• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

4" HID Auxilliary lights - Group Buy ~ShangLight Express -Order Placed~

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RenoJohn

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]Potential Group Buy[/SIZE]

4" HID Aux Lights ...compatible with Alex's mounts.

14.jpg

Like many, I'm very impressed with what Alex has done in his design/fabrication for these HID lights. Info Here Clicky

These lights are available at many auto-part stores etc for around 230bucks per pair + tax etc etc.

I went to the manufacturer and may be buying some of these in bulk, direct from China. Probably between a half dozen and a dozen pair.

If I move forward,

+ I'll be selling these for 175.oo per PAIR. This is aprox 50bucks less than what you'd pay in the stores.

+ I will give Alex the names' of folks who have paid for the lights, and he will ship the lights out with brackets that you purchase directly from him. That is the most efficient way for us all to save on shipping costs.

At this stage, here is what I'm doing:

+ Seeing if there is interest here. If there is, I'll be wiring funds to Shanghai in the next day(s) for an order, if not, this won't happen.

If you want a pair of these lights, contact me directly and let me know. I will post your name on this thread, I will tell you how to pay me. When payment is received, it will be posted here as well and Alex will know to send lights with his mounting brackets.

**This is not going to be high drama, so don't expect it or instigate it.

**I don't personally know shit about these lights other than they're cheap and from China and if we do this, *I* feel it's a good deal and worth checking them out. Folks that have used them have given good reviews.

Please don't ask me about these lights or turn this thread into a tangent of opinions ...start your own thread to do that.

**This thread is solely to gauge interest, and should the direct buy go forward, to track payments received.

**I'm not making dick off this, it is a service to those who want to try these lights and save a few bucks in doing so.

My role is: Wiring the money to the manuf, and I'm having the swag shipped direct to Alex who will ship to you with the brackets. I'm counting who's "in" and tracking payment ...don't expect any ass-kissing customer service, you're "in" if you want -and it's that simple.

**First come, First serve and payment expected promptly.

So, if you want a pair, email me direct: renojohn2007 @ goraiders.org Provide your real name and forum handle

if this moves forward your name will be posted here, and when payment is rec'd it'll be marked accordingly here. I'll give updates as to the status of the order. They should reach Alex in under two weeks.

Afternoon'ish Tuesday (March23) I'll count heads and make a decision to move forward or not.

==========================

EDIT 03/23 Noon:

The ShangLight Express is leaving the station and these are the folks who got on board:

RenoJohn (John) PAID

Neihart (Dave) PAID

ShinyPartsUp (Michael) PAID

ShinyPartsUp (Michael) -yes a 2nd pair PAID

AuburnFJR (Bryan) PAID

fljab (Jim) PAID

Willie (Bill) PAID

Mattster31 (Matt) PAID

==================

The shipping charges from China to Alex are being finalized to the penny and as soon as that happens I'll be wiring the full funds to China.

This afternoon I will send members of the ShangLight Express an email on method of payment options to yours truly. When payment is received, your name here will be marked as such.

A reminder that the order will go from China to Alex, and he will ship them out with the brackets that you have purchased directly from him.

This has been good natured and drama free so far ....and we covered good ground in just a few hours .....let's hope it all continues to go smooth. I'll update the ShangLight members as necessary -including the status of the shipment as best we can track it. I expect these to be to Alex in less than two weeks ...no promises, let's keep our fingers crossed.

...john

==================

update 03/23 19:50

Well less than 24hours from the announcement, we got 8 pairs (16lights) ordered. The money for all lights plus shipping etc has been wired to Shanghai, well at least the transfer has been initiated, ...my first for doing an international wire transfer and it was a bit of a learning experience. Because of time variances etc it can take a day or so for them to be in receipt of the funds and I will get an acknowledgment from my bank when that happens.

Also, payment has already been received from 6 of the 8 orders and that is totally awesome and I sure appreciate it. I'm sure the other two payments will be coming soon.

So, less than 24hours into this I think we did pretty darn good. Now time to relax and attempt to be patient.

