Almost hit something new

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithaba

Reaction score
Did about 300 miles yesterday on the Blackbird. So much better with the corbin seat. I am really starting to like that bike a lot more. It's mucho fun in the twisties, and insane on straight-aways.

Anyway, i'm riding along, and am used to seeing deer, squirels, birds, dogs.... the usual critters.

Well yesterday I come around a corner and there is a freeking huge peacock standing in the middle of the road. The SOB hardly moves, and just puffs up like he's ready to attack me. First time for everything I guess?

I'm guessing the peacock isn't generally threatened by the blackbird in nature, so it just wasn't taking you seriously.

Now a Hayabusa, that would have scared it off!

"BlackBird vs. BigGayBird"

Actually, the BlackBird has really shiney Chrome Rims. Retitled: "BlackGayBird vs. BigGayBird" :p

Perhaps the Peacock was simply attracted to a potential mate? :wub: Ahhh Keith, you bird-pimp!

Last edited by a moderator:
Had the same thing happen to me. Almost tore a hole in the seat when I came over a small hill and had a flock of turkeys in the road.......... pucker time.

The turkeys in my neighborhood have learned to get the hell out of my way ever since I installed the nautilus horn! Only problem is swerving around the piles of shit they leave when I scare it out of them. And don't let them fool you, they can fly just fine with the proper encouragement! ;)

The turkeys in my neighborhood have learned to get the hell out of my way ever since I installed the nautilus horn! Only problem is swerving around the piles of shit they leave when I scare it out of them. And don't let them fool you, they can fly just fine with the proper encouragement! ;)
But they can run faster than they fly! I had three of them try to get across the road in front of me a while back. Two of them ran - and made it. The third one lifted off - and slammed into the top edge of my windshield. Fortunately, I was driving my work Suburban, but I still thought I was going to have a turkey in my lap!