Anger and the Forum

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yo,

Just made a little trip to Blackbird Land and must say I am happy to return to the "knitting circle." I join these forums to discuss motorcycles and things related to them and not some of the areas the Blackbird folks have gotten into. Well, I think I will do some "Quilting" now as we in Arkansas prefer that to knitting. Maybe something in blue to put over the FJR because winter is coming.

Al ;) ;)

I lurked on the XX site a couple of years ago before I bought the FJR. It was fun and informative. Jerry and Mac seemed to be really stand-up, and entertaining guys... thought of very highly in that community. If I had decided on an XX, I would've made it a point to look them up. Maybe their passing, since it seemed so unfair, left a bitter resentment that caused some of the membership to turn on each other after the reality of their deaths sunk in. Purely speculation on my part, but it has changed.
It has changed. I never met Mac -- just missed doing so at the HookersXX meet in June '05, but I did meet, ride with and talk with Jerry. (I didn't actually go to the meet, but lived not far away and hooked up with groups for the rides.) Jerry was indeed one of those guys you instantly liked -- hard to imagine anyone he wouldn't get along with, and he was a damn fine rider, too. It was a tragedy when they died. And yes, it has changed since their passing, though I'm not sure why -- it can't have just been the loss of their contributions.