2013 Yamaha Street Motorcycle Overview

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[some Standard features I think the FJR should have or change moving forward are:

I've added Yamaha's likely replies to these feature requests:

- Cruise control NO

- Electronic suspension adjustment (Solo, 2up, touring & sport modes that are touch of the button similar to some Ducati bikes) NO

- Upgraded suspension components in general NO

- Overall modern styling upgrade NO

- More aerodynamic styled saddlebags NO

- Aluminum stock rear topcase rack NO

- 10-15 more HP NO

- Better & more sturdy glove box design (painted aluminum housing & latch instead of plastic) NO

- Dual Helmet Locks NO

I'll even add one:

CHOICE OF COLORS NO

all of those things would be sooo cool, but for me, until they throw in a 6th gear, not even tempted (flame on, about gear ratios etc, BLAH BLAH BLAH, but a SIX speed would make this even nearly perfect bike one step closer for me)imho...

Easy...to piss off all the 2012 buyers who dropped 14 large on leftover '06 bikes. :assassin:
I bought my 2012 because it's not the first couple years of a new model. If they do come out with big changes, I wouldn't want one until the third or fourth year anyway. So I'm quite happy with my 2012 '06 bike.

Go this from Motorcycle News UK today...

2013 Yamaha FJR1300 leaked

By Andy Downes -

Yamaha's revised FJR1300 tourer was accidentally leaked for a brief period yesterday.

The bike doesn't show any major changes but it can be seen to have new side fairings, a slightly revised subframe and more up-to-date clocks, but the frame appears identical as does the engine and the rest of the major components.

There is a rumour the FJR1300 will get traction control but as this is not an official leak of information this cannot be confirmed. The bike is expected to be officially launched at next week's Cologne motorcycle show.

The two low resolution images were seen by Dutch motorcycle website Oliepeil and downloaded.

The revisions may come as a disappointment to some who have been hoping for major work on the Yamaha tourer as it has been around largely unchanged since it was new in 2001 save for the addtion of ABS in 2003 and the option of an automatic gearbox in 2006. The bike is still a popular and highly capable tourer.

Click here for pics and link to article.

I've never come back from a long distance twisty filled trip on my FJR and ever had anything remotely close to disappointment.

If you like new gadgets and need new toys, I don't think Yamaha is gonna scratch that itch with the FJR platform.

Me...I'm happy.

I just may want a sportbike in the future when I'm within dayride distance of twisty roads.

I've never come back from a long distance twisty filled trip on my FJR and ever had anything remotely close to disappointment.

If you like new gadgets and need new toys, I don't think Yamaha is gonna scratch that itch with the FJR platform.

Me...I'm happy.

I just may want a sportbike in the future when I'm within dayride distance of twisty roads.
This.

You're approaching this news all wrong.

Just mentally replace "FJR" with an image of the "Iphone", and suddenly, it's an announcement of incredible proportions.

The 2013 FJR: available with a NEW COLOR!! MAYBE EVEN WHITE!!!! A slighty revised SUBFRAME! Tweaked fairings. HOLY CRAP! I'm headed to the dealer to camp out in line right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with Someguy. I see no reason Yamaha has failed to add a 6sp gear box to the FJR. The bike has adequate HP to handle a 6th gear. No reason to be cranking 4 grand at 80MPH. A reasonable ratio would be 85MPH at 4 grand. Less fuel consumption and less emissions . imagine how proud that would make the Green Gang!! Crouse control should be an option I would gladly pay for.

Photos leaked of the next Gen FJR, as it's the 10 year anniversary of the U.S. 2003 version, the color is silver with black wheels ! :yahoo:

Copyof2012PeopleGTi300Small.jpg

2012PeopleGTi3001Small.jpg

Looks like we got everything we asked for, including lighter weight. Maybe we'll have to be more specific next time.

Ya'll might want to look HERE! I like it!!!

Looks like they were listening to some of my suggestions! Updated list:

Some Standard features I think the FJR should have or change moving forward are:

- Cruise control YES

- Electronic suspension adjustment (Solo, 2up, touring & sport modes) YES

- Upgraded suspension components in general ????

- Overall modern styling upgrade YES

- More aerodynamic styled saddlebags NO

- Aluminum stock rear topcase rack ????

- 10-15 more HP 3HP GAIN

- Better & more sturdy glove box design (painted aluminum housing & latch instead of plastic) ????

- Dual Helmet Locks ????

- Choice of color YES

- Traction Control YES

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.