9th Annual Moonshine Lunch Run 2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airboss

Reaction score
How far will you ride for a burger?

website should be up by 1 January 2013 info

https://moonshine-run.com/Moonshine/Default.asp

Riders from all over the USA and Canada show up.

Why not drop by and say Hi?
IMG_2621.JPG

Great venue for meeting like minded peoples, LD riders.

Exchange details of your riders, gleen knowledge from others tales.

Honest no BS allowed!

BS removal Tool

IMG_2403.JPG

Even the weather will cooperate, it will be Sunny or Raining or Sheeting, or Snowing or some combination thereof.

Hey, it's April it's Illinois, what can I say

And for all that hard work of getting to the flat lands of Illinois

The prize

IMG_6590_(1600x1184).jpg

Better be more than diet black cherry to get the CBA prez there..
rofl.gif

Will Trickle be there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone do the Moonshine Lunch SS1000 last year? What day and time did you leave? I'd like to try it this year, but I wanted to minimize my nightime riding. That might be difficult if you need to be done by 5:00pm.

There will be a SS1000 again in 2013. It will be announced on the web site which should be around the first part of Jan.

Working on routes now.

Last year I rode from Chicago to Council Bluffs to Casey for a burger. I had a great time, got my Ironbutt under my belt, met some great people and went on riding in the South Indiana, Kentucky hills for the rest of the weekend until it was time to go home to Chicago. I'd recommend it to all!!

This years Moonshine RTE registration is now open. https://moonshine-run.com/Moonshine/Default.asp

Terry Hammond, the founder of the RTE, always wondered why no one turned in an IBA ride on the way to
Casey, Illinois when attending the event.
Terry passed away in Nov. 2010.
Last year Curt Gran instituted the first Moonshine Lunch Run SaddleSore 1000 (MLRSS1K)
To honor Curt for his contribution and effort in setting this ride up, we are announcing this years ride as,

Moonshine Curt Gran Memorial SS1000 https://sites.google.com/site/mlrss1k/home

This would will be the easiest SS you have ever done! Paper work is very minimal:

No witness needed.
Date, time, mileage, location receipt
Mid point receipt
Finish in Casey, Il.
Check-in at the Days Inn
Receive your Certificate.

As a bonus, you get to eat the best hamburger anywhere with a thousand other people!

Rick Martin
Pontiac, IL

Rick, you're gonna make me ride another 1000 miles for that burger arn't ya.

I'm looking for a starting point, don't want to do the Casey to Canton, MS to Casey again.

Now iffin you was a nice person you would give me a route that started at the Mobil station off the 102 exit in Morton like we did for the Illinois in state.
rolleyes.gif

Booked 04/10 - 04/14 at the Greenup Inn in Greenup, IL. Got an extra bed if anyone wants to share.

Going down a day early for the SS1K.

Days Inn Casey Moonshine HQ Is booked up already. Dave at the Greenup Inn said I was the eighth call today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Booked 04/10 - 04/14 at the Greenup Inn in Greenup, IL. Got an extra bed if anyone wants to share.

Days Inn Casey Moonshine HQ Is booked up already. Dave at the Greenup Inn said I was the eighth call today.
I'm going to try and make this Karl. But I don't dare say that'll I take you up on that room share offer. It's all going to depend on if I can get my bike painted and put back together in time. Painting it myself, so I going real slow n careful like (in other words "procrastinating).

I'm going to try and make this Karl. But I don't dare say that'll I take you up on that room share offer. It's all going to depend on if I can get my bike painted and put back together in time. Painting it myself, so I going real slow n careful like (in other words "procrastinating).
Give me a shout when you're ready Mike.

Lodging near Moonshine books up in a hurry, There's always the bathtub ya know.
smile.png

I am really thinking of doing this ride just have to choose the route. Casey and back or Louisville to Casey. Would end up being about 1300 miles one way or the other. I may even stretch it out and turn in for a 1500 mile cetificate.

Scooper

I'm going! Hope to see a bunch of you FJR Pilots there! I'll be glad handing this year! This will be my 3rd! Hope it's better than last year...the weather blew in and caused a fuss! I'm going every year. At least that's the plan!

Ride safe!

I was hoping to make it this year. But who knows, maybe if the weather looks good that weekend, perhaps I might just drop by for the burger w/o the SS cert.

Excellent news RIck! Thanks for setting up the rides. Really looking forward to it.

Derek