accessory box

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredkerr

Reaction score
Owners manual says don't put heat sensitive things in the accessory box. Do they mean chocolate bars, or cell phones? Seems useless if one can't carry electronics there.

You can store anything you want in there. If you want to store your 300 dollar phone in there.....go for it. A little heat and vibration never hurt anything.

Chocolate.

Cell phones and other electronics should not be an issue.

It is just a compartment with a accessory outlet in it.

I connect radar and gps from the outlet in the accessory box, no problems.

Gets hotter after you stop, header and radiator heat rises without the wind to take it away. Which is why your temperature gauge goes up when you stop. (At least on the Gen IIs.) But not stupidly hot. Unless you park with it in the sun, of course.

Don't put condoms in there, they get weak and then u can't trust them... like when your riding along a po-dunk country road and you see a sheep farm. (haha- been on this forum 2 dang long!)

Last edited by a moderator:
On Gen II's the electrical output is good for low amp devices. Some have connected higher amp device such as a tire pump and blown the fuse.

I have charged my phone and Ipod up there but it is not very hot in Washington State.

On my bike I have an connector near the triple tree. I use it for a lot of different thing including my Gerbing clothing, Battery Tender, air pump and charging my phone and Ipod. I just toss the phone and Ipod in the tank bag when charging.

Snack bars stored in the accessory box will melt.

Last edited by a moderator: