• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

4" HID Auxilliary lights - Group Buy ~ShangLight Express -Order Placed~

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That does explain it. Thanks John..........and thanks again to Alex.....Hey, could I have my forum handle engraved onto the trim ring as well??? LOL...............can't wait to get these lights!!
I know you are joking, but I actually could! ;-)

But, sorry, no :)

Last edited by a moderator:
USPS delivered the remaining 4 lights yesterday afternoon, so all lights are now accounted for. I'll be powder coating brackets tonight as well as the rings that I finished up media blasting last night.

Hopefully all orders will ship tomorrow!

All orders have been mailed! The Powder coat on the trim rings turned out really cool and will look great on the blue and black bikes.

Should have used UPS instead of USPS. Our office only had 1 employee handling all the traffic during lunch. I ended up being "that guy" who comes in during lunch with a bazillion boxes to make everyone wait.

I was mailing out a bunch of other stuff and had unloaded the truck before finding out that postage was $20.90 (domestic) and $32.25 (international canada) for each box! I had already had Priority tape all over the boxes so I just ran them as promised. The site had said $14.95 but they were 2 inches too large for the premade box. I ended up cutting up various boxes and spending 1/2 of Saturday getting everything organized :wacko: This was my mistake and I'm the only one to blame! Ohh well, anything for my fellow pilots!

I have delivery confirmation for each one and will start emailing everyone now. Expect delivery by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.

I am currently installing HID low beams and wiring up the 4" lights. I will document the process of the 4" HID install for everyone to see. It is pretty straight forward with all the wire and fuses provided with each lamp. All you need to add is a switch and find a way to route the wiring through the dash panels.

Alex

All orders have been mailed! The Powder coat on the trim rings turned out really cool and will look great on the blue and black bikes.
Should have used UPS instead of USPS. Our office only had 1 employee handling all the traffic during lunch. I ended up being "that guy" who comes in during lunch with a bazillion boxes to make everyone wait.

I was mailing out a bunch of other stuff and had unloaded the truck before finding out that postage was $20.90 (domestic) and $32.25 (international canada) for each box! I had already had Priority tape all over the boxes so I just ran them as promised. The site had said $14.95 but they were 2 inches too large for the premade box. I ended up cutting up various boxes and spending 1/2 of Saturday getting everything organized :wacko: This was my mistake and I'm the only one to blame! Ohh well, anything for my fellow pilots!

I have delivery confirmation for each one and will start emailing everyone now. Expect delivery by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.

I am currently installing HID low beams and wiring up the 4" lights. I will document the process of the 4" HID install for everyone to see. It is pretty straight forward with all the wire and fuses provided with each lamp. All you need to add is a switch and find a way to route the wiring through the dash panels.

Alex

You the Man!!! :yahoo: :clapping:

WAY TO GO!!! Thanks Alex. Nice custom touch, and I appreciate it (glad I thought of it, lol).

Should have used UPS instead of USPS.postage was $20.90 (domestic) and $32.25 (international canada) for each box! This was my mistake and I'm the only one to blame! Ohh well, anything for my fellow pilots!
I personally am willing to make up the shortfall Alex, since it was an honest mistake and your labor has been consistently under-priced IMHO. Let me know how much my shipment is over the price you quoted me and I will paypal.

Outstanding!!!

I am currently installing HID low beams and wiring up the 4" lights. I will document the process of the 4" HID install for everyone to see.
I can't wait to see the writeup!

Thanks again for going through all the hassles while we sit back and relax! :clapping:

Alex
Great job to you Alex and RenoJohn on this little project. I have a set of HID Bi Lights sitting in my closet that I got from the place that Motorcycle Consumer News recommended and I just don't want to take apart the tupperware to install them. I am hoping these will much easier and assuming I only need to snake some wiring from the left to the right to the battery for now. Looking forward to seeing the new lights when they arrive.

Willie

I personally am willing to make up the shortfall Alex, since it was an honest mistake and your labor has been consistently under-priced IMHO. Let me know how much my shipment is over the price you quoted me and I will paypal.

Me too. You did all the work, you should not be shorted.

Wow, what grooviness!!

Ditto on making up any shortfall on the shipping ..please let me know.

Uhhhh, but I noticed you didn't say that the powder coated ring will look good on the fast bike ...the Cerulean Silver

**you were quite the over-achiever across the board Alex, your efforts are much appreciated and it's gunna be fun trying out these lights.

you da man Alex.................. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Paypal funds coming your way, as you should not be left short. The work you did was above and beyond!!!!!

