Accessory plug

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04Smitty

Reaction score
I bought my 2004 FJR used, and the prior owner had wired an accessory plug to the bike. Any idea what brand/type of connection this is for?

PICT3053.JPG

PICT3054.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the input. Prior owner said it was for heated gloves, jacket, etc. so do not believe it is for Tender.

Here are links to hopefully larger photos.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Thanks to the group for the input!

How's a guy that lives south of Orlando have any knowledge about Widder?
I read a lot....plus I trust that you recognized the plug, AND the OP said

Prior owner said it was for heated gloves, jacket, etc.
Wish I had some Widder goodies THIS week. Couldn't stand it any more...HAD to ride to work today. 28 degrees. I might be warmed up by noon.

But it just doesn't get this cold, often enough, to warrant spending the money on a wardrobe of electric clothing.

How's a guy that lives south of Orlando have any knowledge about Widder?
I read a lot....plus I trust that you recognized the plug, AND the OP said

Prior owner said it was for heated gloves, jacket, etc.
Wish I had some Widder goodies THIS week. Couldn't stand it any more...HAD to ride to work today. 28 degrees. I might be warmed up by noon.

But it just doesn't get this cold, often enough, to warrant spending the money on a wardrobe of electric clothing.
Rumor up here was that Disney got snow?

You don't need an entire wardrobe, but my Gerbing gloves are doing me just spiffy in Orlando this past couple of weeks, and I do have the v-strom guards. It's been between 39F and 41F when I head into work at 10am. "just 'cuz I ride a bike is no reason not to be warm and comfy"

You don't need an entire wardrobe, but my Gerbing gloves are doing me just spiffy in Orlando this past couple of weeks, and I do have the v-strom guards. It's been between 39F and 41F when I head into work at 10am. "just 'cuz I ride a bike is no reason not to be warm and comfy"
For the occasional cold spell, those chemical hand warmers are good and cheap (if you can find them in Florida).

Last edited by a moderator:
I would take he time to wire up a few BMW style accessory plugs. Powerlet makes them, and the come in fused kits. Well worth the price so that way you can run some electrical farkles (GPS etc) or on the rare day when you need some heated gloves or jacket, you got access to the power.

I have three access ports for power on my 2005 FJR. But then again I ride when it is 30 and above around here...

Pete