2011 SW-FOG

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made my reservations today.

Kinda disapointed HRZ didn't do the T-shirts this year...............Curious as to how many ways to spell Taos. :lol:
Fantastic news airboss, very glad to hear you're onboard for SW-FOG 2011. Going to be a great FJR Forum Event!

Made my reservations today.

Kinda disapointed HRZ didn't do the T-shirts this year...............Curious as to how many ways to spell Taos. :lol:

If someone want's shirts, make a decision and get a hold of me. However, if I did do shirts this year, there will be some new rules. Last year, I let people pick style and color. This year there will only be one style and maybe...I stress maybe 2 colors.

I will also have to go with a different embroidery place that will probably charge a little more per shirt. I'm not sure how much more because I haven't checked; however, I'm always trying to score a deal somewhere and would try my best. The guys I used last year is very capable of doing good work, but he lets himself get overwhelmed and screws things up. Truth be told, I was pissed about the "Toas" shirts. That is not a mistake any of us would have let a big corporation get away with, but it feels different when a guy's livelyhood can be seriously affected by trying to correct a mistake that big.

That said, if a mistake that big could be that costly to him, he should proof-read his shit and make dammed sure it is right. He didn't even get me the right number of shirts for the meet and I had to mail them out to people. I still have NMRoadrunner's shirts because I didn't get them until two months ago, and he hasn't contacted me to pick them up (hint-hint). I'm actually thankful that everyone was so patient, because the shirt guy's screw up could have cost me had people decided to make life difficult.

Anyway...Toward the end, the shirt guy kind of started acting like I was bugging him to get the work done that should have been done correctly the first time in September, so with that attitude, he can kiss my ass and I will never-ever give him a penny of business again. There's plenty of talented people here in Albuquerque with valid business skills that I can goto. As a matter of fact, I got my last set of work shirts done at another place, and although a little more expensive, the shirts were done on time and were correct. Totally worth the extra few bucks.

So.............You guys talk it out. If you want shirts for this event, I will start work on them now and will use a different place. Even if I don't make it to the meet, I will get the shirts up to Taos for the meet. If you don't want shirts, that's fine with me too.

Like I said...If the changes at work take place in July like I hope they will, I will probably be off Tuesdays and Wednesdays and will head up for the meet. If I'm still on weekends off, I probably won't. We'll see...

Very Generious offer there HRZ, if you do decide to do shirts, I'll take one even if Taos is spelled correctly, an extra large, not white.

Do hope you can make the meet even if it's only a strafing run.

Very Generous offer there HRZ, if you do decide to do shirts, I'll take one even if Taos is spelled correctly, an extra large, not white.

Do hope you can make the meet even if it's only a strafing run.
This is an extremely generous offer from HotRodZilla! If you really want to take this project on HRZ, your Papa Chuy Viejo will also take white: In a Triple Extra Lard!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good God. I can't believe I'm even considering this. If I do shirts, it's gonna be black or gray shirts, either Polos or short-sleeved Ts.

Don, give me an idea of how many people are going and I'll see what I can work out. No promises yet, so don't get all mushy.

Good God. I can't believe I'm even considering this. If I do shirts, it's gonna be black or gray shirts, either Polos or short-sleeved Ts.

Don, give me an idea of how many people are going and I'll see what I can work out. No promises yet, so don't get all mushy.
Way too late on the mushy part, Buddy! I already have Bustanut joker scheduled to give you a cold cream hand job! I'll get you that count muy pronto. Muchas Gracias!

....I already have Bustanut joker scheduled to give you a cold cream hand job!
laugh.gif

Gift ideas, ...for the man who has everything.

AJ,

Thanks a bunch for offering to organize the shirts again, it will be really appreciated. The SW-FOG last year was great.

It is still pretty early to give you a very accurate count, BUT, I will give Cheryl a call tomorrow morning and give you what we've got so far. Hopefully gas doesn't reach $6 a gallon otherwise it may be a negative factor in attendance. I will PM you tomorrow!

Last year I didn't have a very accurate head count until mid July, seems like our numbers grew expeditiously around the end of June.

You could probably call Cheryl yourself and just tell her you are the guy that had SkooterG squealing like a pig behind the pine tree. No, on second thought, you probably shouldn't, I think that tree died.

Thanks again for taking on this chore.

