2016 SEOR Details

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Data, if you've the time, there's a great overlook at Ft Boreman outside of Parkersburg. Its about 20 mins or so south of Marietta.

Norm,
I'll see you Thurs. night, (The good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise.)

I'm in for Friday as well. I'll try to keep up.
You probably won't have any trouble keeping up. I run a pace through the twisties, but don't go flat out on the straights, so slower riders can more easily keep up. Routes avoid towns, traffic, traffic lights. We collect at turns, which is easier on roads with no traffic. There will likely be some passing on double yellow as a last resort with slow traffic. Since this ride is on Fri, there won't be much traffic on the roads we are riding. If you are in the BT intercom chain, you will get safe advice about oncoming traffic, hazards, etc. There probably will be at least one run up to 100 mph in a deserted stretch of smooth straight road where there is an absolute minimum of risk. Always ride a pace that is safe for you. We will sort, faster riders at the front, slower in the back.

This is a lengthy, technical route- about 260 mi total. We need to arrive at Hillbilly Hotdogs before noon (156 mi), so there will only be one P-stop in the morning. After lunch, we'll stop at Pt Pleasant to gas up, then there's more fun stuff till we hit I77 near Ravenswood. From there you can either shoot up I77 or continue a short distance and ride part of the morning route in reverse to get back. Experience says most will be ready for I77.

It's guaranteed to be a fun day, with lots of variety, and everyone will be riding some (or a lot of) roads they have never been on before.

Norm Kern

Last edited by a moderator:
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Bungie" data-cid="1309625" data-time="1462997644"><p>

How is it I've been to Marietta about 20 times and I only just now learned theirs a Tim Hortons there! This changes everything!<br />

<br />

<a href='https://goo.gl/maps/y4Wb45x2nMT2'>https://goo.gl/maps/y4Wb45x2nMT2</a></p></blockquote>

Forget about T Hoes...there's a little coffee shop on into town called Stoked....it puts them to shame.

All Y'all are just a bunch of goof balls! For those who who arive tomorrow instead of whimping out and staying home, I will see you tomorrow evening. At which time, we can figure out groups for riding, get dinner, drink and bullshit as usual!

bike.gif

Guess I'll just have to wait for all the weenie eaters to get back from their ride to the hot dog stand...see y'all at the hotel, sometime later in the afternoon.
You might want to check that code on your new 16....it might be your Hot Dog low level light.Maybe you better join us.
Denny, it's looking like I might have to wait for the dealer to open on Friday morning (9:00am) to get the bike in to have the code cleared. So there's no way that I could be down there early enough to meet you guys. Enjoy the hot dogs.
Geez Joe - just put some of that special black tape over the light that fixes ALL error codes
rolleyes.gif

Guess I'll just have to wait for all the weenie eaters to get back from their ride to the hot dog stand...see y'all at the hotel, sometime later in the afternoon.
You might want to check that code on your new 16....it might be your Hot Dog low level light.Maybe you better join us.
Denny, it's looking like I might have to wait for the dealer to open on Friday morning (9:00am) to get the bike in to have the code cleared. So there's no way that I could be down there early enough to meet you guys. Enjoy the hot dogs.
Geez Joe - just put some of that special black tape over the light that fixes ALL error codes:rolleyes:
I might just do that Griff

I reinstalled the Kenwood 3101 GMRS radio and will squak Ch15. It's been a while. The last time I knew people that actually talk to each other was CA.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Bungie" data-cid="1309625" data-time="1462997644"><p>How is it I've been to Marietta about 20 times and I only just now learned theirs a Tim Hortons there! This changes everything!<br />

<br />

<a href='https://goo.gl/maps/y4Wb45x2nMT2'>https://goo.gl/maps/y4Wb45x2nMT2</a></p></blockquote>

Forget about T Hoes...there's a little coffee shop on into town called Stoked....it puts them to shame.
I think you're saying we can walk there from the hotel........ IN.

I'm out for Friday. My daughter has pneumonia and can't go to school.

If it works out, I'll be at the hotel by 8:00 Saturday morning.