Add on gel pad for the seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryM

Reaction score
After an hour or two on the road butt starts to complain. I have heard gel seat pads work well and so far I see two options. I don't want to spend a few hundred on a new seat so I am looking at either having my stock seat opened up and a gel pad installed or something like this.

So, anyone have any experience or suggestions between the two?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the Spencer mod. Its better, but I think I need the leg support the $500 seat provides. I can go ~5 hours on the spencer.

I just got home from Daytona Bikeweek where I ran across a vender from California www.royalrider.com that sold gel pads in all shapes and sizes made from a killer gel topped off with a nice layer of Memoryfoam. They come in sheep skin or neoprene covering. $84 for our size seat. I bought one for the hell of it and the 4 hour ride back home yesterday was unbelievable! This thing is amazing. :yahoo:

I just got home from Daytona Bikeweek where I ran across a vender from California www.royalrider.com that sold gel pads in all shapes and sizes made from a killer gel topped off with a nice layer of Memoryfoam. They come in sheep skin or neoprene covering. $84 for our size seat. I bought one for the hell of it and the 4 hour ride back home yesterday was unbelievable! This thing is amazing. :yahoo:

I think that web address might be

https://www.royalriding.com/

Was interested so tried to find it - your link didn't work.

Ross

+1 on Spencers (stock seat) and +1 on the Airhawk (used on my Corbin). The Airhawk was the ticket for me...went from being able to tolerate a couple of hours to being able to ride all day long with zero problems (at that point, my knees start to bitch, lol). The trick to the Airhawk, that many people fail to understand, is to have it just barely inflated. That gives your arse a comfy suspended cushion while putting you IN the seat and not on top of it. Most people overinflate the Airhawk and, as a result, feel like they're going to roll off the seat when riding.

I've been working on my own, internal seat pad for the last few months. The process consists of ingesting large quantities of pizza and beer and eliminating all physical activity.

It also sseems to be turning into a tank-pad.

I'll let you know how it works out.

I think that web address might be

https://www.royalriding.com/

Was interested so tried to find it - your link didn't work.

Ross
Oops! You're right! That's what I typed but, Damn iPad keeps thinking it know what I want to say more than I do! :unsure:

That might be what I'm looking for ,but not sure what size fits.Can you tell me what specific size you have?
The best size for our seat is the Medium with the more pointed front end as opposed to the blunt one. I went with the neoprene cover in honor of my favorite Sheep Fecker from Michigan! :D

It's the one on the web site on the top right corner. You'll love it! It's Awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
That might be what I'm looking for ,but not sure what size fits.Can you tell me what specific size you have?
The best size for our seat is the Medium with the more pointed front end as opposed to the blunt one. I went with the neoprene cover in honor of my favorite Sheep Fecker from Michigan! :D

It's the one on the web site on the top right corner. You'll love it! It's Awesome!