2016 SEOR Details

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed most of the riding at EOM due to rain on Friday, and a mighty mighty hangover on Saturday. I'm coming, and I'm riding. Rain or shine.

Riding in rain is a WHOLE lot better than what I am dealing with here. I have never looked forward to a Friday the thirteenth this much!

Here we go...a little rain in the forecast, and we got folks bailing already.
Hey, if people don't wanna ride in the rain...I have no problem with it. I'm making the trip, so is griff.
The Carolina Express leaves early Thursday...
I remember the SEO a few years back, called for rain on Sunday. EVERYBODY, and I mean EVERYBODY bailed out on Saturday. The only ppl left at the hotel were Canadians. JohnD, Moosehead, the Mooselets and me.

Granted, it rained like an SOB all day, non-stop. But we still had a great ride anyway!

Now that being said, if they call for more than a little rain for both days. I'm out. Been there, done that, money's tight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Norm, is most of this route on the WV side of the river?I might be interested in joining you.
This route is ALL on the WV side of the river. We start by crossing the I77 bridge to WV and the fun begins right away..

To those who ask about a GPX file, I will provide it to those who ride with me on Fri. I will have my netbook with me at the hotel Thur nite and at breakfast on Fri morn.

Norm Kern

Yep, the Weather Weenies miss out on a lot of good riding over time. Last year I attended about a dozen MSTA rides/rallies, mostly 4 day weekends. About half of them had some rain predicted. There was only one day at one rally I didn't ride. (At Lewisburg, WV, end of Sept.)

Last weekend went to Staunton, WV for a MSTA event. Rain predicted every day. The reality was light rain 1st 50 mi on the way over on Thur, PC the rest of way exc a bit of rain the last 20 mi. Fri morn, some fog, the PC the rest of the day. Sat morn a bit of fog & mist, then dry & overcast rest of the day. Sun morn, radar looked like we would get soaked for the first 200 mi going home. Had light rain for 50 mi, dried out, became PC for the last 300 mi. Over 1300 mi of great riding that weekend, but of course we could have been Weather Weenies and stayed home.

Don't sit home looking at the weather reports and miss your riding season!

Norm Kern

Trevor and I will be there rain or shine. The weather doesn't look great, but not all that bad either. Friday and Sunday should be fine, no issues other than a light morning rain on Friday. Saturday, the forecast is calling for a 70% chance of rain. It isn't going to be a frog strangler or anything. We can still ride and drink beer when we're done. Listen to Norm. He knows of which he speaks. See you all there!

My leg continues to improve. I can push on it just a little now. My walking stride is almost normal.

Mikep1300 and I are leaving Louisiana Friday. Our plan is to meet Bob and his brothers at Watoga State Park Sunday evening. That means I'll miss SEOR in its entirety, but if anybody is up for a continuation of the fun, that's where we will be.

I'm glad I didn't push it and leave today. 3 more days rest is going to make a big difference. Having Mike with me is also re-assuring.

This morning, wifey made me chuckle:

(Wifey) "On the one hand, I'm worried about your leg if you go. On the other, I'm worried about my sanity if you stay!"

(Pants) "Ease your mind, Mama. I'm going...."

Hey, if people don't wanna ride in the rain...I have no problem with it. I'm making the trip, so is griff.
The Carolina Express leaves early Thursday...
I remember the SEO a few years back, called for rain on Sunday. EVERYBODY, and I mean EVERYBODY bailed out on Saturday. The only ppl left at the hotel were Canadians. JohnD, Moosehead, the Mooselets and me.

Granted, it rained like an SOB all day, non-stop. But we still had a great ride anyway!

Now that being said, if they call for more than a little rain for both days. I'm out. Been there, done that, money's tight.
Griff and I rode SE Ohio...then we relocated to southern Indiana, where it was dry and the roads tasty.

Norm, is most of this route on the WV side of the river?I might be interested in joining you.
This route is ALL on the WV side of the river. We start by crossing the I77 bridge to WV and the fun begins right away..

To those who ask about a GPX file, I will provide it to those who ride with me on Fri. I will have my netbook with me at the hotel Thur nite and at breakfast on Fri morn.

Norm Kern
I'm in.

Guess I'll just have to wait for all the weenie eaters to get back from their ride to the hot dog stand...see y'all at the hotel, sometime later in the afternoon.

And don't forget to tip this girl...so she sings the weenie song.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I'll just have to wait for all the weenie eaters to get back from their ride to the hot dog stand...see y'all at the hotel, sometime later in the afternoon.
You might want to check that code on your new 16....it might be your Hot Dog low level light.Maybe you better join us.

You might want to check that code on your new 16....it might be your Hot Dog low level light.Maybe you better join us.
Denny, it's looking like I might have to wait for the dealer to open on Friday morning (9:00am) to get the bike in to have the code cleared. So there's no way that I could be down there early enough to meet you guys. Enjoy the hot dogs.

Denny, it's looking like I might have to wait for the dealer to open on Friday morning (9:00am) to get the bike in to have the code cleared. So there's no way that I could be down there early enough to meet you guys. Enjoy the hot dogs.
Come on Joe, Can we persuade you to come earlier with some shine?

Looks like I will get a good performance test on this new Klim's waterproof claim this weekend. It also looks like the payout will be the ride out Sunday and subsequent riding days in WV.

I'm expecting my Klim badlands jacket in the mail today. Looks like I will be putting it through it paces as well.
BTW I have already made the call. I am not leaving until Friday morning. Thanks for the offer, though. Josh will be relieved to know his bed is safe for now.
mda.gif

I'm expecting my Klim badlands jacket in the mail today. Looks like I will be putting it through it paces as well.
BTW I have already made the call. I am not leaving until Friday morning. Thanks for the offer, though. Josh will be relieved to know his bed is safe for now. :mda:
^^^

That's good to hear. I was fretting over how to bring the nuclear/biohazard suit.

I figured it could double as a rain suit for some of the crybabies whining about getting wet if it rains!!⛈☁️⚡