Huge thanks to Alex, --it makes total sense for the lights to go directly to him as a bulk shipment, but also a PIA for him ....so let's be sure to thank him, this would not have worked out nearly as well or efficiently without his offering to accept the bulk shipment and then ship them out with his brackets. !!THANKS ALEX!!

==================

update 03/25 23:30

I just received an email from our Shanghai friends and they are in receipt of our funds. Seems it takes a day from when my bank said the transfer was complete. They have promised a tracking # on Monday. So, me guesses that is good news and hopefully more info come Monday'ish.

==================

update 04/01 20:25

According to DHL, our lights have left Hong Kong and are on their way to Alex. This happened a day or so later than I had hoped, but I believe it is good news that they are now in the shipper's hands and heading for USA.

Not sure of the time-frame, but will keep everyone up to date as much as possible.

A few reminders:

++ I believe everyone is aware, but just in case: These lights go with the custom brackets that alex is making for us (thread here). If you have not bought the brackets from Alex, you need to do that.

++ Everyone on this buy has paid for the lights in full (thanks much), Alex will ship these out with his brackets. Obviously his shipping costs will go up a bit so please be pro-active in working with him. You'll recall that having all the lights shipped in bulk to Alex was a huge efficiency that helped everyone -and again thanks owed to Alex.

So, we're a bit closer, ....It'll be fun to see how these cheap China lights do ...I for one am anxious to find out!!

===================

update 04/03 17:25

The Shanghai lights hit Cincinatti OH and cleared customs late Wednesday night. They are now in the USA making their way toward the home of the grand bracket maker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon'ish Tuesday (March23) I'll count heads and make a decision to move forward or not. [/b]
I know you're in a hurry and all, but I would give peeps at least a week to see this and digest.

And good on ya!

That $175 is such a good deal I am almost tempted!

We've got 5pair spoken for from forum members. So, we'll go forward with this. I'll keep the window for new orders open until aprox noon (Reno time) today. That's about 4hours from this post.

At that point I'll wire the money to Shanghai and get this started. I'll also let the folks involved here know how to pay me. As well as put your names here on this thread -and mark you paid as funds come in ...that way Alex knows who to send lights out to when he sends his brackets.

So, the ShangLight Express is about to pull out, ....are you on board?

So, if you want a pair, email me direct: renojohn2007 @ goraiders.org Provide your real name and forum handle
if this moves forward your name will be posted here, and when payment is rec'd it'll be marked accordingly here. I'll give updates as to the status of the order. They should reach Alex in under two weeks.

Afternoon'ish Tuesday (March23) I'll count heads and make a decision to move forward or not. [/b]

I'm in, sending you an email.

John, were you able to reserve a spot for Willie? I let him know of this purchase. He will hopefully chime soon.

Thanks!

John, were you able to reserve a spot for Willie? I let him know of this purchase. He will hopefully chime soon.
"Willie" does not sound familiar, here is the list of where we're at with 3.5hours until the Shanglight express leaves the station:

Pairs of lights spoken for:

RenoJohn (John)

Neihart (Dave)

ShinyPartsUp (Michael)

ShinyPartsUp (Michael) -yes a 2nd pair

AuburnFJR (Bryan)

fljab (Jim)

[SIZE=14pt]Potential Group Buy[/SIZE] 

4" HID Aux Lights ...compatible with Alex's mounts.

14.jpg

Like many, I'm very impressed with what Alex has done in his design/fabrication for these HID lights. Info Here Clicky

These lights are available at many auto-part stores etc for around 230bucks per pair + tax etc etc.

I went to the manufacturer and may be buying some of these in bulk, direct from China. Probably between a half dozen and a dozen pair.

If I move forward,

+ I'll be selling these for 175.oo per PAIR. This is aprox 50bucks less than what you'd pay in the stores.

+ I will give Alex the names' of folks who have paid for the lights, and he will ship the lights out with brackets that you purchase directly from him. That is the most efficient way for us all to save on shipping costs.

