2013 FJR - Product announced!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CFR-Day-3-June-22-2011-143-L.jpg
LOL!

That's less of a price increase than expected. They must be going for the "best value" category, which clearly the trumped up AE would not fit into.

Hmmm... I will have to see that color in person before I decide if I like it. It seems to have a greenish cast in the pics? (trying to find some reason to justify to myself not running out and buying the damn thing yet...)

Just reading over the specs/features on Yammie Canada site:

High performance direct ignition coils (ignition coil is built directly into the spark plug cap) significantly reduce weight and save space.

New, electronic cruise control system is also part of the YCC-T family of functions. The control buttons are located on the L.H.S. handlebar switch gear. The "settable range" is from 50 to 128 km/hr and the transmission must be in 3rd gear or higher. The cruise system can be cancelled by activating front or rear brakes, pulling in the clutch, completely closing the throttle grip or using the activation button.

Revised, wide ratio 5-speed transmission utilizes widely spaced gear ratios for relaxed long-distance sport touring performance combined with seamless acceleration. 5th gear is an overdrive gear to reduce rpms at highway speeds. A new gear machining method is used on selected gears to reduce transmission noise.

Immobilizer ignition system is designed to reduce the possibility of "ride away" theft. This system must recognize the "coded ignition key" in order for the unit to start. If the immobilizer ignition does not recognize the key (or a thief's screwdriver or other type of "jimmy tool") the bike will not start even if the ignition is turned or forced into the on position. If the system does not recognize the coded chip in the ignition key, it will not allow the ignition system, fuel pump or starter motor to function.

Revised centre stand with new pivot point makes operation about 30% easier

and my personal favourite that's been on their for years:

The FJR1300 offers a significant level of power and performance. It is not intended for novice or inexperienced riders.

The new 2013 model weighs 7 lbs less than last years model. I could buy the new one and eat donuts for weeks! :) Overall I like the changes that have been made to the 2013 model. It will add some excitement back to the Yamaha Sport Touring category. Well done YamaMama.

Revised, wide ratio 5-speed transmission utilizes widely spaced gear ratios for relaxed long-distance sport touring performance combined with seamless acceleration. 5th gear is an overdrive gear to reduce rpms at highway speeds. A new gear machining method is used on selected gears to reduce transmission noise.
I think that's particularly interesting. While I welcome the idea of lower revs at cruising speeds--I wonder if this changes the top speed any. You can't get their in 4th and if 5th was dropped enough it might be out of the butter torque range. This little nugget will fester for a while.... :dribble:

I find myself wondering if my illegitimate bastard son SkooterG can pitch a Gen3 down the road as easily as he throws a Gen1 down the highway in a crash! Inquiring minds do want to know!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's less of a price increase than expected. They must be going for the "best value" category, which clearly the trumped up AE would not fit into.
Are you kidding? The AE would be the best value. It'd come out for $1500 more MSRP than the non AE and then sit on the showroom floor in the USA until it was ultimately sold for $1500 less than the actual sale price of an non AE. How much better value could you get? :D