2013 Iron Butt Rally - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel bummed for Scott Thornton! To endure all of that and come up a measly 237 points short! Makes me wonder if he hadn't lost his camera how well he could've done. Congratulations anyway on making it home safely. That in itself is more than most of us are likely to ever do in an event like this.

Yes - I'm very bummed for Scott - but I bet he gets an invite back to try again!

Had he not lost the camera I bet he would scored well into the top 20. Top 10? Possibly.

IBR podium predictions or should I say just raw speculation anyone? The dance is over, is it against the rules to speculate who the prom King or Queen is?

Congrats to all the competitors, finishers or not.

So sad about Ken Meese on the final run in.

Sorry to hear about the many DNF's due to time, especially Howard. We chatted quite a bit before he set out on the third leg. He headed north, for the points and the weather. Have to get him to post about his infrared detector he has on the bike, never seen anything like it.

My guess is Wendy, Iggy and Dickson for the podium in no particular order. But whoever it is, the memories for all will be endless.

And a big thanks also to Warchild for the inside scoop. Your da Man!

For myself, as much as our visitors have been thanking this fine forum for having this thread (of which I too am thankful for), I'd like to thank our visitors for being a part of this. Y'all don't wait another two years before you stop by again.

As for Puppychow's question.....I dunno.....DD, WC, MW, TP, JM & TO in the Top 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Banquet should have just started so we'll know the finishing order for certain in a couple hours.

For myself, as much as our visitors have been thanking this fine forum for having this thread (of which I too am thankful for), I'd like to thank our visitors for being a part of this. Y'all don't wait another two years before you stop by again.
As for Puppychow's question.....I dunno.....DD, WC, TP, JM & TO in the Top 10.
I'll drink to that.
drinks.gif

Up out here in Ranch Cucamonga CA at 0530 catching up on this 2013 IBR finish. Glad Iggy made it in safely and hope his back pains ease. Sorry to hear of Ken's accident, hope he is not injured badly. A hearty Atta Boy to Eeeksnake, great ride. Kudos to Wendy, she is a real trooper. To all the riders, staff and those using the FJR forum thanks for your comments and questions. This Forum is better than any of our networks or cable sites in reporting these many events. Thanks a million from a very senior FJR Vintage Rider!!
+1

Up out here in Ranch Cucamonga CA at 0530 catching up on this 2013 IBR finish. Glad Iggy made it in safely and hope his back pains ease. Sorry to hear of Ken's accident, hope he is not injured badly. A hearty Atta Boy to Eeeksnake, great ride. Kudos to Wendy, she is a real trooper. To all the riders, staff and those using the FJR forum thanks for your comments and questions. This Forum is better than any of our networks or cable sites in reporting these many events. Thanks a million from a very senior FJR Vintage Rider!!

I'm guessing Wendy, Iggy and Josh Mountain on the podium (no particular order). I have a feeling that Josh's monster final leg will be enough to vault him into the Top 3.

Where is the live stream from the Banquet? Yea! Why isn't there any tweets for us twits who aren't there?

I too would also like to add my thanks to the long list of people who made this all happen. From the whole IBA staff to all the riders and also this group of users who came up with many ideas about where riders were heading and the many sightings that were reported. May all the riders and staff have a safe trip back home and that those that were involved in mishaps may you heal quickly and get back to riding. To those who did not make it back to the barn in time I feel for you and you should be proud of your ride, many other riders could never do what you have done.

Here is a video I just posted on the LDrider list that I and a few others think is a appropriate for what you have been through.

This is a great song with many LDriders and bikes and I would bet some of you will know some of these guys.

I've been everywhere

See you in two years when this all happens again. Ride safe and far.

Warren

I too would also like to add my thanks to the long list of people who made this all happen. From the whole IBA staff to all the riders and also this group of users who came up with many ideas about where riders were heading and the many sightings that were reported. May all the riders and staff have a safe trip back home and that those that were involved in mishaps may you heal quickly and get back to riding.
Well said. Lots of people directed to the FJR forum from other sites to ensure they got the latest info.

I too would also like to add my thanks to the long list of people who made this all happen. From the whole IBA staff to all the riders and also this group of users who came up with many ideas about where riders were heading and the many sightings that were reported. May all the riders and staff have a safe trip back home and that those that were involved in mishaps may you heal quickly and get back to riding. To those who did not make it back to the barn in time I feel for you and you should be proud of your ride, many other riders could never do what you have done.
Here is a video I just posted on the LDrider list that I and a few others think is a appropriate for what you have been through.

This is a great song with many LDriders and bikes and I would bet some of you will know some of these guys.

I've been everywhere

Love the video, thanks for sharing.

I want to piss on my ex wifes grave, but for differant reasons

I told Iggy before he departed with Rusty and Paul about 2 weeks ago: "If you fucking splat for doing dumb shit, I will come to your funeral just to piss on your grave".
I just told him to make sure the shiny side stayed up.

I forgot that by the end of the rally, there ain't no shiny side.

Thanks for the updates everybody. You've been great hosts.

I've been everywhere

Loved the video!

Status
Not open for further replies.