2015 FJR1300 Information Released!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing about these more sedate and reserved gray colors...I have a feeling they will appeal to the Beemer crowd more than the bass bote color years do.

That could be a good or a bad thing depending on you point of view.
wink.png
You usually are spot-on, but I do not believe they care what color it is or even will be. This past summer at the MOA Nationals in St. Paul, I met up with a few FJR riders with some really great conversation. I tried to "fluff up" the FJR as to what a great bargain it is for the money to some of the old timers standing by. Frankly, the natives could care less. I did of course, but I'm not normal in the BMW crowd either. Those Beemer dudes (the majority) are in it for life. Dedicated and committed beyond belief, I can only compare it to the Hardley dedicated lovers and I really don't wanna go there!.

I'm not brand dedicated, I go with what is best for me and my style, heck, I may be on (the fastest) Indian next!? :)

20140724_195525_zpsf47c3bdd.jpg

I absolutely love the look of the graphite with black trim and wheels. The combo just works for me.

Then add a dark tint shield and black exhaust as Redfish suggested. Throw in a color matched smuggler and a RDL. Perfect!

Now if I just I had some extra disposable $$$,

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^^^ Yeah, this metallic Stealth Fighter grey color's got my blood pumping. Maybe it's proper name is Badass Grey?

Redfish Hunter, my dealer says he will have one on the showroom floor next week. Don't know what to tell you, man, except call D&H and have a chat. I will do that, too, if only to calculate the "compromise a bit on price" variable in your list of things to consider.

Excellent list, by the way.

I just remember all the excitement once the Red was announced last year, it was really cool to see how excited (most) were and have them announce or commit to a new model.
I just don't see it with this, not even anything close.
Other than the 121 and counting posts in less than 2 days
rolleyes.gif

As post #124, I agree this is a lot of noise over the 2015 release but it appears there is not an abundance of positive remarks on the BMW colour. I predict this will be the Pinto of Yamaha colours!!.

As post #124, I agree this is a lot of noise over the 2015 release but it appears there is not an abundance of positive remarks on the BMW colour. I predict this will be the Pinto of Yamaha colours!!.
Well, some people like the red and some people like the other colors. Don't be crappin' on a fellow Forum member's wet dream now...wait till after they spend the money...

BTW, unless yer name is mcatrophy, ya spelled color wrong.
biggrin.png

Mrs. Redfish and I were just comparing the '14 and '15 colors. I was dumb enough to ask her opinion even though she will never, ever ride the thing.

She said, "Well the red one is very pretty. I think red attracts a lot of attention though. You would probably be better off with the dark gray one, the cops won't notice it as much."

Even after 114 years of marriage, she still surprises me.

When I made it to my first organized FJR ride for CFO at Lacrosse WI, I was riding my new 08AE in the Graphite gray. I was overwhelmed with all the positive comments I received about the color and even received a few requests to exchange plastics. The color looked great on the 08, 09 AEs but is spectacular looking on the 2015. I like the color so much that my last F150 and my Tundra are the same color.

Mrs. Redfish and I were just comparing the '14 and '15 colors. I was dumb enough to ask her opinion even though she will never, ever ride the thing.
She said, "Well the red one is very pretty. I think red attracts a lot of attention though. You would probably be better off with the dark gray one, the cops won't notice it as much."

Even after 114 years of marriage, she still surprises me.
114 years!
fool.gif

Glad I bought the red one in August or I would be faced with a difficult conundrum of Candy Red or Liquid Graphite.

Can't "un-post" the post, so I'll just delete the words.

I have been waiting for 3 years for Yamaha to put the inverted fork on the A model, probably is not going to happen next year either. If anyone wants to trade the new color for red let me know.
Looks like you need to keep waiting for standard inverted forks '007. My lame-brain idea is looking better all the time, eh?

--G
Actually, your lame-brain idea would probably cost a lot less than upgrading my 13A to a 15A....the question is.....will it actually work?
It'll cost much less and of course it will work fine. Might even be able to shave a couple hundred off now...

Liking the '15 color...might be trouble after the Seattle show!

--G

Here on the North side of the border, the base model is now black instead of Root Beer.

The ES is now "Dark Metallic Gray" (kind of sounds and looks like the southern "Liquid Graphite") instead of black, and looses the silver "checkmark" accent on the front side fairing.

As in the past years, the Canadian web side shows contradictions in the text and pictures, where the base model picture shows it grey, the available color icon show it black and the tech spec says it's available in both colors.

Same confusion as the 2013 and 2014, where the side cases were delivered with the bike, not shown on the pictures and mentionned but not explicitely included in the Feature Spec.

https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/details.php?model=4567&group=MC&catId=79#fb

...Ben...

That is clearly an "A". Assume the ES is the same color?
Well, at least it won't show the dirt.
rolleyes.gif

Too plain of a color for me (did you ever see a bass bote painted gray?)
Do you really think a transport craft for water is spelled "bote" or is this supposed to be cute?

Bote...You've never seen a bote before? Seriously, where do we find these people. I bet you've never dated wimmens either. Sad, very sad.

Agreed..Coitus Interruptus. Had my check book poised for a 2012 style blue w silver wheels to reappear.....It's back in the holster Yamaha. Looks like Yamaha Canada is listing both "metallic black" and " dark metallic gray" for 2015. Last year the Canadian ES was black, non-ES was root beer. Some improvements at least.

I can't believe I'm contributing to all this hen-pecking about colours (yes, with a "U"), but here goes. While I'm glad to have my '13 in pavement-camo grey and I couldn't imagine why anyone would want the root beer colour, I saw the root beer in person last weekend and it looks much better in person than in pictures. The metallic flake really sparkles in that paint. Still not trading though.

That is clearly an "A". Assume the ES is the same color?

Well, at least it won't show the dirt.
rolleyes.gif

Too plain of a color for me (did you ever see a bass bote painted gray?)
Do you really think a transport craft for water is spelled "bote" or is this supposed to be cute?
It's a (long running) joke, playing off the idea the mostly red necks have bass botes and that they are notoriously gud spelers.

But of course you'll also need a sense of humor to "get it."

I am thinking that the '15 will come standard with the saddlebags since the pics Skooter posted have the cases. If that is not the case, I may be holding on to my Honda or checking into a '14.
I sure hope it looks better in person because my local dealership is checking to see when they can order a '15 ES for me. Provided the side cases are still included.

Edit: The Features section of the website says the bike comes with "standard accessory hardcases".
I just ordered a 2015 two days ago and checked with the dealer today. He claims the cases and the liners are included as always. We are not sure about the rubber flap in the rear fender, so I ordered that separately for 10 bucks. It's already here since it was a local item.

Doubt that your 2015 will be missing the flapper. None of the 2014's were reported as missing it. That was apparently an oversight just in 2013.

Doubt that your 2015 will be missing the flapper. None of the 2014's were reported as missing it. That was apparently an oversight just in 2013.
Could well be, since I had a 2013 and sold it awhile back. It did not have the flap until I installed one. Now maybe I will have a spare...