Thanks again

This evening I went to the mailbox and guess what was there!! WOW, big thanks Alex, you certainly went to a lot of work, ...I just now fully took into account that you had to unpack each box, remove the ring, powder coat, then install ring and re-pack each box. All your extra work sure is appreciated.

I haven't had time to play with the lights or brackets, but did unpack and inspect and everything sure looks good in Reno.

John

This evening I went to the mailbox and guess what was there!! WOW, big thanks Alex, you certainly went to a lot of work, ...I just now fully took into account that you had to unpack each box, remove the ring, powder coat, then install ring and re-pack each box. All your extra work sure is appreciated.
I haven't had time to play with the lights or brackets, but did unpack and inspect and everything sure looks good in Reno.

John
That means I should get mine in foggy bottom, Oregon by Friday or Saturday. I can't wait! Any chance you could snap a picture of the lights and post it John?

Alex
THERE HERE THERE HERE and they look really kewl...Awesome job on the BRACKETS.!!!! Leaving my rings red should compliment my 2007 very nicely, however I would assume eventually the bugs will cover up the rings Great job Alex.. :yahoo:

Willie

Alex
OK now that the excitement has tamed down a bit with the new lights. I see there is a plastic cover, which appears to be a protective packing thing. Is this intended as a lens protector or packaging thing. If packaging any reason it could not be used for protecting the lens...inquiring minds would like to know ???

2186825870094472708S600x600Q85.jpg

Willie

Got mine too! They look great! Thanks RJ and Alex! :clapping: :yahoo:

EDIT: Pictures added

Showing the clearance between the VStream and the ALex brackets with HID's

IMG_8349.jpg

Mounted up

(about 1/4" gap between the bracket and the VStream)

IMG_8351.jpg

N-Line 2nd generation shelf showing the gap bwteen the shelf and the VStream and the HID's

IMG_8358.jpg

IMG_8357.jpg

OK now that the excitement has tamed down a bit with the new lights. I see there is a plastic cover, which appears to be a protective packing thing. Is this intended as a lens protector or packaging thing. If packaging any reason it could not be used for protecting the lens...inquiring minds would like to know ???
Willie
They are protective covers. The only downfall of using them is that they glow. The light is transferred through the material and into the 4 tabs shining in your direction. I'm going to tape off the round areas of the cover and paint the rest black.

Also make sure to rotate them 45 degrees to allow the bottom tab to completely snap in. If you look at the light you will know what I'm referring to.

you look at the light you will know what I'm refering to.

Willie
They are protective covers. The only downfall of using them is that they glow. The light is transferred through the material and into the 4 tabs shining in your direction. I'm going to tape off the round areas of the cover and paint the rest black.

Also make sure to rotate them 45 degrees to allow the bottom tab to completely snap in. If you look at the light you will know what I'm referring to.

you look at the light you will know what I'm refering to.
Thanks for the info...good idea on painting the tabs "I see a clear Door and I want to Paint it Black (RS 1966)"

Got my lights in Canada yesterday!!! Thanks to Alex and Renojohn for everything......

RJ

- thinking of the idea

- posting it up here

- ordering the lights

- taking care of the logistics of payment overseas

Alex

- accepting them at his place

- painting the rings (looks BAD man BAD!!!) in a good way

- making the brackets

- organizing the shipping

- packing them up. great job!!

- pissing everyone off at the USPS office on a Saturday..........nice :rolleyes:

I plugged one into my truck last night just to see how they worked. All I can say is I'm still seeing spots!! Son of a B____#$%# these things are BRIGHT with a capital B!!!!

I may not end up needing the brackets so if that happens I'll post them back up here. I'll get photo's out ASAP.

Thanks again guys!!!

Matt

Photo's of my lights precariously positioned atop the FZ1 mirror brackets. I just need to fab up a short piece of aluminum flat bar to push the lights out away from my shield. As you can see I've just used a piece of scrap to get a rough idea of what it will look like. As I said, I don't think I'll need the brackets as I can just mount the post through the flat bar. So what do you think of my mirrors??? 1989 FZR1000 mirrors upside down. Same idea as with the BMW's my view is between my leg and elbows, I get a full view behind me (and of the saddlebags a bit) without any vibration. Anyways...........time to get to work.

5aeb336e.jpg

a3977c36.jpg