• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

AC Delco Battery Sale 1/2 Price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long can you shelf the new battery? Keeping acid and battery separate of course.

Pretty much forever if you keep it dry. It doesn't begin to degrade until you activate the battery.

How long can you shelf the new battery? Keeping acid and battery separate of course.

Pretty much forever if you keep it dry. It doesn't begin to degrade until you activate the battery.
Good deal, just ordered one to put on the shelf until the 5 year old WestCo dies.

AGM already has the acid in it so should it be charged and kept on a Battery Tender??

AGM already has the acid in it so should it be charged and kept on a Battery Tender??

No, it doesn't come with the acid in the battery. They would not be able to ship it that way.

It comes with a special (6 tube) sealed container of acid in the exactly correct amount and you do not open it and pour it into the battery until you want to activate the battery. I've had an AGM battery on the shelf for 5-6 years before activating and it was as good as the day it was made.

Last edited by a moderator:
The WestCo didn't even make it 3 yrs, so installed a Yuasa about a month ago. For this price, will put it on the shelf as a backup. Thanks

Saw a post on Pacific Northwest Riders for this deal and checked it out. https://slickdeals.net/f/5943088-ACDe...Free-Shipping? Ordered ACDelco ATX14BBS (14B-BS) Maintenance Free Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) Powersport Battery from Amazon, delivery 2 - 5 weeks (May 13 latest) for $28.24 delivered. Replacement for the original 4 year old Yuasa. Dimensions 5.9" x 2.7" x 5.7". Original battery starting to show its age. Reduced starting cranking speed and a little longer to start. Terminals cleaned and retightened during spring get ready to ride maintenance session.
Seems the "Save 50%" coupon has already expired: https://www.amazon.com/gp/coupon/ACDelco-Powersport-Batteries/A2YBKUIS555LWW/?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=wUi1lJ5CEeKhe-ZWJb0cRA0_EikU3_0_0_0

No, it doesn't come with the acid in the battery. They would not be able to ship it that way.

It comes with a special (6 tube) sealed container of acid in the exactly correct amount and you do not open it and pour it into the battery until you want to activate the battery. I've had an AGM battery on the shelf for 5-6 years before activating and it was as good as the day it was made.
Hey Fred-my WestCo battery from Bike Effects came shipped with the acid already in it..[and another for my bud's Blackbird]...In fact the battery case is sealed with no way to open it...Hope you are right about the AC Delco...Someone who already has one post up..

Hey Fred-my WestCo battery from Bike Effects came shipped with the acid already in it..[and another for my bud's Blackbird]...In fact the battery case is sealed with no way to open it...Hope you are right about the AC Delco...Someone who already has one post up..
Yeah, I forgot that my WestCo did too. Maybe that's why they don't last so well?

But here is the info from the Amazon ad:

Product Features
  • 100% Maintenance Free - Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) Technology; requiring no water or maintenance
  • Valve Regulated - Gas Recombinant Technology provides up to 3x the cycle life of conventional batteries
  • Calcium Positive and Negative, Full-Frame Power Path Grids provides the highest cranking amps and the lowest self-discharge rates for off-season storage
  • Unique Leak-proof Pressurized Valve System that is engineered for safety and long life. It also prevents dry-out and acid damage to your vehicle
  • High Density Oxide provide maximum power-per-pound and dependable "high-cycling" service
  • Heavy Top Lead & Large Through-Partition Connections increase both power output and durability as well as vibration resistance, and longer battery life
  • 6 Month Warranty
  • 12 Volts, 290 Cranking Amps at 32 degrees (F)
  • Note: This product is delivered with an Exact-Fill Premeasured Acid Bottle, meaning there will be no leftover acid to dispose of
  • Specifically engineered for PowerSport Users: Motorcycle, Utility Vehicles, Scooter, ATV, Personal Watercraft (PWC) & Snowmobile
And here are some pictures of the battery that show the foil seal that you remove before you fill the battery with the acid

31iXsSxfY2L.jpg

31SZXnPIAeL.jpg

This is how Yuasa ships their batteries too.

Also, for those concerned about this being the right model battery, it is according to the AC Delco Web site

Non-Automotive Search / Recreational Equipment / Motorcycles / etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
Tx for the info Fred-I like the leak proof part with the valve system . A leaky Yuasa damaged the swingarm on my FJ1200. That's one thing I liked about the sealed WestCo-don't need an acid leak considering the battery placement on the FJR.-Side note- My 2 WestCo batts are still strong after 4 years -they do live on a Tender tho..

I didn't mean to bad-mouth the WestCo batteries. I've had mine for over 4 years and it's still going strong, so I really can't complain. This AC Delco will be good to have dry on the shelf for its eventual demise.

I had to look back to see when I bought the Westco and noticed on the receipt that with the 10% forum discount I paid just $71.95 shipped from Bike Effects back in 2008. Now it is $88.20 with forum discount. Made this deal seem even better.

Has anyone received this Amazon ordered battery yet?