2013 Iron Butt Rally - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
those damned magic coyotes.
They do leave a mark that is hard to buff out
whistling.gif

Tho, I am glad Ken is back in the saddle
scare2.gif

One guy in Manhattan - so much fun a big bike.
fool.gif
There's a SR-71 there.
Looks like they might have passed by the Intrepid museum. Between the weather and the hour, it's a crappy time to get through the city though.

Passing right by me now towards the East End. Montauk lighthouse maybe? There's also a Tomcat at Grumman's old airfield in Calverton. In any case I guess it must be worth it as there's no way off this sandbar at night except back the way they came.

Wendy's husband, Mike, checking in here: says she's having a great time and seeing good things....accept for four upside down cars on the highway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran into Wendy Crocket and another rider, Mark Beaulac (sp?) on my way home!
Both were very focused and looked great, of course, it was only 3 hours into the rally at that point!
smile.png
'Marc'
smile.png
A canucklehead who took a wrong turn and ended up living in AZ

LIke a lab rat repeatedly pressing a bar for a treat, I keep hitting refresh on my browser. Oh, this is gonna be fun...

Best of luck to all, and to all a safe ride.

Looks like #61 and #43 are making pretty good time down the Interstate.

What's going on with #62 and #47? Having dinner, missed when they broke away.

Wendy's husband, Mike, checking in here: says she's having a great time and seeing good things....accept for four upside down cars on the highway.
'K Mike... Time to sign up on the FJR Forum!

Good to hear from you.

Don't know what it is about rain+drivers=rollovers, glad Wendy is a-OK

Looks like #61 and #43 are making pretty good time down the Interstate.
What's going on with #62 and #47? Having dinner, missed when they broke away.
Just guessing, but they may have picked up other bonuses that 61 and 43 didn't. Looks like 61 and 43 haven't stopped for other points, they'll moving right along.

The latest report is out - I saw it on LD Rider, not sure if it made the IBR website just yet.

Lots of riders up in my neck of the woods tonight. Looks like a bonii in SSM, I'm guessing the Bush Plane Museum.

Go guys go. Be safe.

Someone at a bar in Flint, dunno about that for me. Lots have stopped for the night. Good thinking.

'K Mike... Time to sign up on the FJR Forum!
Good to hear from you.

Don't know what it is about rain+drivers=rollovers, glad Wendy is a-OK
I have one....just been so long since I posted I can't remember what any of my login info is. Benevolent leader....help please.

Looks like at least 3 guys heading to Key West.
I'm betting one is KM
Heh ... I'm betting that rider is one of the 20 SPOT units we don't have on that map :)

Those who know where he is are, rightly, not saying. I'm guessing most of us won't find out much before the first checkpoint results. We may get something in the Daily Reports.

Looks like someone is heading towards Nova Scotia. Wonder if they're going to the Alexander Graham Bell museum on Cape Breton Island. They have a hydrofoil there.

Just rode in from Portland, where I landed after leaving Pittsburgh Airport a 7pm EDT last night...
blink.png

The Day 1 IBR Report from Bob Higdon is now available: On Your Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.