• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

4" HID Auxilliary lights - Group Buy ~ShangLight Express -Order Placed~

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rumor has it these chinese knock-offs are in the 6000k range. And anybody around here who has read just a little recently knows I am a bling-bling blue light hater. If it weren't for the blue color temp bulbs, I would have been all over this. I'll be eagerly looking for validation of some sort from you peeps on the color/temp of the light.

Solteks are 4300k and much more to my preference.

You all need to get Smitty on the line. I *believe* he had Solteks before, and is now running these knock-offs. He may have some insight as to one vs. the other.

Rumor has it these chinese knock-offs are in the 6000k range. And anybody around here who has read just a little recently knows I am a bling-bling blue light hater. If it weren't for the blue color temp bulbs, I would have been all over this. I'll be eagerly looking for validation of some sort from you peeps on the color/temp of the light.
Solteks are 4300k and much more to my preference.

You all need to get Smitty on the line. I *believe* he had Solteks before, and is now running these knock-offs. He may have some insight as to one vs. the other.
Skootie, that is good info. I sure would be curious to hear Smitty's take on these vs the Solteks.

Yes, it will be fun to see, and I very much hope a side-2-side comparison with the Solteks will happen soon. It seems that a handful plus of us guys will be running these things and perhaps that will give some good feedback +/- for others.

UPDATE: I just received an email from our Shanghai friends and they are in receipt of our funds. Seems it takes a day from when my bank said the transfer was complete. They have promised a tracking # on Monday. So, me guesses that is good news and hopefully more info come Monday'ish.

Thanks for the update John. As for the color, I knew that going in. But getting these lights here in deer heaven at a price I can afford, versus having none because I can't afford the pricier units was a no-brainer for me.

According to DHL, our lights have left Hong Kong and are on their way to Alex. This happened a day or so later than I had hoped, but I believe it is good news that they are now in the shipper's hands and heading for USA.

Not sure of the time-frame, but will keep everyone up to date as much as possible.

A few reminders:

++ I believe everyone is aware, but just in case: These lights go with the custom brackets that alex is making for us (thread here). If you have not bought the brackets from Alex, you need to do that.

++ Everyone on this buy has paid for the lights in full (thanks much), Alex will ship these out with his brackets. Obviously his shipping costs will go up a bit so please be pro-active in working with him. You'll recall that having all the lights shipped in bulk to Alex was a huge efficiency that helped everyone -and again thanks owed to Alex.

So, we're a bit closer, ....It'll be fun to see how these cheap China lights do ...I for one am anxious to find out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
According to DHL, our lights have left Hong Kong and are on their way to Alex. This happened a day or so later than I had hoped, but I believe it is good news that they are now in the shipper's hands and heading for USA.
Not sure of the time-frame, but will keep everyone up to date as much as possible.

A few reminders:

++ I believe everyone is aware, but just in case: These lights go with the custom brackets that alex is making for us (thread here). If you have not bought the brackets from Alex, you need to do that.

++ Everyone on this buy has paid for the lights in full (thanks much), Alex will ship these out with his brackets. Obviously his shipping costs will go up a bit so please be pro-active in working with him. You'll recall that having all the lights shipped in bulk to Alex was a huge efficiency that helped everyone -and again thanks owed to Alex.

So, we're a bit closer, ....It'll be fun to see how these cheap China lights do ...I for one am anxious to find out!!
This wouldn't be an April Fool's joke, now would it? Hmmmm?

Hope not :clapping:

This wouldn't be an April Fool's joke, now would it? Hmmmm?

Hope not :clapping:
LOL, nope, it's not.

DHL even says they got the boxes

-while we don't have these in-hand yet, I feel a bit of relief knowing that at least they've shipped.

Hello everyone!

I've slightly modified the mounting bracket to allow more clearance between our screens. These new parts will be finished and powder coated the end of next week. I also have finally received in all the stainless hardware for the mounting and adjustments.

Here are a few pictures of the install on my 07.

