Anxious Newbie - Already Reserved an '07

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 130#'s--------------jeez make sure you have the windscreen all the way up! would hate for you to get blown clear off the back. My right leg weighs 130#'s

I know I'll risk a bit of flaming on this , but she rides a Harley 1200C , almost all my friends ride Harley's , I own one now which I love. But I grew up riding sport oriented bikes. I ride a fair amount 12K /year or more , and as my teens are getting to that very independent stage I can now go for longer rides. I did the Blue Ridge Parkway round trip in late July , and decided I need a more touring oriented bike. All of the full touring bikes are fat and ugly . The FJR is sleek , hauls tail and handles great. I'm keeping the Harley , but will add the FJR to the stable.

Last edited by a moderator:
U.P.... it sounds like you've thought this through... you're going to love this bike. One thing I didn't see in this thread... make sure you get the price in writing, and read the fine print. One forum member some time back didn't, and the dealer got "convenient amnesia" when the bike came in regarding the "deal" they struck.

Other than cutting the power to one of the cylinders above 5k RPM, there are no other known changes in the '07. There may be a work-around.

make sure you get the price in writing, and read the fine print.
Stapled to my reciept for the $500 deposit, I have a copy of the sales slip where the dealer recorded my name, address, phone#, a note that the $500 deposit was received and "2007 FJR1300 $13300 OTD". The sales team at this dealer seems more honest that some other dealers I went to while looking for the best price. Another dealer tried to tell me that there's no reason to make a $500 deposit on the bike and that I should distrust any dealer that tells me otherwise :huh:

Other than cutting the power to one of the cylinders above 5k RPM, there are no other known changes in the '07.
:lol:

Seriously, I hope the power of the bike does not decrease and the weight of the bike does not increase. If that trend keeps up, the FJR will become a sub-sport touring bike.

Yup, everyone has their own opinion on used vs. new. This past July I purchased a 05'FJR13T (non ABS), under 2k miles, for $13,631. At the time I suspected I was getting sucky deal (especially recently 'cause at the time the sales nobster told me it had ABS) however looking back...

I got full trade in value of my previous bike (minus doc & delvery fees, etc.) which I had bought 2-3 months prior from the same dealer (the dealer sure likes me now).

Warranty as new. Extended maint & warranty transferred over for very little.

Most importantly I took the bike home w/me THAT DAY. If I had waited another day to think on the deal my wife, who'd given me her blessing while at the dealership, would've gone home and researched the hell out of the bike and a fat NO would've been handed down. Long story... she hates sportbikes and doesn't feel comfortable not being able to see above me. She still doesn't like riding on the bike but hey it's in my garage now! So in the end I got a bike that I love to ride :yahoo:

Only thing I'm not too happy about (besides being told it had ABS) is not getting saddle liner bags. At the time I didn't know better. After I've researched (forums like this are great!) I'm hoping dealer will give them up or grant a store credit. Hell, a hundred bucks is a hundred bucks!

UP - Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one. ;)
But some assholes stink more than others :p

My responses were only intended to let you know that I did think about those things and have used some sort of logic to make the decision.
I'm sure there'll be updates on the forum here, but as soon as you hear about color, let us know eh!

I'm assuming you don't want a new '06. There should still be some out there if you are willing to drive to get one.
Anyone know where I could find an AE model in the east USA? Don't think I can wait 'till June to get my FJR and since I rode a friends AE this weekend, my mind is made up.

Thanks,

Sam

Hey Hvnbnd...

how far South of East are you looking?

Plen'ny o'em AEs down heah in Flarada... :blink:

oops, sorry,... and them other one's too.

'06 with 60 miles on it can be had for about 12K OTD

(thought about it m'self)...