2013 FJR Pricing Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, it sounds like D&H in Alabama is still the best priced dealer in the country right now.
I found a few (local) dealers that had pricing not too far off of D&H, and I wouldn't need to fly & ride.

Unless you are in need of a new ride, I would give tne GenIII a year or two to determine the glitches in the new edition. If you want a better price wait till the end of the model year to shop. We in CA have to deal with the CA certified requirement in order to get it registered with DMV.

I had a dealer local to me tell me that Yamaha was only releasing 5 2013 models to this area and once they are snapped up that's it. Ever heard of BS like that? I just spoke with another dealer that was priced $720 below that dealer. He said he could have one anytime I wanted it.

I may have a deal wrapped up for this Friday. Not going to say anything until it's in my garage in case something comes up and bites me in the a$$.

Please stand by ........

https://www.cycletrader.com/New-Or-Used-Yamaha-Fjr1300-Motorcycles-For-Sale-In-Chandler-Arizona/search-results?type=356953&make=Yamaha%7C2321194&model=Fjr1300%7C764862751&year=2013:2013&modelkeyword=1&zip=85225&radius=any&sort=price:asc&newsort=1 I've a question of my fellow FJR Forum Members that live in Indiana, do you have knowledge and past dealings with these two dealers? Westfield Yamaha in Westfield, IN offering 2013 FJR's for $13,990 and Dryer Motorsports in Indianapolis, IN offering 2013 FJR's for $14,099. Feel free to respond any way that you wish: Here in this thread, by private message, by emailing me at [email protected] or calling me at 480-440-4666. If you do happen to call me, I'll immediately call you back so that you do not rack up any long distance charges. Thank you for any assistance given to me!

My local dealer (the hated ride now) probably won't come off msrp more than 700, but they will match d&h's YES price. I've called 3 other dealers in the state and a couple of them won't get any more other than what they've already sold until next year. I'm working on a deal for the ONE '13 ride now is getting in. I'll know more for sure next week.

My local dealer (the hated ride now) probably won't come off msrp more than 700, but they will match d&h's YES price. I've called 3 other dealers in the state and a couple of them won't get any more other than what they've already sold until next year. I'm working on a deal for the ONE '13 ride now is getting in. I'll know more for sure next week.
How much are the fees they are going to charge?

One of the nicest things about our Fine FJR Forum is the wonderful people that are members here! PapaChuy received a phone call last night from Jay Bird of Indiana who had inside information on Westfield Yamaha and Dreyer Motorsports regarding their 2013 FJR pricing they both have listed on Cycle Trader. Both dealerships add non-negotiable fees for freight, setup and paperwork that bring their totals to exactly $14,700.

So in the case of Westfield they're adding $700 for freight, setup and paperwork, with Dreyer adding $600 for freight, setup and paperwork. I'm sure what they both are doing is perfectly legal, but to me it is "bait and switch" since they'll not reduce these fee in the bargaining process. Once again D and H Yamaha of Cullman, Alabama is coming in at the lowest REAL price for a 2013 FJR at $14,299, with the YES program at $389.

A huge shout out of Muchas Gracias to FJR Forum Member Jay Bird for helping out his Papa Chuy Viejo, when you come to Phoenix Jay Bird I'll treat you to lunch at Serrano's Mexican Restaurant here in Chandler, AZ; Con Mucho Gusto!

Last edited by a moderator:
As of last night there is now a new '13 FJR in my garage. :yahoo:

In the end I compromised between price and convenience. I drove 180 miles to Sehorn Yamaha in Shawnee OK and picked up the bike for $14,800 out the door plus 20% off of top truck and accessories and $445 for the YES warranty. Apparently I could've saved an addition $500 if I was willing to travel pretty long distances and wait for a '13 to arrive but Sehorn had the '13 on the floor and I felt the pricing was more than fair. When considering prices, tax differences, fees, freight and so on that my local dealer was adding I saved $1,700.00. Not too shabby for a 3 hour drive.

