A new Valkyrie

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's called marketing. I don't know that I want one but there are a lot more six cylinder Honda's on the road with far fewer issues than there will ever be from any of the competition.
smile.png
Having ridden a GL1800 for 111,000 miles, I think that 6-cylinder engine is a terrific powerplant and a great engine for a new cruiser -- just not one so funny lookin'
wink.png

Leave for awhile, come back and what do I see - beemerdon's posting again! He always made me laugh. Time to pour a nice single malt and get caught up.

Leave for awhile, come back and what do I see - beemerdon's posting again! He always made me laugh. Time to pour a nice single malt and get caught up.
I-20 E 789.49 miles

11 hrs 35 mins Dallas, Tejas to Silver City, Nuevo Mexico, ese!

Brother David, great to hear from you mi Amigo! We Southwesterners are really hoping you will come to SW-FOG 2014, an easy day ride ese!

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/154165-official-sw-fog-2014-announcement-529-thu-61-sun/ DF, all of the info is right here! JSNS!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's called marketing. I don't know that I want one but there are a lot more six cylinder Honda's on the road with far fewer issues than there will ever be from any of the competition.
smile.png
Exactly. If the one thing people complain about on the F6B is the lack of CC, it's a pretty good reflection on the rest of the bike. My '07 FJR could use CC as well, if only to counter the nasty buzzing that won't go away... C'mon Honda, let's see a 2014 ST!!!

IMHO, it's a good thing new/different bikes come to the market, to increase the chance everybody find the bike that most suit them. There are no ugly bike, only good or bad bike, and right or wrong bike for the ride and rider at hand. When I got my wee-strom in '04, there were lots of people dissing its unconventional look, a bike that I found to be a honest and dependable do-it-all little machine.

Anyway, if a bike can make a geezer leave the Town Car in the garage for a change or make a lad stop tuning a Civic, we're all better off for it.

OK, time to stop waxing poetic and put my PJ's on and drink a glass of milk.
biggrin.png

IMHO, it's a good thing new/different bikes come to the market, to increase the chance everybody find the bike that most suit them. There are no ugly bike, only good or bad bike, and right or wrong bike for the ride and rider at hand.
Agreed. I like the new Valkyrie. It's a very polarizing design and you'll either love it or hate it. Its new & different and not just another cookie cutter cruiser design.

People rag on HD because all their cruisers look the same (except for the Vrod) and then when someone makes a new style bike they rag on that as well. You can't win with some folks no matter what you do.

Basically people just like to complain and pile on because it's the easy thing to do.

smile.png
Exactly. If the one thing people complain about on the F6B is the lack of CC, it's a pretty good reflection on the rest of the bike. My '07 FJR could use CC as well, if only to counter the nasty buzzing that won't go away... C'mon Honda, let's see a 2014 ST!!!
Replying to my own post from a little over 3 years ago, I'm closing in on the purchase of a new F6B, probably 2016, but maybe 2015. And guess what, they now have CC! It will share the extra garage with my Feejer, for when I want the comfort of a Wing!

There are some super deals out there.

Check out www.sportcycles.com. The advertised price is the OTD price for folks from other states.

Don't forget that, if you want cruise, you've got to get the Deluxe model.

Edit: Cruise is on the standard model too in later model years.

The 2016 F6B Deluxes are pretty much gone, but there are still some super deals on the standard model.

Yep, it's all I've been looking at. CC and CS are only on the deluxe. I did look at Sportcycles, but found one closer to the house that I don't have to ship; a 2016 white Deluxe.

Fast forward to October 2017. Resistance is futile. The close out deals as the GL1800 marches toward a new generation were too good to ignore.

So ... I picked up what appears to be one of the last of the leftover 2016 Deluxe models.

The bike is a lot of fun. The cg is very low. It handles beautifully. The fit and finish are excellent. It is as smooth as silk over the whole engine speed range. Its got very generous weight limits for the bags and storage compartments.

I bought it, after an extensive test ride, in a no cash deal where two bikes went to the dealer as the F6B Deluxe and some cash came back to me.

I googled to find complaints and discovered that the paint was soft on the 2013, and that cruise control was not included in the early standard version. No abs bothered some too ... but no one reported gremlins or mystery maladies. Maybe GL1800 guys are easy to satisfy ... or maybe these are good bikes. Im going to have fun finding out.