2013 FJR - Product announced!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep price is a big issue right now, look at some of the bikes Honda is turning out. Everyone seems to be going low price high gas mileage in their new models.

I think Yamaha made themselves the best value of the sport touring bunch with this update, will have to wait to see if that translates to sales.

Changes aren't earth shattering but the biggest difference IMO is what they have been able to add w/o raising the price too much. Makes the FJR very competitive again in the sport touring class.
Bingo. That's what shows that mama Yamaha "gets it."

When you can deliver more features at a similar price point, that is clearly a value advantage!

Holy shit. I sound like some marketing shmutz.

I need to go brush my teeth now...

or at least have a cigarette. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice review, wondering if that bike was set up well. Guy complains about the vibration, also seems to think it's not worth upgrading if you already have a Gen II.

I called around to local Yammie dealerships today and found a 2013 FJR 20 miles away. So now I've seen one and do like it. I was allowed to carefully straddle the beast which reminded me how much porkier these things are than BMW boxer motos I've been riding for the last 5+ yrs. :ph34r:

It actually had been sold (BTW, VIN #39) and is waiting for a truck to come get it. What truck? The one that will export it out of the country to point unknown to the sales guy. He said a volume exporter they've done biz with before came by with a shopping list for waiting customers.

I found number #49 in the San Fran Bay Area, and took her home with me!

I feel like I'm such a cheater departing my 05 FJR - we have had a LOT of fun together.

Now onto new journeys!

https://www.dandhcycle.com/contact.html Papa Chuy Viejo just got off of the phone with Jerold and Renaa of D and H Cycle of Cullman, Alabama. They have already sold two 2013 FJR's and they have deposits for one in December and one in January, they have one arriving in February that does not yet have a deposit on it!

The Details are $14,299 out the door with an additional $389 for the Yamaha Extended Warranty. A $500 deposit is required to reserve a 2013 FJR with remaining full payment required at pick up. After seeing Fairlaner's FJR on Sunday and AKjitsu's 2013 last night, $500 is burning a god damn hole in my fecking pockets!

So when that happens, you'll be touring Florida to show it off, right?

Perfect roads for break-in.....

So when that happens, you'll be touring Florida to show it off, right?

Perfect roads for break-in.....
https://classic.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Cullman&1s=AL&1y=US&1l=34.17437&1g=-86.843452&1v=CITY&2c=Panama+City&2s=FL&2y=US&2l=30.15987&2g=-85.660332&2v=CITY Walt, I am still in the decision making process on this; but, hell yes I would ride to Panama City to show it off! If I do buy from D and H it was always my intent to have them do the 600 mile service, my riding to your hometown for lunch would work out perfectly!

...After seeing Fairlaner's FJR on Sunday and AKjitsu's 2013 last night, $500 is burning a god damn hole in my fecking pockets!
Are you sure you don't want an S10??

You could ride down to Tierra Del Fuego on that thing...I hear OM is up for that ride...
Actually Old Michael is riding to Mulege, Baja California Sur on his FJR in October 2013 and remember you are also invited along.

We are really slumming on this Mexico ride, we even invited the Damned Dane Dr. Rich and that crusty/nasty reprobate Niehart!

The wife has been riding my 2012 FJR on our last several excursions and loving it. She has (had) a 2009 Yama 950 Tourer. Traded hers in a 2013 FJR today. I will have to pain myself and give her the 12 so I'll soldier with the 13 :p The 2013 is Serial #65. Got her in Oshkosh WI. Thanks to all you guys here posting the beautiful pictures of your 13s, I had to devise a plan...it worked. Hoping we can squeeze out a few more 50 degree days in WI before the white stuff shows itself for the next 5 months :eek: Pictures will be coming once I pick it up on Monday.

<snip> $500 is burning a god damn hole in my fecking pockets!
Do it Don! Or...just send the $$$ up my way and I'll buy Pops lunch on his weekly escape from the home! :lol:

--G
$500 for lunch? I am assuming that is $50 for dinner and drinks for Pops, $50 for dinner and drinks for you and $400 for a nasty call girl for Pops. Just remember Gorgeous George, two shots of strange pussy from a hot hooker and three shots of Jim Beam will kill our Pops off. However, it will take the Coroner a week to cold chisel the huge smile off of his face! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

So I've done some level of due diligence scanning threads, and I don't think anyone's said it yet. There is one thing the 2013 FJR is missing. Or at least, one possible feature that it doesn't have.

TPMS.

I'm ambivalent. I'd like to have it, but have never needed it and probably would whine about the way Yamaha chose to do it. (Like, 36 PSI front, 42 PSI rear, no way to change the values.)

Nothing to see here, move along.

I'll tell you what my tire pressure monitoring system is:

Preride: check pressures

During ride: if funky handling, stop and see what the feck is going on.

Done.

The wife has been riding my 2012 FJR on our last several excursions and loving it. She has (had) a 2009 Yama 950 Tourer. Traded hers in a 2013 FJR today. I will have to pain myself and give her the 12 so I'll soldier with the 13 :p The 2013 is Serial #65. Got her in Oshkosh WI. Thanks to all you guys here posting the beautiful pictures of your 13s, I had to devise a plan...it worked. Hoping we can squeeze out a few more 50 degree days in WI before the white stuff shows itself for the next 5 months :eek: Pictures will be coming once I pick it up on Monday.

CONGRATS!!! :clapping:

Consider me jealous down here in Illinois.

I'll be lookin' for a nice lightly used 2012 in three years, tell her not to ride it too much. :D

...There is one thing the 2013 FJR is missing. Or at least, one possible feature that it doesn't have.

TPMS...
OMFG, the way some people obsess over the number of bars on the temp gauge and the size of the reserve in the

gas tank, just think what they could do with a TPMS :dribble: :lol: