2012 Breaks Interstate Camping Trip, May 18-20

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My plans will be very dependent on what Jay wants to do. I am assuming that him & I will be riding out together. The only time that I'd think about renting the cabin is if there were a few more folks willing to go in on it.

I guess that I will worry about that as time draws closer... because I'm really not much for pitching my tent in the dark.

If I get off @ noon that will definitely have up getting there after dark. I cannot take the whole day off. I will already be having a "no pay day" on Friday & cannot afford to take off.
Well never mind about the cabin. We cannot get it for just one night.

My plans will be very dependent on what Jay wants to do. I am assuming that him & I will be riding out together. The only time that I'd think about renting the cabin is if there were a few more folks willing to go in on it.

I guess that I will worry about that as time draws closer... because I'm really not much for pitching my tent in the dark.

If I get off @ noon that will definitely have up getting there after dark. I cannot take the whole day off. I will already be having a "no pay day" on Friday & cannot afford to take off.
Well never mind about the cabin. We cannot get it for just one night.
Ok by me...I ain't no cabin pussy anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok by me...I ain't no cabin pussy anyway
me neither... I will likely get a hotel. ;)
Heidi...we both have a 6.5 hr ride...we should get to HMSP around the same time
& that time is after dark, right? If Mapquest or whatever tells you 6.5 hours, you can count on about an hour extra time (plus or minus) for every 200 miles in my experience. Will Bob need to chisel your ass off of your bike when you get there? :huh:

Edited to add: There is no riding straight through when you ride with Jay. Jay plans his tours around eating. :p

If Mapquest or whatever tells you 6.5 hours, you can count on about an hour extra time (plus or minus) for every 200 miles in my experience. Will Bob need to chisel your ass off of your bike when you get there? :huh:
I don't have a GPS, so I always use Mapquest or Google maps. I also know that on the way to good twisties, I usually have to endure the long slogg down the slab. I usually only stop for gas (drink/eat then). I'll be fine when I get there (as long as I got a beer & a cigar) ;) :drinks: :cigar:

& that time is after dark, right? If Mapquest or whatever tells you 6.5 hours, you can count on about an hour extra time (plus or minus) for every 200 miles in my experience. Will Bob need to chisel your ass off of your bike when you get there? :huh:

Edited to add: There is no riding straight through when you ride with Jay. Jay plans his tours around eating. :p
It's only 301 miles for me. that's only a half day worth of riding. Of course Spanky might want to spank ME when we get there!

If you and the feed bag don't come to HM you should be somewhere close, so we can plan on hooking up Friday morning. You two will have to have an early breakfast! :rolleyes: It isn't that far to Breaks directly from there, so we can explore. :yahoo:

So, is your arrival @ HMSP after dark?

I certainly don't mean to be wimpy... but the thought of setting up my tent in the dark is not at all appetizing to me.

Who knows... I may change my mind at some point.

If Mapquest or whatever tells you 6.5 hours, you can count on about an hour extra time (plus or minus) for every 200 miles in my experience. Will Bob need to chisel your ass off of your bike when you get there? :huh:
I don't have a GPS, so I always use Mapquest or Google maps. I also know that on the way to good twisties, I usually have to endure the long slogg down the slab. I usually only stop for gas (drink/eat then). I'll be fine when I get there (as long as I got a beer & a cigar & some Maker's Mark) ;) :drinks: :cigar:
Fixed it for ya!

I certainly don't mean to be wimpy... but the thought of setting up my tent in the dark is not at all appetizing to me.

I plan to leave here by noon. That should put us at the park around 7 ish. It will still be light at that time in May. I don't like setting up in the dark either, but I will if I have to for the riding we will enjoy.

Spanky is currently on the dance card!

I plan to leave here by noon. That should put us at the park around 7 ish. It will still be light at that time in May. I don't like setting up in the dark either, but I will if I have to for the riding we will enjoy.

Spanky is currently on the dance card!
I'm babbling on about what we will probably do. LOL! It really will depend on Jay. I'm going to try calling him tonight.

& awesome news about Spanky!

Bob, if you'd send me your route, I'd certainly appreciate it. You have my email addy, right?

I'm babbling on about what we will probably do. LOL! It really will depend on Jay. I'm going to try calling him tonight.

& awesome news about Spanky!

Bob, if you'd send me your route, I'd certainly appreciate it. You have my email addy, right?
Babble away! I can't ride, so this is my entertainment! I do have your email, but what route? To HM or from there to Breaks?

Spanky will be in uniform too!
lol!

& your routing from HMSP to Breaks is the one that I speak of.

I talked to Jay. I've alerted him to discussions on this board.

Is it May, yet????

& On another note... when I spoke with Jay he told me that he is also planning some GPS routing. So guess what??? Those that choose to do so get to have route overload. Let the indecisiveness begin!!!

Like I've said, it'd be really easy to plan, plan & then plan in this area.

So many roads... so little time

Is it May, yet????

& On another note... when I spoke with Jay he told me that he is also planning some GPS routing. So guess what??? Those that choose to do so get to have route overload. Let the indecisiveness begin!!!

Like I've said, it'd be really easy to plan, plan & then plan in this area.

So many roads... so little time
Did you get a chance to look at the route I sent you? I sent it over to our WV route scout also to see what he has to say about it.

Did you get a chance to look at the route I sent you? I sent it over to our WV route scout also to see what he has to say about it.
I haven't even downloaded it, yet. I'm internet handicapped at home right now.

& I don't have my flash drive on me. That kinda precludes me downloading & looking at it today.

& when you speak of the WV scout... are you speaking of Jim? Keep in mind he doesn't have a GPS. Well, actually he does. It's his butt GPS. I've seen it recalculate a few times!