Alaskan Adventure

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A winter time 2013, cabin fever bump, for arguably the best Ride Report ever written on this forum.
Arguably? Who's arguing? Hell, I saw Frenchy's byline in the "New Posts" and went in and made a batch of popcorn. Then I came back and sat down and. . . hell. Just a thread resurrection. Well, like you, Fred, I ate the popcorn and read it again anyway.

Frenchy, I should have been asleep an hour ago, but stumbled on this.
You. The. Man.

Thanks for letting us all ride along with you.

Good night now....
Thanks a lot Fred. Saw this and remembered it and now, an hour after I should be asleep, it is déjà feckin vu all over again.

Frenchy, where you be? Better get one more good RR on the way before you up and have a baby on us and disappear for good.

For those looking for more about Frenchy, seems he has his own blog these days:

Frenchy's Rant

But he hasn't updated it since last July. Probably just needs some encouragement!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to Fred for bumping this. This thread was before my time here and I enjoyed reading the heck out of it. Of course, I should have been working and now I'm way behind, but who cares?!?!?

That's kind'a what I expected, Jasen. There are a pretty good number of folks that are new enough to have never read a Frenchy ride report. The guy was (is) truly a master. Not sure if he rides an FJR anymore, since he tied the knot and all...

Always a great read and pics from Frenchy!

Thanks for resurrecting this one Fred. I remember a few of Frenchy's ride reports that were (are) most excellent.

--G

That's kind'a what I expected, Jasen. There are a pretty good number of folks that are new enough to have never read a Frenchy ride report. The guy was (is) truly a master. Not sure if he rides an FJR anymore, since he tied the knot and all...
I have to ask....

with sleeping beauty?

I have to ask....

with sleeping beauty?
From his blog, yep!

--G

A truly great ride report. It makes getting through the long,dark,cold winter a little bit easier.

I hear tell that Frenchy is planning another ride soon. I think "Rain Cloud Follows" has been getting restless.

One can only hope that Rain Cloud Follows is restless and demanding another adventure.

No one, no one, writes better than Frenchy..

bump. It's Frenchy ride reports and a sun lamp that get me through the PNW winters.

Noobs, start on page 1. This is how you write a ride report.

Don't know why this comment comes up as being from Frenchy; I must have hit a wrong button Cannot seem to fix the error, but these comments are from Pterodactyl.

Just saw this post for the first time. We lived in Fairbanks when you were making this ride. The folks that gave you the fuel can are Barb and Victor, friends of ours from Los Anchorage. Barb is the owner of Alaska Leather, a great motorcycle shop in Anchorage and Barb is the rescuer of many a traveller in distress. The fire you dealt with on the Cassiar Hwy laid over thru the winter and kicked-up again when the snow melted in the spring of 2011. We were able to get thru in May of 2011, but had to follow a pilot car. Went thru again in May of 2012 and there was still smoke here and there, but no fire to be seen. In June of 2013 we saw no sign of the fire.

​Thanks for the trip report.

I say nothing like a Tyler or GR ride report for breathtaking views and fitting commentary. Frenchy RR are a fun and funny read, however.

I will happily admit that I have tweaked my style a bit since reading this RR last year. The drawback is becoming a copycat with less talent than the original. I wish this guy was still posting RRs here. I love a good RR.

No doubt, thanks for the "Ressie"!

I just got done reading all of it, and I mean every post. What a wonderful, engaging, character driven, and entertaining ride report! This is what all others should be judged by. And for that reason, it is why I don't write RRs. After witnessing this RR, I know that I will fail at any attempt to write anything worthy.

Luckily, there are people like Frenchie in the world, who have not only the talent, but also the patience to put it all together online for a bunch of strangers.

Thanks Frenchie!

Latest posts