Dan

Ok guys and girls; IF, I'm stressing If. IF I decide that I will take this on again, who here would want a shirt? I have no idea what the cost would be, but I'm betting around $20. I'm leaning towards gray or black Polos or Ts. I'm not sure what the logo will look like yet, but I'm thinking something on the left sleeve would be cool...Especially in a Polo. BUT, this is all just speculation and just random BS going on in my head.

Ideally, if I did this and put logos on the sleeve, I would want to put everyone's forum handle on the chest, but I see that adding a pretty decent increase to the cost of each shirt, and making my life a pain in the butt.

I've even thought about putting the logo high on the back right under the collar. This would ONLY work on a Polo, and if I remember right, the place that I'm thinking of was around $30 for nice Polos. Price-wise, Ts may be the way to go with stitching on the chest.

Anyway, I have to look into all this, but I need an approximate number of people, and calling Cheryl isn't gonna do because there is no rally fee for the shirts to be included in. Some will buy them and some won't.

Post up and when I get some reasonable ideas, I'll let you all know what I come up with. I swear to God, if the shirts end up saying Toas or some stupid shit on them this year, I'm gonna strangle somebody. :p

....I already have Bustanut joker scheduled to give you a cold cream hand job!
laugh.gif

Gift ideas, ...for the man who has everything.
Penicillin will cure most of it.
HotRodZilla: 1) By my count from this thread, e-mails I have received, PM's I've gotten and phone calls from people letting me know they are attending SW-FOG 2011: 20 people are currently signed up as of today. 2) AJ, just pick one style of shirt, one and only one logo and you pick the color that you like; I am just damn grateful that you are willing to undertake this project! I have included a prescription for penicillin along with the cold cream hand job from Bustanut joker that I'm providing for you! De Nada!

Why is it Don always volunteers me for all the fun shit?

Think I'll mix a bit of this in for added excitment..

icyhot.jpg

:****:

Awaking from winter my estervation, I would like to state I will attend this years' SW-FOG.

I do want a shirt as it is difficult to remember where I have been, something about advancing age, the Doctor says.

I do prefer grey and a polo, but T's are OK.

Many thanks for doing this again. I really value my shits from last year.

Viva el Toas.

Longrider

Rog n Deb going now and the Highlanders a maybe? Maybe MsNASCAR and I should rethink our priorities again. We are the fence on this one and September is a little ways off still before firming this up. Tic Tic Tic . . .

I will be there!!! and yes I want a shirt....spelling...who cares....

heres a suggestion for Friday's ride...Was wondering what you all would think if we went to Santa Fe, then cross over I-25 to Madrid (Wild Hogs Bar-which is closed but still cool) and then we could go on to the top of Sandia Crest...overlooks Albuquerque...from there we could go to lunch at Twin Peaks...yes the name is akin to Hooters...but great food..then back to Taos... Total of around 275 miles....

Whatcha think...

mohawk

HotRodZilla, if we do decide to do Toas again this year, a polo shirt will be in order for MsNASCAR and pegscraper, since we already have the great looking plaque made by BustaNut Joker.

I will be there!!! and yes I want a shirt....spelling...who cares....

Here is a suggestion for Wednesday's ride...Was wondering what you all would think if we went to Santa Fe, then cross over I-25 to Madrid (Wild Hogs Bar-which is closed but still cool) and then we could go on to the top of Sandia Crest...overlooks Albuquerque...from there we could go to lunch at Twin Peaks...yes the name is akin to Hooters...but great food..then back to Taos... Total of around 275 miles....

Whatcha think...

mohawk
Mohawk had sent me his route recommendation and it has your Ride Leader Papa Chuy's Seal of Approval. This will be Wednesday's long ride at 275 miles.

Thursday's ride will be around 200 miles to allow for us to get back to the Kachina Lodge for the all important Happy Hours, Sheep Sex and SW-FOG Banquet.

PS: I'll formally ask my illegitimate bastard Son SkooterG (mi Hijo) to make a map showing this routing for real riders and GPS waypoints for you GPS weenies!

HotRodZilla, if we do decide to do Toas again this year, a polo shirt will be in order for MsNASCAR and pegscraper, since we already have the great looking plaque made by BustaNut Joker.
Hi Ed and Jacquie, AJ's shirt order link is posted up on FJR Forum under SW-FOG 2011 header and has definite descriptions of the shirts that HotRodZilla is securing.