2012 Breaks Interstate Camping Trip, May 18-20

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:yahoo: Lots of great choices Heidi...thanks for putting them together :yahoo:
+ 1 heidi, newbs (like me) really apreciate your efforts!!! Have you made gpx files out of these routes? If so, can you send them to my email? Im nursing ene eye surgery right now and the cabin fever persists. Love the forum. :yahoo:

Looks like my buddy Ed (1200 Bandit) is gonna make the trip down with me. You've been warned. :D

:yahoo: Lots of great choices Heidi...thanks for putting them together :yahoo:
+ 1 heidi, newbs (like me) really apreciate your efforts!!! Have you made gpx files out of these routes? If so, can you send them to my email? Im nursing ene eye surgery right now and the cabin fever persists. Love the forum. :yahoo:
They're not .gpx files yet. I belive there in .gdb format until I do a "save as".

& Steve, does your friend have the room for a few Canuckian beers? I am sure if so, he will be welcomed with open arms. Well, by me anyhow.

I forgot to say... BLRFJR, please PM me your email address. I don't have web hosting so I cannot put the routes on the forum without it. Gotta' send it to each person individually.

Steve, does your friend have the room for a few Canuckian beers? I am sure if so, he will be welcomed with open arms. Well, by me anyhow.
I'm sure we can bring down a couple of 2-4's between us. Uhm, when you see Ed, you 'll probably close your arms :D

How's HIS sense of direction? :rolleyes:
I dunno, but I do know your off my free beer list. :)

Good morning fellas,

This morning I sent routing to 3 people... Intech, builderwill & chivallry. BLRFJR, still waiting for your email address,

Heidi

This morning I sent routing to 3 people... Intech, builderwill & chivallry. BLRFJR, still waiting for your email address,
I'll make a request for the routes but I'll wait until the event draw nearer. No doubt they'll be modified and new routes added before then.

78 days and counting.

Unless someone pops up & says "I've seen that road & it's dirt... or "that's a bad way to go", etc... the routes will stay the way they are. I'd hate to give people MORE choices & watch their indecissivness rear its ugly head. lol! ;)

I think for the most part people will only have 1 full day of riding this area. I think that 5 routes is plenty, don't you? Even if there is 2 full days of riding, I'd think that 5 routes to pick from should be plenty.

Either that or you can point your nose & go, too!

Watch out for Bungie...he gets a little pissy if the route gets a little goaty.

:assassin:
Kay, keep in mind where I live. 5 of the top 20 worst roads in the ENTIRE COUNTRY are found in this town. Those are the PAVED roads. The rest are all gravel. I'm no stranger to riding on crappy gravel/dirt roads.

I know one road that literally uses a beaver dam to cross a stream. No joke.

So ask yourself, just how bad does it have to be before I say a road is a raging pile of crap?!

I'll tell you when, when the road narrows down to the width of a quad just after you finished passing donkeys and chickens ON the road. When their is more WOOD on the road then gravel. When the gravel that IS on the road is so old that all the smaller bits of it have long since washed away leaving a bed of pea gravel that is well lubricated by many days of straight rain. The best part? Your up a thousand feet or so on the side of mountain.

A road so bad and so narrow your only real option is to keep moving forward because their isn't enough room to turn a bike around, even if you could move it when it's wheels are getting sucked into 5" of pea gravel.

"Goaty"? I laugh at your definition of goatie.

[ :D

Damn I'm a good sport.
Steve, you are! You provide plenty of ammo, though. Let's see, there is "Captain U-turn", pastey white legs in mid summer, ballistic diarrhea, and now this goat trail thing. (Damn! there goes my chance at beer!)

You know we all luv ya, though! :p

Unless someone pops up & says "I've seen that road & it's dirt... or "that's a bad way to go", etc... the routes will stay the way they are. I'd hate to give people MORE choices & watch their indecissivness rear its ugly head. lol! ;)

I think for the most part people will only have 1 full day of riding this area. I think that 5 routes is plenty, don't you? Even if there is 2 full days of riding, I'd think that 5 routes to pick from should be plenty.

Heidi

Thanks for all the extra effort putting the routes together for us. I will send you my email soon so you can send them too me.

I'm not ascarred of some gravel or even an occasional water crossing, just ask S76 and Mr Bill. :)

I just map rode the three state route. I likey! That one gets my vote for Saturday. :yahoo:

I just map rode the three state route. I likey! That one gets my vote for Saturday. :yahoo:
Thats kinda what I was thinkin :yahoo:

I likely won't be doing that route. That is quite a bit for this area. If you do "any" flower sniffing I'd think your day will be a minimum of 10 hours. That part of Rte 10 between Covel & Matoaka is awesome, though.

I likely won't be doing that route. That is quite a bit for this area. If you do "any" flower sniffing I'd think your day will be a minimum of 10 hours. That part of Rte 10 between Covel & Matoaka is awesome, though.
A great full day of twisty bliss :yahoo: