeks - I love this stuff!!

IB vets, keep up the analysis, this is great. I'll be heading west from South Bend on I-80 in about an hour, will be keeping my eyes open for loaded up bikes.

Well, here we are as of 5am PDT.... we are starting to spread out more.... I am hoping cdg's placement is not accurate.... :huh:

4_500am.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Joining in from Nairobi, Kenya, to get my daily fix of the IBR. Just wish I was there riding it again! Sounds like fun.

Thanks to Warchild et al for all the in depth info. Keep it coming, guys.

Good luck to the girls, especially Nancy and Wendy. Go girls, you know you can do it!

Ride safe everyone.

Margaret
Hi, Margaret,

Did you get that stunning photo of some handsome fella you were hanging with on IOM?

Bob

IB vets, keep up the analysis, this is great.
+1000 to this! Following along the SPOT trackers is fun enough, but the commentary from the IB community adds a lot more insight to this rally!

I'm definitely not gonna get a damn thing done at work until this rally is over...

Holy crow, DGH is in PA. Looks to be heading for Harrisburg. Wonder if he'll head for Corner #2 after that. Looks like DAR is hitting Chicage at peak rush hour. Yikes.

Holy crow, DGH is in PA. Looks to be heading for Harrisburg. Wonder if he'll head for Corner #2 after that. Looks like DAR is hitting Chicage at peak rush hour. Yikes.
OMG... had no idea that folks would drop down and cut accross I-64 E and head through Louisville, Ky. DARN... I live less than 1 mile from I-64. I sure wish I was home and could put a "WELCOME IBR Riders" sign out for them.

If anyone does have communication w/ a rider.... make sure they know that S. Indiana I-64 is NOT the place to speed from the mile marker 117-121 and construction zone from 121-123 which is the bridge crossing from In. to Ky.

New guy here.

RW has been on a Capitol tear since WY. Shocked that 207 is headed to Nashville. Got to believe that it will be a bonus on a leg 2 or 3. Wish the bonus list was published at IBR.

If anyone does have communication w/ a rider.... make sure they know that S. Indiana I-64 is NOT the place to speed from the mile marker 117-121 and construction zone from 121-123 which is the bridge crossing from In. to Ky.
We got lucky and barely missed a ticket in that area on our SS1K coming from Kansas City. Luckily, the guy I was riding with had a Beemer LT and the mirror fell off and we had to stop. Guys on trikes that we had passed ended up getting pinched.

There are riders (not on public SPOT) that are even further along than DGH. One almost looks like they may be trying for the Madawaska corner... not sure yet.... but there is still ~36 hours to go before penalty points start to accrue in Buffalo.

We got lucky and barely missed a ticket in that area on our SS1K coming from Kansas City. Luckily, the guy I was riding with had a Beemer LT and the mirror fell off and we had to stop. Guys on trikes that we had passed ended up getting pinched.
took a group BMW K1600 GTL Demo ride last Sat that included riding the "knobs" in S. Ind. Glad I was in 2nd group & have local knowledge because the BMW leaders brought the group through a radar trap and 2 of them got $150.00 momentos of their ride.

This IBR thread just confirms that LD riding is fantastic and yields life experiences like no other and lasting friendships too.

Hi, Margaret,Did you get that stunning photo of some handsome fella you were hanging with on IOM?

Bob
Yes, I did Bob. Thanks! Good to catch up with you again. What a great weekend we had riding the TT1000!

Margaret

I did 350 miles one day on my Fizzer, Phil has to a tough dude with a bunch of chain lube.

Man this is fun.
Not to take a single thing away from Phil, but 350 miles is nuttin on the highway on a Fizzer. I am far from an LD rider (though I'd love to be one) and managed a fly n buy of my FZ1. Flew from Dallas to KC and rode it home in a day. I can't speak for the second gen machine, but the first gen isn't so bad for riding a long distance. I'd imagine with what Phil has done to his it's even better. Still, with the way he had to do this, he could have picked up something more able to soak up the miles (like an FJR of course) and he chose the FZ1. I certainly can't say I'd have made the same choice so more power to him!

Bad news.

Due to the misguided actions of a few members on a different bike forum, we are considering taking the Spotwalla page down.

Hard to believe someone would publish the names of the individual 3-character SPOT codes... we do not need to have the locations of our solo female riders made known to the world! :angry:

As usual.... the dicked-up actions of a few may well indeed ruin things for everyone.

Pity.....

If we do end up taking the page down, I will lobby to have all the current 3-character codes randomized to a 3-digit number, and get the page published again.

If we do end up taking the page down, I will lobby to have all the current 3-character codes randomized to a 3-digit number, and get the page published again.
I'm crossing my fingers for this option. The SPOT page has been a ton of fun to follow.

Just in case the Spotwalla page is removed in the near future... here's the latest snapshot:

4_735.jpg

I'm crossing my fingers for this option. The SPOT page has been a ton of fun to follow.
Most definitely, babe.... the Spotwalla page is beyond awesome! I am loathe to take the page down, but neither we will allow even for the remotest possibility of putting our riders in any kind of jeopardy.

Thanks for the update Dale. It sucks that the misguided actions of a few may ruin it for everyone else.

On another note...if "cdg" doesn't pick up the pace, they're going to have to do a SS1000 just to make it to Buffalo in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.