2012 Breaks Interstate Camping Trip, May 18-20

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what the plan will be, since Bob will have the trailer...maybe drop that off at Breaks & go play in the twisties. we'll see ya there X-cabin pussy :lol: :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm no longer a fence sitter.Me and my friend Dan will be leaving Thursday.We'll ride to Galax,spend the nite at another friends,leave early Friday for the Breaks.

I'm no longer a fence sitter.Me and my friend Dan will be leaving Thursday.We'll ride to Galax,spend the nite at another friends,leave early Friday for the Breaks.
That's great :yahoo: ... you and Dan have been added to the camper list. See ya Friday

I need a break too. Work's going have my head spinning until I land at the airport about this time next week. Probably won't even be able to get packed until Thursday morning. Oh well.

Anyway, for all you guys going to HMSP Thursday night - what's your plan for Friday? You heading for Breaks right away hoping to set up camp or are you going spend Friday riding the area with your gear and set up later. I'll probably be stopping west of Breaks (and maybe Blrfjr) about the same distance away and can meet up with wherever you guys are gonna be by noon or so Friday.
Will,

Don't listen to Joe! The trailer doesn't inhibit me. We are going to ride all day before going to Breaks. I would imagine that we will be somewhere around Welch, WV for lunch.

Dammit! another week??? arrg! I need me some twisties!
P.S. Who's gonna decide where to meet for lunch in Wytheville?
There is an Applebees on E Main St. right off exit 71. I would expect to be there around 1-1:30 PM. if that is OK. Google has me right at 5 hours to there.
I think I've been to that Applebees(1440 East Main St) before...sounds good to me.

6 hr. ride for me (guess I can sleep in)

(guess I can sleep in)

Kind of why I said 1-1:30. I am looking forward to leaving but it doesn't have to be at the crack of dawn!

I need a break too. Work's going have my head spinning until I land at the airport about this time next week. Probably won't even be able to get packed until Thursday morning. Oh well.

Anyway, for all you guys going to HMSP Thursday night - what's your plan for Friday? You heading for Breaks right away hoping to set up camp or are you going spend Friday riding the area with your gear and set up later. I'll probably be stopping west of Breaks (and maybe Blrfjr) about the same distance away and can meet up with wherever you guys are gonna be by noon or so Friday.
Will,

Don't listen to Joe! The trailer doesn't inhibit me. We are going to ride all day before going to Breaks. I would imagine that we will be somewhere around Welch, WV for lunch.
Perfect, save me a spot for lunch! I should have a 4 or 5 hour ride to Welch from where I stop Thursday.

Dude, you should meet us @ Hungry Mother on Thursday night.

& did someome say cabin pussy????!!!

I forgot to say... Bob, if you don't send me your roads, I cannot help you. (& us... consider this a prodding)

I forgot to say... Bob, if you don't send me your roads, I cannot help you. (& us... consider this a prodding)
OK here goes:

16n to Welch

52n to Laeger

80s to right on Beartown Branch rd.

Left on Meathouse Fork Rd to Panther Creek Rd.(there is a short stretch of dirt road through here, but it is hard packed)

Panther Creek to SR 646 w

Right n 194n to left on SR643

Left on SR 645 to SR700 at Big Rock

Right on SR609 at Harmon Junction

Left on 80 to Breaks (this is actually where Jim M. said turn right and then turn around because of coal truck traffic)

OK here goes:

16n to Welch

52n to Laeger

80s to right on Beartown Branch rd.

Left on Meathouse Fork Rd to Panther Creek Rd.(there is a short stretch of dirt road through here, but it is hard packed)

Panther Creek to SR 646 w

Right n 194n to left on SR643

Left on SR 645 to SR700 at Big Rock

Right on SR609 at Harmon Junction

Left on 80 to Breaks (this is actually where Jim M. said turn right and then turn around because of coal truck traffic)
Sounds/looks good to me

Last year at the Hooterville ride Wheaty suggested an emergency contact list for the riders who want to give that info. I think its a good idea as well. Im not planning on fallin down go boom but, who ever is? BTW we did have a rider go down on that ride but through a true miracle he was fine considering a 70 mph get-off. (ET's the man)! Anyone who wants to provide said info can PM me and I will print the list and bring it with me to breaks. I hope the list never has to be opened!!!

Thats all I have to say about that. :rolleyes:

Last year at the Hooterville ride Wheaty suggested an emergency contact list for the riders who want to give that info. I think its a good idea as well. Im not planning on fallin down go boom but, who ever is? BTW we did have a rider go down on that ride but through a true miracle he was fine considering a 70 mph get-off. (ET's the man)! Anyone who wants to provide said info can PM me and I will print the list and bring it with me to breaks. I hope the list never has to be opened!!!

Thats all I have to say about that. :rolleyes:
This is a good idea, PM sent.

I don't see anybody headed to Breaks from the south but just in case somebody is and wants to join up my route from upstate SC looks something like

APPLERUN022-1.jpg

Adjustments can be easily made.

I don't see anybody headed to Breaks from the south but just in case somebody is and wants to join up my route from upstate SC looks something like

APPLERUN022-1.jpg

Adjustments can be easily made.
Your map has chicken pox! Look forward to seeing you there.

Bled the brakes and clutch yesterday. Speeed bleeders rock! Doesn't get any easier than that. (well short of paying someone else to do it!) Last thing will be new front tire if my tire pressure sensor arrives and then mount and wire the TPMS.

I am really pumped about this trip! First campout of the year. Four day weekend. Getting to see my old riding peeps and meeting some new. Today and the next two are going to go by sooooo sloooowww!

Bled the brakes and clutch yesterday. Speeed bleeders rock! Doesn't get any easier than that. (well short of paying someone else to do it!) Last thing will be new front tire if my tire pressure sensor arrives and then mount and wire the TPMS.

I am really pumped about this trip! First campout of the year. Four day weekend. Getting to see my old riding peeps and meeting some new. Today and the next two are going to go by sooooo sloooowww!
2nd campout this year for me. Did BRMC a month ago to "test" the equipment. ;) Friday off, oil changed, pumpkin oil changed, and rear tire changed...ready!

2nd campout this year for me. Did BRMC a month ago to "test" the equipment. ;) Friday off, oil changed, pumpkin oil changed, and rear tire changed...ready!
Scott, Heidi, Jay and I are hooking up in South Boston around 11 AM and then meeting Joe in Hillesville around 1330. You could shoot up 29 and meet us if you are heading out thursday.