2013 FJR - Product announced!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gen III test

Looks like a future "shootout" is planned as well.

With this 2008 quote leading in the article “You mean this bike hasn’t had an overhaul since it was first introduced in the States five years ago (2003)?” it appears the reviewer is unaware of the Gen II changes. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
FJR Review

2013-Yamaha-FJR1300-BJN41454.jpg

I saw the new FJR this past weekend at the International Motorcycle Show in Dallas. In the link are some photos and specs for the 2013 model.

Changes aren't earth shattering but the biggest difference IMO is what they have been able to add w/o raising the price too much. Makes the FJR very competitive again in the sport touring class.

2013 FJR Photos

On a side note, watch the video included. This girl looks good but kind of creepy in a serial killer kind of way that she is tracking this dude on the FJR and putting photos of him up on the wall. She has an obsession...don't make her mad!

On a side note, watch the video included. This girl looks good but kind of creepy in a serial killer kind of way that she is tracking this dude on the FJR and putting photos of him up on the wall. She has an obsession...don't make her mad!
I don't know, she's pretty cute, as long as she killed me quickly it might be worth it. And I hope she'd let me put a few thousand miles on the new FJR too though. :lol:

Changes aren't earth shattering but the biggest difference IMO is what they have been able to add w/o raising the price too much. Makes the FJR very competitive again in the sport touring class.
Bingo. That's what shows that mama Yamaha "gets it."

When you can deliver more features at a similar price point, that is clearly a value advantage!

Holy shit. I sound like some marketing shmutz.

I need to go brush my teeth now...

or at least have a cigarette. :p

Cmon you electrical genious's. someone has to have a clue on this. It is holding me back. I love the 13 but I like to cruise faster than that on long cross country trips. How long will it be before someone figures this out, so I can spend some money. If not ,I will be riding my 06 ,because as far as I know the Audiovox has no limits (am I wrong)

It seems I've been chugging the coolaid mightily while checking here daily for updates and comments on the new Gen3. Thanks go to Dale, Richard and the "Me too" guy posting their direct observations for our mutual benefit.

I think I might have my BMW oilhead GS sold (TBD tomorrow), so its time now to see what local dealers are willing to do on purchase of a new FJR. I'm tempted to shop used - yet remind myself what prompted me to sell my Gen1 2004 and buy the (former) R1200RT was pursuit of better all-day ergos for this aging baby boomer. I think I'm ready to come home again like the prodigal son...

Well, I bought one...the first 2013 in Arizona, I think. My first FJR, an '05, had 55,000 miles when I sold it and bought my '08. It will be for sale soon, with 82,000 miles. I have totally enjoyed both of these bikes but my initial impression of the 2013 is that it is a definite step up. The new dash is cool and the heated grips and cruise control are really, really, spoiling me. I have never had them on a bike before and didn't realize what I've been missing.

I am planning to ride this bike "sans farkles" for a couple of months, then made decisions as to what to add, also probably moving some things from the '08 to the '13.

I haven't ridden in cold weather yet, but the new windshield seems so effective in the raised position that I may remain with the standard set-up, not going to a Cal Sci or Laminar Lip, like I did on the previous bikes.

And, yeah, I'll be adding a Tanji guard on the left pipe, pronto. Weird that Yamaha did the right side only.

So far, I am a 100% happy buyer!

Well, I bought one...the first 2013 in Arizona, I think. My first FJR, an '05, had 55,000 miles when I sold it and bought my '08. It will be for sale soon, with 82,000 miles. I have totally enjoyed both of these bikes but my initial impression of the 2013 is that it is a definite step up. The new dash is cool and the heated grips and cruise control are really, really, spoiling me. I have never had them on a bike before and didn't realize what I've been missing.

I am planning to ride this bike "sans farkles" for a couple of months, then made decisions as to what to add, also probably moving some things from the '08 to the '13.

I haven't ridden in cold weather yet, but the new windshield seems so effective in the raised position that I may remain with the standard set-up, not going to a Cal Sci or Laminar Lip, like I did on the previous bikes.

And, yeah, I'll be adding a Tanji guard on the left pipe, pronto. Weird that Yamaha did the right side only.

So far, I am a 100% happy buyer!
First of all, screw you! :p

Second, what's your VIN?

Third. Only 35 posts in just over 7 years???? WTF? Ride less, post more! :tease:

You're right, Scooter. I ride too much and post too little. I am on the road today and do not have the full VIN available but it ends in ...00070. The Apache Motorcycle sales manager said that meant the 70th one built of the 2013 models. He is the fellow who thought I had the first AZ bike, BWTHDIK?!

You're right, Scooter. I ride too much and post too little. I am on the road today and do not have the full VIN available but it ends in ...00070. The Apache Motorcycle sales manager said that meant the 70th one built of the 2013 models. He is the fellow who thought I had the first AZ bike, BWTHDIK?!
Aha! You must be the guy who got the one right before me from Apache. It's quite probable yours is the first AZ bike (and mine the 2nd) as no other dealer I contacted had ever seen one or had any idea when any would be available.