2011 IBR - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know Ken but have a huge amount of respect for him and all the IBR riders.

Due to Ken's misfortune at such a late stage in the rally it got me to thinking, who is Ken?

I did a bit of googling and came across a very detailed hourly and daily account of the

IBR 2011 Ken Meese ride as posted by dshealey, who had Ken's spotwalla permission.

Here

For me, the lesson is as much about desire and endurance as managing the unexpected.

Extraordinary if he could have pulled it off.

He's alert, lucid but has had surgery.

I am still pulling for Frens, butt it's a shame about Meese. I'm sure if Jim wins, he will credit Meese with the win also.

Good and complete healing to all injured riders.

Man....already?!

I thought we only had to get down on our SuperMeese prayer towels and bow and worship twice a day. We already did our

morning Allah AkSuperMeese! Allah AkSuperMeese!

(Response to Mr. McRide's post)

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent a few hours at the hotel last night hoping to get pics of the riders coming in. I only managed to get a few. I also just got to meet 01VFR (Corey Nuehring) this morning when he came over for an oil and tire change. Pretty crazy to think he rode 13,000 miles he didnt look beat at all :D

Congrats to everyone this has been alot of fun to follow along.

This was the bike that had a blowout 6 miles from the hotel. What a bummer.

DSC04572.jpg

DSC04578.jpg

DSC04579.jpg

DSC04577.jpg

A PR2 with 13,000 Iron Butt miles. I bet it could have made it back to Iowa

DSC04586.jpg

The FJR

DSC04587.jpg

Man....already?!

I thought we only had to get down on our SuperMeese prayer towels and bow and worship twice a day. We already did our

morning Allah AkSuperMeese! Allah AkSuperMeese!

(Response to Mr. McRide's post)
Don't be shy.... tell us how you really feel.

It's a very interesting read for those that have been caught up in the 11 day drama

..... regardless of who it's about.

Can't wait to fill the rest of this in:

ibr2011score.gif

I'll "hypothesize" Meeses leg 3... he certainly was headed for Carson City & Sacramento... and likely San Ysidro.

(edited to get all that nasty html out)

Just wanted to throw a big thank you out to this forum for providing the best coverage of the IBR this year.

It's been fun, although I haven't gotten much work done the past two weeks!

Was it really OK that someone was posting Ken's whereabouts and direction of heading on a public forum? Since Ken was a first place contender, I would think that should have been a HUGE NO-NO!

If you check the thread there, I think it will allay your concerns. That was posted today, after Ken's crash and subsequent successful surgery was well known. The thread owner was doing a good job of describing Ken's general route early on, then keeping quiet so as to not trigger any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.