Aftermarket Turn Signals for 03

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwilly

Administrator of Drama
Reaction score
I removed my stock turn signals and replaced them with some flush mount signals. I posted that I was giving away the stock signals and several people PM'd me wanting more details. So here ya go:

I purchased some Lockhart-Phillips flush mount turn signals from the local Cycle Gear for $21. (Lockhart-Phillips Part # 122-9710) In order for them to mount correctly I had to grind away some of the plastic inside the right/left panels where the stock signals mounted. Of course I had the sides off during this process which made it easy. Wiring on the new lights connected right up with no need to change connectors.

Make sure that if you do this you get the dual element light so that you still have running lights. I choose to go with clear lens and yellow bulb. They're also available with yellow lens and regular bulb.

Here are some pic's, sorry I don't have any pictures of the actual install:

FJRTurn2.jpg

FJRTurn3.jpg

FJRTurn1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a part number ?
How is the visibility of the turn signal from a head on view ?
I added the part number to my original post. The head on view is actually pretty good. Of course it's not as good as the factory light but IMO they look a lot better.

Nice job there Willy! I do admit they look fantastic but I'm not sure if I personally would do it just because of its reduction in noticeable visibility to oncoming traffic.

Excellent install though. :thumbsup:

Another option that requires no grinding or fairing modification would be the Flush-line Flushmounts from SportbikeEffects.
I just finished the install. I purchased the amber LED's with the dual connection so I still have running lights and then I had to buy the Adjustable Rate Flasher Relay that is needed to run LED lights. Finding the original flasher unit which is up under the front fairing is was hard but it's the unit with the brown and white wire. Only thing that was not explained was setting the flasher speed which is done by adjusting the speed screw on the Adjustable Rate Flasher Relay unit and then grounding the earth wire on the relay as the original flasher connection does not have an earth.