2015 FJR1300 Information Released!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Contrast of the colors are nice but still like that red and my ol blue. Now if one showed up in the garage, there would be no complaints. Either way, still the best bike for the $$ out there.

I looked at a Red 14 on the floor the other day, beautiful bike for the $$ a great deal.

So, I think I was too quick on the assumptions. I think standard side cases are still the norm for the U.S. Whew.
Bonus then is the price is unchanged for 2015! That is a first however.
thumbsup.gif
I noticed the "wet weight" is the same as past Gen III models as well. Removing a the bags would make a nice reduction in curb weight. I can't believe Yamaha would have overlooked that.

Ghostly Graphite is not my bag. I see they came to their senses and have the side panels the same colour as the other body panels. Black tank band is also a plus.

I suspect the dealers are going to see an up tick in 2014 sales. I think candy red is preferred over graphite by the riding population. Have our northern brothers gotten word on the colour(s) being offered in Canada?

Yup...My wife likes this new color. I like it, not as much as I liked the '14s when I first saw them. However, after seeing the 14s in person, I donno how much I like the color. They're BRIGHT, and apparently the paint is soft. Lol...Maybe a Graphite bike is in my future.

Thank goodness it's not black...

I have been waiting for 3 years for Yamaha to put the inverted fork on the A model, probably is not going to happen next year either. If anyone wants to trade the new color for red let me know.
Looks like you need to keep waiting for standard inverted forks '007. My lame-brain idea is looking better all the time, eh?

Hey, Escapefjrtist close enough to black for you?
I dunno...maybe.
coolsmiley02.gif
Gotta see it in the flesh first!

--G

For those of you that placed an order, how long are they saying it will take? Apparently MSRP is not required, they are willing to deal?
My salesman never called me back today and he did not sound like he had any idea that he could order the 2015 yet.
upset.gif
angry01.gif
Redfish Hunter,

I didn't place an order because my dealer has one coming in 2 weeks. I printed out the posting above for someone else's price (w/o tax, title, etc) and said I'd need a good number to ride one off the lot. Should get a call Friday with delivery date and "best price", and I can make my deposit over the phone. (How convenient!)

Of course, I am an easy mark since I've lusted after this bike for so long ... and it must be obvious. Besides, black is a slimming color; I'll look 30 pounds thinner on this!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well at least there are color choices for all you good folks. Apart from the guys that love blue. I think thats down for 2016.

Gazza

Have our northern brothers gotten word on the colour(s) being offered in Canada?
Colour(s)

Metallic Black

Dark Metallic Gray

I think the metallic black is for the A and the dark metallic grey is for the ES. No good photos on the site so I don't know how they look.

Just chiming in to keep updated, but boy am I glad I got my 14', even though I had to get a black tank band and red side panels to make it "mine. Totally worth it!

Pearl white would be a color that would make me do the math... nothing else. Well except for maybe metallic gold.
I agree, that would be sexy!!!

Serious above.^^^^^^^^

JOKING BELOW

as long as the paint wasn't soft, I could set the cruise control to 146 mph, the seat was perfect, the sub-frame could hold a gorilla, the windshield didn't buffet, the stock tires didn't suck, blah blah blah.

I am happy with mine, and would be more happy with anything newer as long as it was mechanically sound. I am just happy we are splitting hairs about an FJR. Just think how stupid sounding we would be if we had Hardleys to debate. This is a great bike and forum...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been waiting for 3 years for Yamaha to put the inverted fork on the A model, probably is not going to happen next year either. If anyone wants to trade the new color for red let me know.
Looks like you need to keep waiting for standard inverted forks '007. My lame-brain idea is looking better all the time, eh?

--G
Actually, your lame-brain idea would probably cost a lot less than upgrading my 13A to a 15A....the question is.....will it actually work?

Thanks for the info, Scooter!

We've been out of the country for a month and the lack of riding is about to drive me crazy. Can't wait to get home next week and ride both of the ones in my garage = my favorite colors.

"Red is grey, and yellow white

But we decide which is right, and which is an illusion." ~ Moody Blues

The color doesn't do much for me but it wouldn't stop me from buying if I really wanted a new FJR.

I've had too many gray vehicles. It's almost a default choice when you can't decide on a color.

I'm on board with Bogus. If I had not purchased my 14ES in Dec 2013, I would run to the dealer with great alacrity to get a candy red one before they are gone. When you guys get the Graphite Grey 2015 you will be asked at every stop, "how do you like your BMW"? You can get the small BMW badge that fits nicely where the round tuning fork badge is on the gas tank.