2013 Iron Butt Rally - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Relieved to hear Sal is still in it. I'd hate to see him be out or not finish because of something like that. Hope he can get enough rest and maybe make the needed repairs.

I hope the 2 Spots in Wyoming get pulled off soon. They skew the screen refresh.

And bikes are scattered, and by my clock, it's 30 minutes before they get the packs. Are they staying at other hotels, out for breakfast, or am I reading the little hand wrong?

Riders meeting/packet opening should be happening right about now! We should be getting results here soon. Can't wait, I feel so out of the loop not being there and seeing everyone/hearing what's going on. Come on forum peeps who are fortunate enough to be there, keep us posted!

Sigh...took the kiddo to see Despicable Me 2 and come home to a killed refresh on both computers capturing. Hence it'll jump just a smidge here and there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MEM
Awesome riding!! So Justin saw it - he gets the keyboard cowboy award for today! Nice imaginary riding, Justin!
smile.png

So happy for Matty Patty, and of course, Eric. Both deserve this. Reminds me of the Owens/Earls face off in 2009. Can't wait to watch this leg unfold.

*sigh* now I must go back to work

Bet Iggy wishes he didn't screw the pooch on the 1st leg call in now. I sure hope that doesn't end up making the difference when it is all said and done.

That was one hell of of monster run! Go Matt, Wendy, Derek, Tim, JP!

Looks like the FJR is very well represented!

I knew Iggy was RIDING, I just didn't know Jewell was a step ahead of him. A ride for the ages. Whew.

I'm pulling for them both. Jewell has more 2nd place finishes than anyone in IBR history. If any guy has put more heart and miles into the IBR than Jewell, I ain't heard of him.

This last leg is the longest. Depending on how the points are being allocated, this could remain a close race, or get blown wide apart.

A gripping contest this has been.

GZ

How did the riders look at Checkpoint 2?

While at Checkpoint 1, Sooze and I noticed that some riders had that "10,000 mile stare" look to 'em while others hopped off their bikes looking like they were ready to go walk 18 holes at Augusta.

I knew Iggy was RIDING, I just didn't know Jewell was a step ahead of him. A ride for the ages. Whew.
I'm pulling for them both. Jewell has more 2nd place finishes than anyone in IBR history. If any guy has put more heart and miles into the IBR than Jewell, I ain't heard of him.

This last leg is the longest. Depending on how the points are being allocated, this could remain a close race, or get blown wide apart.

A gripping contest this has been.

GZ
Yeah, this is one of those rides where you can't pick a favorite - cause they both are! Gentlemen both, either would be a gracious winner.

Holy mother of moto's! What an incredible rides!!

I found myself shaking and yelling with joy at Bob's report. It made my whole day.That would be two BBG's and a rest bonus under rally conditions. Fabulous stuff here folks.

I think Iggy is riding the best runs so far, putting aside the phone in errors. Hellauva comeback to 2nd, and only 400 or so points behind the leader. Next few days are going to be a nail biter.

Awesome riding!! So Justin saw it - he gets the keyboard cowboy award for today! Nice imaginary riding, Justin!
smile.png

So happy for Matty Patty, and of course, Eric. Both deserve this. Reminds me of the Owens/Earls face off in 2009. Can't wait to watch this leg unfold.

*sigh* now I must go back to work
What do I win? It was actually pretty clear to me when I looked at the packet, and pretended I could ride like like Matt or Eric :lol:

That was an awesome leg - those two guys destroyed it.

Is my Spotwalla broken or is everybody still at the motel? Can't believe that.....
I had noticed that as well.
Rest bonus to start Leg 3? That'd just be silly.

Edit: There appears to be some separation now. Riders are on the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.