2013 Yamaha Street Motorcycle Overview

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they bother with minor changes if an all new one was coming out it '14?

I read on the internet that they'll eliminate the wiring harness for 2013 and use WiFi. Just trying to keep you guys up to date......

Man, Yamaha needs to scratch this itch soon before I do something I may regret. If the 2013 is just a small upgrade, and I'm afraid it will be, I think I may have to leave the fold for a little while.

Well, they could start making the Gen 1 again, call it a Gen 3, and tell us all about the heroic effort they put into shaving the 20 -30 lbs off the Gen 2. :lol:

[some Standard features I think the FJR should have or change moving forward are:

I've added Yamaha's likely replies to these feature requests:

- Cruise control NO

- Electronic suspension adjustment (Solo, 2up, touring & sport modes that are touch of the button similar to some Ducati bikes) NO

- Upgraded suspension components in general NO

- Overall modern styling upgrade NO

- More aerodynamic styled saddlebags NO

- Aluminum stock rear topcase rack NO

- 10-15 more HP NO

- Better & more sturdy glove box design (painted aluminum housing & latch instead of plastic) NO

- Dual Helmet Locks NO

I'll even add one:

CHOICE OF COLORS NO

Looking at the Canadian site it's interesting to see their model line-up of motorcycles starts with:

https://www.yamaha-mo...n=ov&model=4186

goes consecutively through their motorcycle line and ends with:

https://www.yamaha-mo...n=ov&model=4214

That's 4186 to 4214 and I've run every combination in between...and no FJR appears to be listed. I think if it was listed it would be in or flanking the 4192-4196 range. While it's possible it will be 4215 or other number....I'm wondering now if it's being continued.
Hey guys,

I just hung up from talking to Yamaha. They said the FJR will be released as a "world" model and that release date is October 2nd.

Straight from the mothership...

Dano
The timing couldn't be more perfect! I may sneak in the compound where my bruised FJR awaits appraisal for repair and take a sledge hammer to it just to be sure she gets a burial one way or another.

Spoke to my local UK dealer today & they said they don't expect any changes except to the colour in the anouncement on Oct 2nd.

We'll have to wait & see.

I'm optimistic. The FZ1 got nothing but color changes and it's posted. No reason to have a special date and announcement and deal with two sets of website changes and everything else that goes with all of this for just a color change. I do think we'll be underwhelmed with what is announced but I bet it's more than just a color change.

die_zpsf1bca908.png

Status
Not open for further replies.