2013 Iron Butt Rally - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the current Jungo Road taker has done very well. Definitely a big time saver for this rider. Not off the dirt yet, but making excellent time. Good choice and congrats on those dirt skilz!

My friend, Harley Huey, says, "They're all dirt bikes, kid. Some just work better than others."

Thank you for the supplemental information being provided by the people familiar with the area. I hold you all personally responsible for my lack of productivity. Carry on!

+1!!!!

uhoh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
#145 has left Junga Road and is at "Burning Man" ... There is a route through there to the Playa Bonus, it appears, but you'd have to be pretty confident.

And the rider approaching Gerlach is now heading across the playa, nice! Get the 3 mile entrance and head on down 447 back to 80. Good move and riding skills, check point approaches, clock is ticking and from the looks of the photo in Higdon's daily report, there's loads more bonus locations between Reno/Carson City and Sacramento.
smile.png
Now is the time for wise choices and what points are worth it vs getting in, getting scored and getting to bed in preparation for the 3rd leg, where the points should be higher still!

#145 has left Junga Road and is at "Burning Man" ... There is a route through there to the Playa Bonus, it appears, but you'd have to be pretty confident.
punk.gif

Yeah, you have to be confident, otherwise your bike winds up looking like this:

IMG_20120929_155603.jpg

:lol:

Sal Terranova update-

Valve stem zip tied and holding air. Being followed by tow truck driver Westbound on I-80 to Wendover. Tow Truck driver owns a tire shop and will open for Sal!!

Checkpoint closes at 10pm so Sal has his work cut out for him...

Keep us posted, Dale! I know you'll get busy when scoring starts, of course. Tell someone else to do it!

There appears to be two riders out in Eastern WY. We were told one was Dennis Powell, but how about the other?

The rider who went across the playa appears to have made it. Sweet!

I am sitting at Checkpoint 2 along with Tyler Risk, Fairlaner, Jerry White, Go Far, Roger Van Satan and a gazillion other FJRForum members.... all waiting for the riders to start showing.up.
Dcarver less than 2 miles away. But I ain't got no bra!

I am sitting at Checkpoint 2 along with Tyler Risk, Fairlaner, Jerry White, Go Far, Roger Van Satan and a gazillion other FJRForum members.... all waiting for the riders to start showing.up.
Dcarver less than 2 miles away. But I ain't got no bra!
It appears that DCarver is 2 miles away with a bra. Those darn double negatives.

I'd rather ride on the playa than Jungo Road.... Right beerme?
Jungo road is well graveled and should not be that difficult for the adventure bike. The Playa after a rain would be trouble for any bike if you break through the crust into mud.

On my way to Rancho Cambodia now

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather ride on the playa than Jungo Road.... Right beerme?
Jungo road is well graveled and should not be that difficult for the adventure bike. The Playa after a rain would be trouble for any bike if you break through the crust into mud.

On my way to Rancho Cambodia now
Inside joke, dude. He rode bitch with me on the playa, no problem. Not so much when I rode bitch with him - to be fair, we were actually off Jungo Road cutting over to the playa, but those are unnecessary details. He dumped me, I did not dump him. This is all that matters.

Glad to hear Sal's okay. Met him on the MD 20/20 this year. Been trying to follow him on this ride.On a Honda but won't hold that against him.

There is a Scorer's Meeting at 3pm, I'm going to wander downstairs at watch the observers..... Many more of our forum bretheren are here, including, PuppychowFJR, IronMaidan, Tobie Stevens, Brian Roberts, Dennis York, Roger Van Saten, and a whole bunch more... :)

Yikes, I just took a look at our Spotwalla map, and there are a LOT of our folks currently suffering with that terrible Sunday traffic around Lake Tahoe... that's gotta be stressful.... what a sick place to be....

Status
Not open for further replies.