836s.jpg

Large version

837s.jpg

Large version

841s.jpg

Large version

All stainless hardware

842s.jpg

Large version

Nylon washer keeps scratching down to a minimum.

847s.jpg

Large version

Hopefully I have contacted everyone with instructions for payment. If not PM me or send me an email: [email protected] (remove the dashes)

Here is a list of those that are involved so far:

RenoJohn - Paid

ShinyPartsUP - Paid

AuburnFJR - Paid

Neihart - Paid

fljab - Paid

Mattster31 -Paid

Willie - Paid

Hopefully I have contacted everyone with instructions for payment. If not PM me or send me an email: [email protected] (remove the dashes)
Here is a list of those that are involved so far:

RenoJohn - Paid

ShinyPartsUP - Paid

AuburnFJR - Paid

Neihart -

fljab -

Mattster31 -

Willie - payment sent
Alex, I PM'd you but didn't get a response. I don't know what I need to send you for both the brackets and shipping. I'll both PM again, and email as I didn't have your e-address before.

Alex, I definitely want to order a set of your new modified brackets. However, I think I will wait until these recent orders of chinese lights come in. I want to see their color. If not too bad for my liking, I may order a set of the HIDs from you also. For such a cheap price, maybe I can live with some stupid bling-bling blue.

The Shanghai lights hit Cincinatti OH and cleared customs late Wednesday night. They are now in the USA making their way toward the home of the grand bracket maker.

Lights have arrived, or at least 12 of them :rolleyes: I will be keeping an eye out for the additional 4. USPS services are not what they were in the past. Yesterday they insisted that there was no such address and then today marked the packages with the notes that I had moved! Everything was correct on the package. It is beyond me why they would put customers through such hassle. I ended up picking them up at the post office.

If anyone would like me to change the trim rings to black I'm willing to do so. The cost will be $10 per pair. That price is for the time and expense of removing, stripping, and powder coated black, and reinstallation.

The mounts and brackets will be powder coated Thursday or Friday at the latest. I will also have them coat the rings at that time.

Just a few short days and your items will be in your hands!

Thanks for your patience!

Lights have arrived, or at least 12 of them :rolleyes: I will be keeping an eye out for the additional 4. USPS services are not what they were in the past. Yesterday they insisted that there was no such address and then today marked the packages with the notes that I had moved! Everything was correct on the package. It is beyond me why they would put customers through such hassle. I ended up picking them up at the post office.
If anyone would like me to change the trim rings to black I'm willing to do so. The cost will be $10 per pair. That price is for the time and expense of removing, stripping, and powder coated black, and reinstallation.

The mounts and brackets will be powder coated Thursday or Friday at the latest. I will also have them coat the rings at that time.

Just a few short days and your items will be in your hands!

Thanks for your patience!
Awesome news Alex. You're the grooviest guy on planet earth for being proactive with the USPS, Jeeze, to think we were concerned about sending money to China, about international shipments, about getting product through customs ......In the end the only hurdle is our own USPS. Freakin' amazing.

Please put me down for powdercoating ....and thanks much for this option, you're quite the over-achiever.

....john

I will take mine coated as well....................I will send you another Paypal gift tomorrow morning.

I will take mine coated as well....................I will send you another Paypal gift tomorrow morning.

I am concerned about those lights that are MIA. I would have thought they all came in one big box.

I am concerned about those lights that are MIA. I would have thought they all came in one big box.
No doubt that we'll all be happy when all lights are in-hand ...but at this point very little concern.

There were four boxes shipped from China, 4lights per box. They all made it to Cincinnati where they all got through customs. They were then all turned over from DHL to the USPS, and the USPS has delivered 3 of the 4 boxes. Per Alex's post above, they nearly screwed that up (Alex went to the PO and got them). We'll see when the 4th of four boxes gets delivered, but we're in contact with the USPS and tracking it, I'm certain it is just floating around on a mail-truck and got temporarily separated from the other 3.

I hope that eases your concern(?)

That does explain it. Thanks John..........and thanks again to Alex.....Hey, could I have my forum handle engraved onto the trim ring as well??? LOL...............can't wait to get these lights!!