2013 Yamaha Street Motorcycle Overview

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Minor changes? In color? :D

Balls, still no Yellow and black ST.

Last edited by a moderator:
Minor changes eehh? How about voice activating the glove box?

Unreal what influence the media can have. Good thing the bike is already as close to perfect as it can get. I mean the only thing it needs is to go on a diet and when was the last time we saw a Japanese maker do that to ANY of their bikes?

Looks like I'll keep my '06 for a while longer. Don't know how long I can ignore the '09 though. :unsure:
You know you want the '09 'maker. Wait for the right one to surface and save almost 50% over new!!

--G
You can read minds too?! Whoa! That's Scary! :lol: That '09AE has been calling my name for a while now. :unsure:

God, I hate to rain on this parade, with everybody having such fun, but another click under "Products" shows their four categories of "Street Motorcycle," including Super Sport, Super Sport Touring, Adventure Touring, and Dual Purpose. Guess what is the only entry under Super Sport Touring? :rolleyes:

God, I hate to rain on this parade, with everybody having such fun, but another click under "Products" shows their four categories of "Street Motorcycle," including Super Sport, Super Sport Touring, Adventure Touring, and Dual Purpose. Guess what is the only entry under Super Sport Touring? :rolleyes:
Yes. And it shows the 2012 FJR...not a 2013. That's the point that there's not currently a 2013 FJR listed. That indicates it's not returning or not yet posted. I'm going with the October announcement theory.

Considering the (relatively) low volume of units sold, and lack of ANY press on the existing model, I think they would be smart to NOT have a 2013 model. Make the bike MIA for a year....then announce a NEW/IMPROVED FJR for 2014 with great pomp and fanfare!!!

Just like in real estate, it helps a slow moving property to be OFF the market for a while. Then you can re-list it as a NEW listing, and gain more publicity. (no I'm not an agent, but maybe I slept @ Holiday Inn once in a while) ;)

Per this article it says..."Both the 2013 model FJR1300 and FZ8 will receive minor changes for 2013 and will be introduced within the next month."

Looks like we'll have to wait until 2014 to see if there is a complete model redesign coming then.

---------------------------------

Some Standard features I think the FJR should have or change moving forward are:

- Cruise control

- Electronic suspension adjustment (Solo, 2up, touring & sport modes that are touch of the button similar to some Ducati bikes)

- Upgraded suspension components in general

- Overall modern styling upgrade

- More aerodynamic styled saddlebags

- Aluminum stock rear topcase rack

- 10-15 more HP

- Better & more sturdy glove box design (painted aluminum housing & latch instead of plastic)

- Dual Helmet Locks

Optional features:

- Built-in GPS similar to most modern automobiles

- XM Radio with earbud jack

- OEM Highway pegs

Oh yea, is it too early to start the 2014 FJR threads yet? :D

Rodger Dodger, you must be referring to Suzuki's skipping a model year philospohy. I could see it working and Yamaha getting all the old leftovers sold off.

I just hung up from talking to Yamaha. They said the FJR will be released as a "world" model and that release date is October 2nd.

Straight from the mothership...

Dano
Can you be more specific? Who in Yamaha? A junior mechanic at a dealer in Sheboygan or a VP in Cypress? One is the mothership and another is an escape pod.

Also, the FJR has been a "world" model since 2006.
The guy was from the California Customer Relations Office. He was in touch with Product development. He would not offer as to whether or not we get an updated FJR but he did say at the end of the call that the wait would be worth it as it would be an "awesome" event. FWIW.

Dano

Yes. And it shows the 2012 FJR...not a 2013. That's the point that there's not currently a 2013 FJR listed. That indicates it's not returning or not yet posted. I'm going with the October announcement theory.
Also don't forget that this was how they introduced the Gen2. If interested in buying an FJR, I'd wait.

And that white Super Tenere is calling my name ....

We got the e-mail today at the dealership that says info on 2013 FJR will be released next month. Guess we just have to wait and see. :angry2:

My guess the only changes will be cruise control and a choice of Pearl white or the other color Peal white. Nothing but Pearl white FJR's for 2013. Now if the after market gurus can come up with some nice red stripes to put on it we might have something.

Dave

Per this article it says..."Both the 2013 model FJR1300 and FZ8 will receive minor changes for 2013 and will be introduced within the next month."

Looks like we'll have to wait until 2014 to see if there is a complete model redesign coming then.

---------------------------------

Some Standard features I think the FJR should have or change moving forward are:

- Cruise control

- Electronic suspension adjustment (Solo, 2up, touring & sport modes that are touch of the button similar to some Ducati bikes)

- Upgraded suspension components in general

- Overall modern styling upgrade

- More aerodynamic styled saddlebags

- Aluminum stock rear topcase rack

- 10-15 more HP

- Better & more sturdy glove box design (painted aluminum housing & latch instead of plastic)

- Dual Helmet Locks

Optional features:

- Built-in GPS similar to most modern automobiles

- XM Radio with earbud jack

- OEM Highway pegs
That's a great list that I'd only add that the present dash compartment latch with a simple push button.

Status
Not open for further replies.