At this stage, here is what I'm doing:

+ Seeing if there is interest here. If there is, I'll be wiring funds to Shanghai in the next day(s) for an order, if not, this won't happen.

If you want a pair of these lights, contact me directly and let me know. I will post your name on this thread, I will tell you how to pay me. When payment is received, it will be posted here as well and Alex will know to send lights with his mounting brackets.

**This is not going to be high drama, so don't expect it or instigate it.

**I don't personally know shit about these lights other than they're cheap and from China and if we do this, *I* feel it's a good deal and worth checking them out. Folks that have used them have given good reviews.

Please don't ask me about these lights or turn this thread into a tangent of opinions ...start your own thread to do that.

**This thread is solely to gauge interest, and should the direct buy go forward, to track payments received.

**I'm not making dick off this, it is a service to those who want to try these lights and save a few bucks in doing so.

My role is: Wiring the money to the manuf, and I'm having the swag shipped direct to Alex who will ship to you with the brackets. I'm counting who's "in" and tracking payment ...don't expect any ass-kissing customer service, you're "in" if you want -and it's that simple.

**First come, First serve and payment expected promptly.

Afternoon'ish Tuesday (March23) I'll count heads and make a decision to move forward or not.

You got Mail

The ShangLight Express is leaving the station and these are the folks who got on board:

RenoJohn (John) PAID

Neihart (Dave) PAID

ShinyPartsUp (Michael) PAID

ShinyPartsUp (Michael) -yes a 2nd pair PAID

AuburnFJR (Bryan) PAID

fljab (Jim) PAID

Willie (Bill) PAID

Mattster31 (Matt) PAID

==================

The shipping charges from China to Alex are being finalized to the penny and as soon as that happens I'll be wiring the full funds to China.

This afternoon I will send members of the ShangLight Express an email on method of payment options to yours truly. When payment is received, your name here will be marked as such.

A reminder that the order will go from China to Alex, and he will ship them out with the brackets that you have purchased directly from him.

This has been good natured and drama free so far ....and we covered good ground in just a few hours .....let's hope it all continues to go smooth. I'll update the ShangLight members as necessary -including the status of the shipment as best we can track it. I expect these to be to Alex in less than two weeks ...no promises, let's keep our fingers crossed.

...john

RenoJohn (John) PAID

Neihart (Dave)

ShinyPartsUp (Michael)

ShinyPartsUp (Michael) -yes a 2nd pair

AuburnFJR (Bryan)

fljab (Jim)

Willie (Bill)

Mattster31 (Matt) PAYPAL sent (gift)

==================

...john
Thank you John!!

I snoozed...I loosed

Congrats to those that saw this in a timely manner.

Sportster.

update 03/23 19:50

Well less than 24hours from the announcement, we got 8 pairs (16lights) ordered. The money for all lights plus shipping etc has been wired to Shanghai, well at least the transfer has been initiated, ...my first for doing an international wire transfer and it was a bit of a learning experience. Because of time variances etc it can take a day or so for them to be in receipt of the funds and I will get an acknowledgment from my bank when that happens.

Also, payment has already been received from 6 of the 8 orders and that is totally awesome and I sure appreciate it. I'm sure the other two payments will be coming soon.

So, less than 24hours into this I think we did pretty darn good. Now time to relax and attempt to be patient.

Huge thanks to Alex, --it makes total sense for the lights to go directly to him as a bulk shipment, but also a PIA for him ....so let's be sure to thank him, this would not have worked out nearly as well or efficiently without his offering to accept the bulk shipment and then ship them out with his brackets. !!THANKS ALEX!!

I can get these light for $100 a pair but ya gotta order within the next 10 seconds...

edit: Offer over. Unfortunately no-one was able to take advantage of it! :rolleyes:

How do these compare to a pair of Soltek's for example?
I think for many of us, that is the question we want answered. there are a few folks running these cheap china lights, and the reviews seem decent ...I don't know if anyone has put a head-to-head against the Soltek HID ..and I believe there are many of us with the same question as you. Perhaps soon we'll have the answer.