2013 Iron Butt Rally - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But holy shi-ite, Iggy's hair is such a masterpiece that it (1) belies his alien origins, (2) will probably get him fired from his job, (3) is likely to get him barred from city council chambers, and (4) will generally make him feared on sight along his route if he should take off his helmet. Considering that handicap, it's NO WONDER that he got to leave the line first.
I understand Iggy went Telly Savales on us before the start. Didn't you notice baldy holding a lollipop as Dale sent him on his way?

One of the riders that went to the Sioux routed down Hwy 400 just in time to hit Rush Hour in Toronto. Poor bastard is now inching across the city. This was a HUGH time wasting routing error. I am surprised that most of the riders on the northern loop did not run Hwy 17 out of North Bay and head to Ottawa before dropping down towards Montreal.

Any of the local truckers will tell you that this is one of the quickest ways across Ontario and traffic is very light. If you look at a map it is also one of the most direct routes from the Sioux to Montreal on a major road. Sometimes the 400 series (Ontario equivalent to interstates) is not the fastest.

i-hf3h2bc-M.jpg

Bike returning from Key West. This one's a Concours, but we can be nice :) This was just posted to Facebook by Bill Hall who suggested it be shared around.

He looks to be in a hurry. Go figure.

So what do you think? A beeline to all points in Michigan, or everything he can scarf up to the East?

But holy shi-ite, Iggy's hair is such a masterpiece that it (1) belies his alien origins, (2) will probably get him fired from his job, (3) is likely to get him barred from city council chambers, and (4) will generally make him feared on sight along his route if he should take off his helmet. Considering that handicap, it's NO WONDER that he got to leave the line first.
I understand Iggy went Telly Savales on us before the start. Didn't you notice baldy holding a lollipop as Dale sent him on his way?
Chicken! You mean he shaved the 6 colored braids he had in the earlier pics? There must be a way he can be given shit at each checkpoint where he's not sporting those braids. Warchild? You sent him off first after he defaced your best barber's artwork?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Matt did a buzz cut just before he left. Those braids would have wore a hole in his head.

Might be that Dale will have a little surprise for him when they meet again.
rolleyes.gif

SNIPAlex Schmitt. He had initially called because the

ship at the Erie Maritime Museum that he was supposed to photograph was not

there. Lisa reminded Alex that the object in question --- a tall ship that

participates in Great Lake regattas --- would not be available until July 4th. “And

---today is not July 4, is it?” she asked. Alex agreed that it was not

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex is a top contender, surprised to see this error at the start of the rally..

Anyone know if Alex is riding a RT or the old 1100 ST ?
He is still riding his trusty '91 ST. Somewhere around 350,000 miles and about half dozen forest rat strikes.

Well, since one of them is in the Florida panhandle, and not on the map in the Day 2 report, your theory is blown wide open. :) :p
We've only seen stage 1 bonii. A sadist would sprinkle them across all stages. Put on your rally master hat. :)

Nice to see 24 on the move. Just crossed Mackinaw Bridge. Go 24!!!!!

#49 has been sitting in the same spot outside Amherst, Nova Scotia for quite awhile now. It doesn't look like the kind of spot I would expect anyone to choose if they wanted to take a break.

Chicken! You mean he shaved the 6 colored braids he had in the earlier pics? There must be a way he can be given shit at each checkpoint where he's not sporting those braids. Warchild? You sent him off first after he defaced your best barber's artwork?!?
https://tobie.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Iron-Butt-Rally-2013/30225872_5gNwbS#!i=2611250374&k=ZLp7dSm

I can't wait for the end. I really like the video/gif someone usually puts together of the spotwalla thing as the riders progress...maybe someone can set it to the "Ants Marching": song...

Oh, he's gonna pay, all right....
weirdsmiley.gif

IggyHairStart.jpg

I can't wait for the end. I really like the video/gif someone usually puts together of the spotwalla thing as the riders progress...maybe someone can set it to the "Ants Marching": song...
I did the gathering vid. I'm collecting screenshots through the rally now. I'm never one good for picking background music (why the gathering has none) so maybe this is the way I'll go. I'm sure I'm not the only one collecting screens though.

Status
Not open for further replies.