Add on gel pad for the seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks it's $94.00 on thier site you got a deal.
Yeah, I know, the lady was very nice to me too. She was enjoying Bikeweek as much as I was. She gave me three different pads and told me to go to my bike which was blocks away to try them on. I asked her if she wanted my license and credit card as collateral and she said I looked trustworthy. Outstanding people. :clapping:

I have good luck with the Airhawk + Alaskan Leather Sheepskin pad. Works pretty good, at least for 700 mile days.

-1 on the Spencer mod. I couldn't tell any difference on my stock seat. I took the cover off to see what he did and there was a small piece of the supracore he uses about the size of a half a coffee can. Maybe 5" in diameter. Don't see how that would help anyone. I call it the placebo mod. <_<

GP

-1 on the Spencer mod. I couldn't tell any difference on my stock seat. I took the cover off to see what he did and there was a small piece of the supracore he uses about the size of a half a coffee can. Maybe 5" in diameter. Don't see how that would help anyone. I call it the placebo mod. <_<

GP
Bummer! :angry:

A check of AIRHAWK 's fit chart specifies for the FJR1300 the Small Cruiser for the front and Small Pillion for the rear passenger.

After an hour or two on the road butt starts to complain. I have heard gel seat pads work well and so far I see two options. I don't want to spend a few hundred on a new seat so I am looking at either having my stock seat opened up and a gel pad installed or something like this.

So, anyone have any experience or suggestions between the two?

Thanks!
i did the gel pad on top. i also did the airhawk, beads, and just about everything you can name.

in the end i spent more on the failed partial solutions than if i'd simply gotten a Russell in the first place. on the next 2 bikes the Russell was one of the first mods i did. all those $50, $100, $200, $300 fails can be put to better use by applying them to the cost of a real custom seat.

GP
I didn't get that far with Spencer.

After two unanswered e-mails and two unanswered phone calls, I see no credibility there. <_<