2012 Hooterville/Arkansas ride - October 4-7

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear you guys made it home. Marty & l got a few hundred miles left tomorrow. He will probably make it home before me.

It was certainly a great time riding with great people. Hope to see everyone next year.

Glad to hear you guys made it home. Marty & l got a few hundred miles left tomorrow. He will probably make it home before me.

It was certainly a great time riding with great people. Hope to see everyone next year.
Gramps, it was a riot following you on Push Mtn...hope to be at Hooterville next fall. You guys be careful on the way home tomorrow. :clapping:

I made it back safe and sound yesterday as well... got a few AR roads in before the slab home...

Didn't see you since I got their late, but glad you were ok Mike. Mike - ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR NUTS!

Sunday was fun! Glad to see everyone and look forward to next year!

Just got home. All is well. Awesome, awesome, time!! Great roads, great people, and salty nuts, what more could you ask for?

I guess I'm the last to make it back to the barn. I think it was warmer in Hannibal this morning than it was in St. Paul this afternoon, only 48 degress with winterish wind blasts out of the northwest. I got to move.

Great trip!! Btw, the Shinko is still in great shape, I may have to buy more of those tires if I still have the FJR next spring. :)

Couldn't wish for a better time, except for handling Mike's nuts. ;)

I'm glad everybody got home in one piece.

That's a wrap for Hooterville 2012.

Now it's time for some movies or pictures. :clapping:

Yeah, no kidding. Without pitchers how are we supposed to know whether this thing even happened? :unsure:

You aren't supposed to know. Only the people that showed up are supposed to know.

But sometimes we share the secret rituals with the masses...

...now where is that jar of Mike's nuts?

Yeah, no kidding. Without pitchers how are we supposed to know whether this thing even happened? :unsure:
You aren't supposed to know. Only the people that showed up are supposed to know.
Well then, how are you going to make us feel bad for having missed it?

That is the whole point of posting any ride report, isn't it? :p

(PS - I do realize this isn't a ride report)

Last edited by a moderator:

Long as you're checking see if you have a couple of 6 MM course. Just got back from Menards, they don't have any.

Looking back through this, I just realized that Mikes get off was in MO. Blackbird bite him?

Long as you're checking see if you have a couple of 6 MM course. Just got back from Menards, they don't have any.

Looking back through this, I just realized that Mikes get off was in MO. Blackbird bite him?
Nope. He would be in a world of hurt if that was the case. It was on HH on some nice 35mph rollers left and right before getting to the dam near Piedmont. Not going at an elevated pace...just a long line of road colored gravel in the shade that was the same color as the chip and seal pavement. It was in the middle track...and about 30 ft long of loose stuff. Us otherens were just lucky to not have crossed that center track at that spot. It looked like somebody dumped a load of gravel on the road and what was left was not washed off like the wheel tracks.

Blackbird woke up the #1 position builderwill. I made the mistaken assumption that everybody from Missouri knows all the smittyfied, Hooterville roads. Will will remember that curve from now on. Left hander on Cty B, just south of 72 about 4 miles. Curls up into itself like the jaws of death...will spit you right out into the barbed wire like that blackbird rider...according to the story. The pasture on the right lulls you into pastoral slumber, while the trees on the left hide the trap. An aggressive rider on a first time run here WILL have an issue. Builderwill was riding at a good pace...but not crazy...that's what kept him on the road...with the help of some late braking action. :)

Blackbird woke up the #1 position builderwill. I made the mistaken assumption that everybody from Missouri knows all the smittyfied, Hooterville roads. Will will remember that curve from now on. Left hander on Cty B, just south of 72 about 4 miles. Curls up into itself like the jaws of death...will spit you right out into the barbed wire like that blackbird rider...according to the story. The pasture on the right lulls you into pastoral slumber, while the trees on the left hide the trap. An aggressive rider on a first time run here WILL have an issue. Builderwill was riding at a good pace...but not crazy...that's what kept him on the road...with the help of some late braking action. :)
You're not lying there! Definitely caught me by surprise. Worst thing was my foot was under the shifter when I had to get my lean on!Took a couple years of tread off my boot.

Glad everybody is making it home safe. I had a blast riding with everybody. I'll definitely be up for next year.

Thanks again Marty for all the GPS help.

Mark - glad you like the shinko but I'm looking forward to seeing you on a Triumph next year!

Am glad to hear you guys had a great time the rest of the weekend. The weather cooperate a bit more on Saturday? Griff had told me you all got drenched that Friday afternoon.

Next year I'll get to Arkansas. Maybe it won't rain as much then. But even if it does.....

Yes, I too got home safe, but....the first 1.5 hr after leaving Clinton on 16, I saw no less than 20 forest rats and the first one I saw almost took me out. :huh: :unsure:

Yes, I too got home safe, but....the first 1.5 hr after leaving Clinton on 16, I saw no less than 20 forest rats and the first one I saw almost took me out. :huh: :unsure:

WOW. Glad you got home okay...plenty of deer out there for sure.

I hope JeffS and Scott/fjrrider got home okay as well. Post up you guys if you get a minute...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to find some freeware to rotate the video I took going up Push Mtn. but I have to edit it down a little. I'll try to get it done soon.