3rd Gen Windshield Tuning

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not 3rd gen, but 2nd. I have a 2006, came with the VStream installed and the stock screen. Around town I LOVE the stock screen. I get weird buffeting with the VStream when full up, and not the comfortable amount of airflow at full down as I do with the stock screen. With a pillion, the stock screen in any position is unmanageable. With a pillion on a VStream, full upright is unmanagable, and high speed is weird.

Would like to look into the spacer idea. Or the laminar lip. But have no idea how to proceed. I'm 6'2" with a 32-34 inseam and pretty slouchy. Would be willing to try the laminar lip on all the applications if it would help me find the perfect solution. But, honestly, the more I read into this, the less the perfect solution seems actually attainable.

I had a DL650 that would want to rattle your head loose until I put spacers in. The FJR is worse with buffeting at my height than the VStrom was with stock shields.

Total disclosure, I believe this is required. 6'2", 34" inseam, Corbin seat and normal tried in Short and Tall settings, bar risers and modified triple tree. Nothing seems perfct, but the stock screen at city speed does. Nothing beyond city speeds does. I haven't found anything within the 65-75mph range that works. And would love to.

Nice tip guys will definitely look into doing this mod on mine. I can get a lot of turbulence on my Gen3 and if I have a pillion they get buffered severely. Thank you gents!