2012 Breaks Interstate Camping Trip, May 18-20

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the way to the same campout that I delayed the departure - I remember a little problem getting there?

Hey Bob, you know where we are going? Yeah. Ok, cool. Wandering aimlessly for awhile, past the place somewhere in Maryland in a torrential downpour

with a wet map.... Bob says, I said I knew where we were going, not I knew how to get there!

On the way to the same campout that I delayed the departure - I remember a little problem getting there?

Hey Bob, you know where we are going? Yeah. Ok, cool. Wandering aimlessly for awhile, past the place somewhere in Maryland in a torrential downpour

with a wet map.... Bob says, I said I knew where we were going, not I knew how to get there!
Mike, I'm sure you'll have some NEW material by the time I hookup with you guys Thursday :D :rolleyes: :p

Hell yeah Joe, may the weirdness begin! I'm ready(I think)for some twisties and some shit talking.

Woke up this morning and my back is hosed, it'd kill a weaker man. If I can get through tomorrow, I'm ready.

Already packed my gear.

Hell yeah Joe, may the weirdness begin! I'm ready(I think)for some twisties and some shit talking.

Woke up this morning and my back is hosed, it'd kill a weaker man. If I can get through tomorrow, I'm ready.

Already packed my gear.
See? My back feels fine! <_<

Hope your back comes around Mike.

Bad ass storm came through the hood. Hail and high winds, thought about going in the basement!

Power came back on and took a couple Percocets. Guy across the street came over and asked if I had a saw?

Stihl started after many years, brought the lighting system over and cut until 9:30.

His car and truck both got trees on them, and one on the back deck. Amazingly the work and heat loosened up my back?

Reservation made, tent c, for Thursday. :D
Awesome! We are meeting at the Sheetz at the corner of 501 and 58/360 at 1130. We will be heading towards Danville. There is a Subway on the westbound side just before the airport. We could probably be there 1200-1215. We then plan to stop for roadside picninc lunch at Lover's Leap on 58.
Sounds very similar to my route back from EOM last year (a lot of 58); I'll meet up with you all @1130 at Sheetz then. :D

BTW, do you still have my phone number? If not, let me know and I'll PM it to you (I still have yours unless your fan club forced you to change it. ;) ). I DO run a Sena these days.
How will you charge your sena?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad ass storm came through the hood. Hail and high winds, thought about going in the basement!

Power came back on and took a couple Percocets. Guy across the street came over and asked if I had a saw?

Stihl started after many years, brought the lighting system over and cut until 9:30.

His car and truck both got trees on them, and one on the back deck. Amazingly the work and heat loosened up my back?
Damn! I was in the garage working on the bike when that storm blew through. Some pretty impressive lightning leading it. We got heavy rain for a bit and a short blast of hail, but the wind wasn't too bad.

I got the new TPMS sensor for the front tire, so I have the tire in my truck this morning to take up and have the sensor and a new PR2 installed. I just have to finish installing the monitor itself tonight and put the final touches on packing. Kickstand up at 0730 tomorrow. :yahoo:

Still time for any late comers to join. We will be at Hungry Mother SP tomorrow night and Breaks for Friday and Saturday nights. I don't know what the tent site availability is for HM SP tomorrow, but if you show at Breaks we have the group site and PLENTY of room, so come on down!

Storm came threw here, but was just wet.

All packed and leaving here in about 1.5 hours(8:30 am). Taking back roads there. Shooting for Elkins WV tonight, and HMSP tomorrow afternoon. What time are you all going to be at HMSP, or what do I tell them? I was going to say I'm looking to camp with Joe,Bob,Mike, Heidi. That should do it, yes?

See ya's all there

Art

Oh yeah, Mike make sure your sleeping bag is strapped on good ;)

Reservation made, tent c, for Thursday. :D
Awesome! We are meeting at the Sheetz at the corner of 501 and 58/360 at 1130. We will be heading towards Danville. There is a Subway on the westbound side just before the airport. We could probably be there 1200-1215. We then plan to stop for roadside picninc lunch at Lover's Leap on 58.
Sounds very similar to my route back from EOM last year (a lot of 58); I'll meet up with you all @1130 at Sheetz then. :D

BTW, do you still have my phone number? If not, let me know and I'll PM it to you (I still have yours unless your fan club forced you to change it. ;) ). I DO run a Sena these days.
You can charge off a micro USB car charger. And you can use it while you charge, though you are then wired...

Edit... It might actually be a mini not micro USB...

Well, if there's no nightly power source on a trip, I unplug my GPS from the stem-mounted Powerlet plug and plugin a cigarette outlet adapter with the SENA's charger (the GPS can go on battery for quite awhile). I can stuff it all in the tankbag and let it charge or continue using it. The cellphone stays tucked in the glovebox, on power.

Just got to get through work today....yay.....

One more 12 hour shift!7pmto7am, Then i come home get a nap, and hopefully leave by 3:30pm. Got my bike packed this morning.Can't wait to get on the road! See Ya'll soon. Ride safe.

Ok, all you last minute fence sitters...The Breaks Interstate Camping meet (Breaks, Va) is this weekend.

I have the group campsite reserved for Friday & Saturday nights. The weather is looking GREAT!

So you know where we'll be, if you decide to show up.

Ok, all you last minute fence sitters...The Breaks Interstate Camping meet (Breaks, Va) is this weekend.

I have the group campsite reserved for Friday & Saturday nights. The weather is looking GREAT!

So you know where we'll be, if you decide to show up.
Yes, texting your wife in the parking lot to let her know where you are. :lol:

DSC07324.jpg

Just kidding Joe...you guys have an OUTSTANDING time in a great area. Wish I was there. :clapping:

You guys are killing me... I can't leave until Friday morning. :dribble:

Same for me. And it's a ten hour (mostly slab) ride to get there too. But it will be worth it, I have no doubt. Can't wait for it!

9 hours seat time for me... OFF slab. Yay! I will probably do some early slab to clear Pennsylvania and then drop off into the country roads for the rest of the way. :yahoo:

... I said I knew where we were going, not I knew how to get there!...
Didn't Bungie first mutter that phrase back in '08?

laugh.gif
I said it again on Sunday when we tried to cut short the West loop in SE Ohio. Glad I wasn't leading on either day. Instead, I got to follow some great riders on great roads.

Now I'm at work trying desperately to get my brain going again. I just came out of a meeting and I swear they were speaking in some sort of Kenyan click language.

You guys are killing me... I can't leave until Friday morning. :dribble:

Same for me. And it's a ten hour (mostly slab) ride to get there too. But it will be worth it, I have no doubt. Can't wait for it!

9 hours seat time for me... OFF slab. Yay! I will probably do some early slab to clear Pennsylvania and then drop off into the country roads for the rest of the way. :yahoo:
Ken,

Have a safe ride down on Friday. Maybe we can ride back north together on Sunday