2013 Iron Butt Rally - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just rode in from Portland, where I landed after leaving Pittsburgh Airport a 7pm EDT last night...
blink.png

The Day 1 IBR Report from Bob Higdon is now available: On Your Mark
Welcome home! You'll be back Thursday morning to pick Chris and me up at the little airport, right?
smile.png

Welcome home! You'll be back Thursday morning to pick Chris and me up at the little airport, right?
smile.png
Big Negative, Ghost Rider... I am headed down into the furnace of California to be a Scorer for Mr. Austin on Friday (possibly, o'dark-thirty on Saturday).

I am slated to meet up with PuppychowFJR and Brian Roberts; we are gonna provide entertainment/harassment services to Ms. RallyMistress... she will most definitely need our particular brand of love by about Day 8...
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Tobie needs to back away from the HDR button and get another lens. That fish eye should be about worn out by now.

I'd like the pictures a lot more if they weren't all distorted and fucked with. All that processing makes it hard to really "see" the pic.

I was following Perry K. on his SPOT. He is riding his nicely modded FJR (while all IBR bikes are modded, Perry's is really clean and precise). This is Perry's 2nd IBR.

Any-hoo, I saw that he was coming up through VT but then he kept coming north and was on the verge of entering...Canuckstan...!!
uhoh.gif

So we decided to throw together a little something to welcome him. I swear, you meet the nicest people on FJRs (especially when they are Canadian)(I only wish I could figure out how to post a pic to the forum...I am such a dumb-ass when it comes to stuff like this...).

Here's hoping all the riders have a great ride and make it home to their families safe.

Cheers!

Kevin Craft

Rallymaster

Rendez-vous rally

www.rendezvousld.org

Tobie needs to back away from the HDR button and get another lens. That fish eye should be about worn out by now.
I'd like the pictures a lot more if they weren't all distorted and fucked with. All that processing makes it hard to really "see" the pic.
Coffee yet?
rolleyes.gif

I was following Perry K. on his SPOT. He is riding his nicely modded FJR (while all IBR bikes are modded, Perry's is really clean and precise). This is Perry's 2nd IBR.

Cheers!

Kevin Craft

Rallymaster

Rendez-vous rally

www.rendezvousld.org
Kevin, Perry works at a Nuclear Power Station, he was explaining to me post '11 IBR about the setup on his fuel cell and the transfer pump. He is very particular and his bike shows that drive for perfection.

SNIP

Alex Schmitt. He had initially called because the

ship at the Erie Maritime Museum that he was supposed to photograph was not

there. Lisa reminded Alex that the object in question --- a tall ship that

participates in Great Lake regattas --- would not be available until July 4th. “And

---today is not July 4, is it?” she asked. Alex agreed that it was not

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex is a top contender, surprised to see this error at the start of the rally..

Anyone know if Alex is riding a RT or the old 1100 ST ?

#24 still stuck at Honda East in Toledo. If anybody is talking to him, let me know if there's anything I can do to help as I'm local.

I saw 4 Tenere's in that start video, but I want to know who the couple riding two up on one is! I did see OCFJR on his Tenere...

I just looked at the Spot map. I think they are trying to spell something. Maybe send a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.