2013 FJR 1300 Owner's "Registry"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
question for '13 owners...did yours come with the little "mud flap" that hangs over the swing arm, under the fender? Mine doesnt have it like my '08 did. Did the dealer forget it, or did Yamaha not have it on '13 models?
IIRC fairlaners didn't have one either, mounting holes but no flap.

--G

BTW, congrats on the new '13!
thanks for the info..i got the mounting holes too, thats what made me wonder if the dealer forgot to install it.

Same in Europe: it appears the dealers do not forget to install it, Yamaha does.

The part is on backorder and all new FJR's I know in the Netherlands are also delivered without the mudflap. I tried to swap the flap from my 2008 to the 2013, but that does not fit. Made myself a temporary solution yesterday...

DSC03523_zpseee442db.jpg

DSC03526_zps23aac2d7.jpg

DSC03527_zps33f82836.jpg

"Same in Europe: it appears the dealers do not forget to install it, Yamaha does."

"The part is on backorder and all new FJR's I know in the Netherlands are also delivered without the mudflap. I tried to swap the flap from my 2008 to the 2013, but that does not fit. Made myself a temporary solution yesterday..."

A mud flap on back order? Are you shitting me?

...looks like that ^^^ will work just fine. Anything to [help] keep the road goop off the working bits!
--G
Should work fine, only suggestion I would make is to mount it behind (on the front side) of the inner fender, would keep from anything collecting on the top edge of the "flap".

...looks like that ^^^ will work just fine. Anything to [help] keep the road goop off the working bits!

--G
Should work fine, only suggestion I would make is to mount it behind (on the front side) of the inner fender, would keep from anything collecting on the top edge of the "flap".
Or, make the flap longer above the mounting holes to fit against, underneath the lip....

Mine is at the dealer, waiting for me to come get
punk.gif
just waiting for my bro-in law to come get my truck and I will go get it!
omg2.gif