And a quick pitch for the folks at Sehorn. Everything they did was on a handshake and faith. I've never had an easier deal go down. As an example, when I was loading the bike into my pickup they thought their soft straps and tiesdowns would be better and just gave me a set of 4. Very nice.

Thanks for everyone's help in this thread. It help make me very comfortable with my choice.

20121123_175302.jpg

One of the nicest things about our Fine FJR Forum is the wonderful people that are members here! PapaChuy received a phone call last night from Jay Bird of Indiana who had inside information on Westfield Yamaha and Dreyer Motorsports regarding their 2013 FJR pricing they both have listed on Cycle Trader. Both dealerships add non-negotiable fees for freight, setup and paperwork that bring their totals to exactly $14,700.

So in the case of Westfield they're adding $700 for freight, setup and paperwork, with Dreyer adding $600 for freight, setup and paperwork. I'm sure what they both are doing is perfectly legal, but to me it is "bait and switch" since they'll not reduce these fee in the bargaining process. Once again D and H Yamaha of Cullman, Alabama is coming in at the lowest REAL price for a 2013 FJR at $14,299, with the YES program at $389.

A huge shout out of Muchas Gracias to FJR Forum Member Jay Bird for helping out his Papa Chuy Viejo, when you come to Phoenix Jay Bird I'll treat you to lunch at Serrano's Mexican Restaurant here in Chandler, AZ; Con Mucho Gusto!

Hey Don,

Those are pretty typical F & S fees. Mostly cost recovery as you know! D & H is pretty amazing settling for such a small profit on a" HOT "new unit! Maybe a quarterly hold back on the back side will help out.

One of the nicest things about our Fine FJR Forum is the wonderful people that are members here! PapaChuy received a phone call last night from Jay Bird of Indiana who had inside information on Westfield Yamaha and Dreyer Motorsports regarding their…

Hey Don,

Those are pretty typical F & S fees. Mostly cost recovery as you know! D & H is pretty amazing settling for such a small profit on a" HOT "new unit! Maybe a quarterly hold back on the back side will help out.
Many thanks for the "inside the Industry" clarifications scuba tech, what does this mean: Maybe a quarterly hold back on the back side will help out. I don't understand what this means. Help?

This is the lowest price I've seen. I don't get how they can push this price?

'13 FJR in Indianapolis
They haven't yet told you about the 'fees'. Expect some whoppers for shipping and set-up.
I called. A "phone quote" said OTD price was $14,599 plus T&T.
https://www.dreyercycle.com/m/showcase_unit.htm?id=382046&status=3 Hi Kevin, are you close enough to Dreyer Motorsports to check this out in person? Forum Member Jay Bird actually went into Dreyer and spoke to the Sales Manager, I would be really curious to see if the "phone quote" is another "bait and switch" tactic ploy!

If you do go into Dreyer M/S, please ask the Salesman if freight-setup-paperwork are included in the $14,599.

In the end I compromised between price and convenience. I drove 180 miles to Sehorn Yamaha in Shawnee OK and picked up the bike for $14,800 out the door plus 20% off of top truck and accessories and $445 for the YES warranty. Apparently I could've saved an addition $500 if I was willing to travel pretty long distances and wait for a '13 to arrive but Sehorn had the '13 on the floor and I felt the pricing was more than fair. When considering prices, tax differences, fees, freight and so on that my local dealer was adding I saved $1,700.00. Not too shabby for a 3 hour drive.

And a quick pitch for the folks at Sehorn. Everything they did was on a handshake and faith. I've never had an easier deal go down. As an example, when I was loading the bike into my pickup they thought their soft straps and tiesdowns would be better and just gave me a set of 4. Very nice.

I think you got a very fair price from a very good dealership. We would all like to be able to buy a new FJR for very close to dealer cost but if the dealer sold everything at cost they would not be in business very long and we are losing dealerships a lot faster than we are gaining them. Everyone benefits from an extended Yamaha dealer chain especially when the good ones are staying in business.

Enjoy your new ride! :clapping: