90 Degree angled wheel valve stem

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok here it goes, I'm going to add my 4 cents because my 4 cent opinion is twice as valuable as any ones 2 cent opinion.

I suggest the OP walk into a Harley Davidson dealership, (that's right I said Harley Davidson) :eek: , and purchase valve stem extenders.

They are a simple fix to fill motorcycle tires.

They are 10 inch air fill tube that screws on your valve stem and allows the air filler person to easily fill his/her tire to the PSI desired without the use of profanity, if desired.

The cost is $10.

In my ever so humble opinion, this wallet busting device will make it easy for one to check tire pressure and can be utilized until the motorcycle rider decides to go with the aforementioned 87 or 90 degree valve stems.

BTW this device works on both My HD and my FJR...will wonders ever cease? :eek:
So, serious question, you've got a 10 inch tube attached to the valve flopping around all the time? Or do you zip-tie it to the rim or something?

I'm trying to form a mental picture of what you're describing, and it doesn't make much sense.

Ok here it goes, I'm going to add my 4 cents because my 4 cent opinion is twice as valuable as any ones 2 cent opinion.

I suggest the OP walk into a Harley Davidson dealership, (that's right I said Harley Davidson) :eek: , and purchase valve stem extenders.

They are 10 inch air fill tube that screws on your valve stem and allows the air filler person to easily fill his/her tire to the PSI desired without the use of profanity, if desired.

The cost is $10.

In my ever so humble opinion, this wallet busting device will make it easy for one to check tire pressure and can be utilized until the motorcycle rider decides to go with the aforementioned 87 or 90 degree valve stems.

So, serious question, you've got a 10 inch tube attached to the valve flopping around all the time? Or do you zip-tie it to the rim or something?

I'm trying to form a mental picture of what you're describing, and it doesn't make much sense.
I thought it was a typo and he meant one inch. I've never seen a bike with a 10 inch valve stem just flopping around. But you never know what those Harley dorks are gonna come up with next.

The cost is $10.

I think the tube just blends in with the fringe from their side bags. Who would notice it on a HD?

The problem with stock filler valves is getting a non-90 degree hose fitting on those damn things with fighting with the brake disks getting in the way. If you stick a one inch, much less than a 10 inch, extension on the valve stem, it would make it even harder to fill the damn tires!

Before I installed the 83 degree valves, I used a home made rig to fill the OEM valves. Took a 1/4"X4" steel pipe nipple, carefully hammered it into an arc and screwed a tire chuck onto one end and a quick disconnect plug onto the other. Once I crammed my paw between the disc and the wheel and removed the valve cap, filling it was easy. The Accutire motorcycle gauge was the easiest to use I found https://www.amazon.com/Accutire-MS-4710B-Motorcycle-Digital-Gauge/dp/B000YQQZCW

I just bught the Ariete Bridgeport 83 degree in black for $22.64 delivered. Go to ebay and search by this brand. the seller was asking $25 for black and I offered $20 and he counterede at $22.64 shipping included. That's $10 less than Bikeffect. If you like silver, you can get them for $15 on ebay.

That is a good point :lol:

I imagine that it is just screwed in temporarily until the tire is at the desired psi, then unscrewed.
With the shit that people do to their bikes, that's an assumption I'm not willing to make. :D
I went ahead and bought the Ariete Bridgeport 83 degree off ebay (in Blue just to be different) so I will have them when I put my next set of tires on. I got them for $17.50 shipped.

Guys, I have read this entire thread, and this talk of safety concerns got me thinking. 2 wheels on our bike is a safety concern. We need trike conversions.

Seriously. When do you ever hear of trikes low siding? How about stopping on uneven ground and risk of a fall over? Non existent with a trike. I think its something we should consider.

Just my $.02, but I'd be very careful with that stem. IIRC, Honda [Goldwing?] rims have a retainer to support / restrain / securely anchor the loose end of the stem.
i can confirm that, yes, they do have a retaining clip. it slides into a boss molded into the rim. if you lose the clip, you are pretty much assured you'll end up with a flat as the stem tries to straighten out while under way. i'd never put them of an FJR. stick with the solid ones earlier in the threat that don't have the rubber nipple at the base.

