2012 Adacks Ride 6-16-12

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'll be leaving here pretty late on Friday, probably won't be able to get away until 6PM or so. So we're just planing on blasting across Rte 9 through Keene to Troy, NY, then whatever the most direct route is to the Super 8 in Johnstown. Won't be much of a fun ride route.
Ditto. I have a compulsory meeting with a customer during the morning, so it'll be a late start. We will probably be following the trail that Fred is blazing. ETA at Super 8 is 6:00.
Allen,

Would that be A.M. or P.M. ??? :lol:

Dave
Like Fred, that would be postmeridian.
So who's this Postmeridian ? and do I need to add then to the list ? :lol:

Looks like I'm out . . . my wife now has to work Friday night and Saturday which leaves me with kid duty.
Harlan

That blows !

Tell your wife you're on the list and you have to go (Forum Rules) :rolleyes: . Next time you both have to attend.

No, seriously, sorry to hear it. At least you both have work, and these days that's great.

See ya next time.

Art

Calling for rain weds-thurs am. That will work!

Hope its nice and yes, we all might need name tags with our forum names on top and real names on bottom ;)
Good idea. So are you volenteering ? I'll bring the pen and post-it notes, you can fill them out. :)
At the Lee Parks ARC they put your name on masking tape on your helmet above your visor. At big meets I've often thought this would be a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
AmishFJR (Ed) from Lancaster PA here. I am seriously thinking about the Dacks run next weekend. Is there anyone who is coming from the Lancaster/Harrisburg PA area that would like to ride up and back? can come up anytime Friday (no work). can slab or take a scenic route. also would like to split a room if possible... any help/advice appreciated.

Hope its nice and yes, we all might need name tags with our forum names on top and real names on bottom ;)
Good idea. So are you volenteering ? I'll bring the pen and post-it notes, you can fill them out. :)
I will certainly volunteer this if you want. I actually got the white sticky name tags and can bring a sharpie, and I have good hand writing skills (mechanical drawing 101) hehe.

Easy-Peasy :)

Here's the projected WeatherC forecast for Johnstown, NY

Of course anything can change especially this early, but so far I'm liken what I see..

Fri Jun 15

Partly Cloudy

Hi 76°

Low 55°

Partly Cloudy

Chance of rain: 20%

Wind: ENE at 4 mph

Sat Jun 16

Partly Cloudy

Hi 77°

Low 56°

Partly Cloudy

Chance of rain: 10%

Wind: ESE at 4 mph

Sun Jun 17

Partly Cloudy

Hi 78°

Low 59°

Partly Cloudy

Chance of rain: 20%

Wind: SSE at 3 mph

I will certainly volunteer this if you want. I actually got the white sticky name tags and can bring a sharpie, and I have good hand writing skills (mechanical drawing 101) hehe.

Easy-Peasy :)
Sounds good. You're in charge of name tags. :)

Thanks

Weather is looking good. Lined up a dog sitter and I am good to go with a room at the S-8. Sandi is not making this one, so there is an extra dlb bed if anyone gets stuck in the cold.

See you guys this weekend!!

I'm going up thursday night so I can get a nice Friday ride also.. I haven't picked any set direction, just kinda gonna point and go.. If anybody's interested post up.

I'm thinking we could all meet at Applebee's Friday night for drinks and social :drinks: . It's wright down the street from either motel (walking distance from either). The only issue is they are usually packed on Fri., Sat nite.

Or I bring a pop-up to Super 8 and take over the parking lot.

What do you all think ?

I'm thinking we could all meet at Applebee's Friday night for drinks and social :drinks: . It's wright down the street from either motel (walking distance from either). The only issue is they are usually packed on Fri., Sat nite.

What do you all think ?
OK, I just switched from the campground to a room at the Super 8 so I can partake. :)

Pizza and beer in the parking lot is good for us. We'll BYOB for a significant discount over drinks in a restaurant.

Looks like we'll be rolling in around 8PM so you'll all get a head start on us. ;)

What do you all think ?
I like Applebee's but as said with a large group maybe the parking lot/BYOB would work best. Camper for the backdrop would work well :) maybe we could get setup in the parkinglot out by the road maybe next to the grass (and salute the HD guys going by)... damn, we should have an FJR banner a flying! I will bring some FJR attire to strut anyway (but a nice big black FJR banner on your camper would rock!)

So Super-8 is homebase.

AmishFJR (Ed) from Lancaster PA here. I am seriously thinking about the Dacks run next weekend. Is there anyone who is coming from the Lancaster/Harrisburg PA area that would like to ride up and back? can come up anytime Friday (no work). can slab or take a scenic route. also would like to split a room if possible... any help/advice appreciated.
I've pm'd you Amish, was looking for just the exact same from our area. Guess I'll be keeping this thread posted once I confirm my attendance! :yahoo:

maybe we could get setup in the parkinglot out by the road maybe next to the grass (and salute the HD guys going by)
Nah, won't be any HD pirates going by. They are all up here!

That's one reason we are so happy to head over to NY. ;)
So ur sayn it's a no Pirate weekend?

Fat(boy) chance on that one, we have plenty of em here in NY... in fact I think we got all the stuck-up a-hole ones right here in central NY!. But still look forward to coming anyways, we'll salute them with an ice-cold beer as they go by us as muttering fine things about us :clapping:

Besides I like Halloween and dress up so it's "yar bring on dem dare pie-rates" argh argh