2012 Hooterville/Arkansas ride - October 4-7

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If group "A" (Saturday) is doing the 500 mile loop I'll have to hook up with a different group. 500m is too much like work, not fun for this old man :p

The day you ride like an old man...is when I'll call you an old man. In the mean time, I will call you "faster n me".

See y'all Thursday in Hooterville...or Friday in Clinton. Leaving Thursday early morning to meet griff for a Moonshine burger before heading over to Hooterville via Mo 47 and Cty P. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Group "A" is riding the 500 mi. loop? Did I miss something? Depending on how Friday's ride goes, I'd be inclined to do the 500 with FJRider.

My riding season is coming to a close quickly, I need to make the most of it.

Or it could be that Group "C" is doing the 500 miler, then all is good. :D

I'll be heading out tomorrow right after work. Hopefully run into Marty n Marc near Hannibal either in the p.m. or a.m.

I think the 500 is just an individual choice. Most are going 400 I believe.
Yeah, like minded 500 milers should talk together...a few have already posted up about it. Figure out your own ride rules and start times if you guys want to do that. MOST OF ALL, let me know if yer gonna be in that group Friday night before I turn in. ( I turn in early.)

Now when I did the 500 3 years ago...it was an individual ride...that everybody (lots of riders) started out together on. I went my pace...and the others went theirs.

I actually had to stop 16 miles out because in all my excitement...and it being cold having the neck warmer on...I forgot to buckle my helmet strap. So I slowed to a stop and took care of business. To someone's credit, they slowed down, turned around to check on me. I gave them the thumbs up. I actually enjoyed going my own pace...I caught up to many others because I did not stop in Dover for gas. I did stop later on for an hour cuz someone rode over their limit...or wasn't paying enough attention on a curve. I tried to get a cell signal to call 911...I even went to the top of the mountain to try to get it...no luck. Let that be a warning to you...leave plenty of margin on these curves...and don't play too much "looky loo" in your mirrors checking out those behind you either. The ground will gladly come up to meet you if you are not careful. At speed it hurts.

I'm looking forward to this ride...the last planned multi-day ride of the season. :yahoo:

Cold front is coming in for Friday and Saturday.. High in the 40's!

Bring warm undies and rain gear!

Turning nice again on Sunday.

Cold front is coming in for Friday and Saturday.. High in the 40's!

Bring warm undies and rain gear!

Turning nice again on Sunday.
Yep, 3 years ago, rode thru 6 inches of Missouri rain in the upper 30s to get to AR...so this is no sweat.

DSCI0724.jpg

Not turning tail even if I see this in front of me...

TORNADO.jpg

I'm all packed up and ready to roll tomorrow...first to Moonshine for a burger, then Hooterville for some Catfish...with a little appetizer of MO 47 and CtyP. :)

Trippermike is calling it a night at my place. Bike doesn't look too bad mechanically,......ugly rash. Anyway, we'll get him back on the road tomorrow after the hardware store opens.

Trippermike is calling it a night at my place. Bike doesn't look too bad mechanically,......ugly rash. Anyway, we'll get him back on the road tomorrow after the hardware store opens.
Details???? :eek:

What???????
I can't seem to get the photobucket to work, so if somebody wants to send me an email address, I send some photos and they can try posting on the forum. It's ugly.....

Details???? :eek:

What???????
I can't seem to get the photobucket to work, so if somebody wants to send me an email address, I send some photos and they can try posting on the forum. It's ugly.....

OPtions for the way home discussed yet? Need truck/trailer?

Tripper is fine. Probably a little sore. Bike really isn't that bad considering. He's planning on riding it home. It's all good, no biggie.

Just glad he's OK.

A member offer to post photos, and I just sent them to him. Thanks for the help.

Tripper is OK, just getting stiffer as the hours pass. He has an abrasion on one palm which I attended to with my extensive medical skills, fabricated a footpeg for the right side with my extensive McGiver skills, administered several glasses of pain killer after dinner with my extensive pain killing skills (wife carried in from the VFW fish fry-- I forgot you guys did the Catfish place last night), and have sent him off to bed-- no skills involved. :glare:

Will feed him and send him north in the morning (29 degrees at 7am). Advil and coffee: Breakfast of Champions. ;)

A member offer to post photos, and I just sent them to him. Thanks for the help.

Tripper is OK, just getting stiffer as the hours pass. He has an abrasion on one palm which I attended to with my extensive medical skills, fabricated a footpeg for the right side with my extensive McGiver skills, administered several glasses of pain killer after dinner with my extensive pain killing skills (wife carried in from the VFW fish fry-- I forgot you guys did the Catfish place last night), and have sent him off to bed-- no skills involved. :glare:

Will feed him and send him north in the morning (29 degrees at 7am). Advil and coffee: Breakfast of Champions. ;)
Pictures of Updated TripperMike status

100_55672.jpg
100_55672-Copy.jpg
100_55692-Copy.jpg
100_5570.jpg
100_55712.jpg
100_55722.jpg

Glad to hear your are good to go tomorrow Mike.

Glad to hear your are good to go tomorrow Mike.

The bike, that don't look to bad. That'll buff right out..............Uh-hun

But that helmet just looks nasty!