Guys, I have read this entire thread, and this talk of safety concerns got me thinking. 2 wheels on our bike is a safety concern. We need trike conversions.

Seriously. When do you ever hear of trikes low siding? How about stopping on uneven ground and risk of a fall over? Non existent with a trike. I think its something we should consider.
Yer right, they don't low side. They tumble, just like rolling a car. A buddy found out during a high speed evasive maneuver.

Yer right, they don't low side. They tumble, just like rolling a car. A buddy found out during a high speed evasive maneuver.
makes leaning into the corners pretty tricky as well. I read reviews of the Can-Am Spyder when it first came out. The tet riders nearly flipped the things because they were accustomed to leaning into corners at higher speeds.

If you think you're ready for a trike, just buy yourself a convertible.

'bout time for Spud to resumarize with all the new info presented. But first let me throw another option in the mix:

Enkei%20-%20Short%20-%20Seperated%20-%20Small.jpg

Kurvey Girl valve stems for only $7

These work great with my 84.5 degree head tire pressure gauge and my 82.5 degree tire chuck. :yahoo:

'bout time for Spud to resumarize with all the new info presented. But first let me throw another option in the mix:

Enkei%20-%20Short%20-%20Seperated%20-%20Small.jpg

Kurvey Girl valve stems for only $7

These work great with my 84.5 degree head tire pressure gauge and my 82.5 degree tire chuck. :yahoo:

Interesting website, I see they do
11.3mm%20AL%20Valve%20Stem%20-%20Replacement%20Seal_wm.jpg
for the aluminium valve stems as well (clicky) :rolleyes:

Don

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATED SUMMARY (by Request):

Original Summary:

1. OP concerned about safety, mocked, lambasted.

2. Consensus by the powers-that-be is purchase forum member's replacement stems.

3. Minor dispute over price/value of said stems.

4. Photo showing different stems now certified safety issue (confirmed

by the powers-that-be).

5. Salma's tits show up on schedule (by unexpected source).

OK--let's continue.

UPDATE:

6. Item 3 continues—Ebay vs. Forum vendor.

a. European contingency chimes in.

b. Harley rider chimes in.

c. Topic has lasted so long e-bayers now have product in hand.

7. Safety comes up again, trikes now part of the discussion

a. Traditional trikes are dangerous

b. 2 front one rear Can Am’s also dangerous

8. KurveyGirl.com (‘Motorcycle Stuff..Not Port!!!” official motto) $7 stems

a. safety of said stems not yet debated

b. site name should somehow bring us back to 5. above (Salma’s tits)

OK—let’s continue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next update.

a. Spud has to much time on his hands.

b. Spud needs to go for a ride or stare at Salma's tits more. :rolleyes:

C. :p :yahoo:

Return to topic.

UPDATED SUMMARY (by Request):

Original Summary:

1. OP concerned about safety, mocked, lambasted.

2. Consensus by the powers-that-be is purchase forum member's replacement stems.

3. Minor dispute over price/value of said stems.

4. Photo showing different stems now certified safety issue (confirmed

by the powers-that-be).

5. Salma's tits show up on schedule (by unexpected source).

OK--let's continue.

UPDATE:

6. Item 3 continues—Ebay vs. Forum vendor.

a. European contingency chimes in.

b. Harley rider chimes in.

c. Topic has lasted so long e-bayers now have product in hand.

7. Safety comes up again, trikes now part of the discussion

a. Traditional trikes are dangerous

b. 2 front one rear Can Am’s also dangerous

8. KurveyGirl.com (‘Motorcycle Stuff..Not Port!!!” official motto) $7 stems

a. safety of said stems not yet debated

b. site name should somehow bring us back to 5. above (Salma’s tits)

OK—let’s continue.
:lol:

I wish spud would post up more...it would save me alot of time.

I've been using the Kurvygirl short metal stems for a couple of years, now, with no issues, other than needing new seals. I asked her specifically about replacement seals in the spring and her reply was that they were not available. The stems are cheap, so I got a new set. Link to the seal comes back 'product not found'.