Any Help on this guys????

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wicked Webby

Right is Harder than Wrong.
Reaction score
Hey all,

I did finally get a chance to get frustrated with my 07 FJR.... I took off the bags and capped off the three "bag slots" with the plastic caps provided by Yamaha. Well, when it came time to remove them and put my bags on........WHAT A HEADACHE!!!!!!!!! I TRIED TO BE VERY GENTLE WITH A WIDER FLAT HEAD SCREW DRIVER AND PRY UM OUT AND STILL MANAGED TO DING,GROOVE AND CHIP THE PAINT OFF OF THE PLASTIC EDGES(on the bike side of it)...THOUGH I THINK WHEN I INSTALL THE CAPS AGAIN IT WILL COVER THE MARKS BUT STILL....AND WITH THE BAGS ON IT DOES COVER THE MARKS...

Has any of you found or come up with a way or trick to it... To limit the scarring?? THANKS A BUNCH IF YOU COULD SHARE IT.....OR AM I GOING ABOUT THIS COMPLETELY STUPID??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all,
I did finally get a chance to get frustrated with my 07 FJR.... I took off the bags and capped off the three "bag slots" with the plastic caps provided by Yamaha. Well, when it came time to remove them and put my bags on........WHAT A HEADACHE!!!!!!!!! I TRIED TO BE VERY GENTLE WITH A WIDER FLAT HEAD SCREW DRIVER AND PRY UM OUT AND STILL MANAGED TO DING,GROOVE AND CHIP THE PAINT OFF OF THE PLASTIC EDGES(on the bike side of it)...THOUGH I THINK WHEN I INSTALL THE CAPS AGAIN IT WILL COVER THE MARKS BUT STILL....AND WITH THE BAGS ON IT DOES COVER THE MARKS...

Has any of you found or come up with a way or trick to it... To limit the scarring?? THANKS A BUNCH IF YOU COULD SHARE IT.....OR AM I GOING ABOUT THIS COMPLETELY STUPID??
Wicked,

I have had both an 04 and the 06 FJR (current bike). In both cases I have found the removal of the plastic tabs covering the bag slots not to be all that difficult. That said, there is a raised portion on the tab where you can fit the tip of your finger or finger nail to lift up and you should have no problem. I would however still recommend using the clear plastic adhesive protectors that go around the holes to help with long term general wear and tear on that area.

Be patient and gentle my son...that is the key.

THANKS ..........................................................................................

..........................................................................................

.................................................I ..........................................................................................

..........................................................................................

.................................................WILL.....................................

............................................................. ..........................................................................................

.........................................TRY ..........................................................................................

....................................................THAT..................................

.................NEXT ..........................................................................................

................................................TIME......................................

.............I............................................................................

....................................................................FEEL..................

................................BETTER....................................................

ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!......................................................................................

...........................................................HAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR INPUTS.

You could try placing some tape down on the paint before you pry against it.

On a side note...

capslock.jpg

:p

You could try placing some tape down on the paint before you pry against it.
On a side note...

capslock.jpg

:p

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AND REDNECK 2222222222!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD IDEA WITH THE TAPE..

Talk about anal retentive! It is a motorcycle for Christ sake. If you use it, it is going to get nicks and dings. If you can't deal with that, park it, cover it up, and don't enjoy it. I use the ignition key to take my caps off and have not seen any damage. But then I don't worry about it either.

I use the force....easy peasy, Japaneesy.

Talk about anal retentive! It is a motorcycle for Christ sake. If you use it, it is going to get nicks and dings. If you can't deal with that, park it, cover it up, and don't enjoy it.
wouldn't that entail owning a harley first?

( :

plastic caps, what plastic caps?

You folks are telling me that there were caps to cover the bag holes? DAMN I am gonna wring the dealers neck now for not giving them to me

Talk about anal retentive! It is a motorcycle for Christ sake. If you use it, it is going to get nicks and dings. If you can't deal with that, park it, cover it up, and don't enjoy it. I use the ignition key to take my caps off and have not seen any damage. But then I don't worry about it either.

Amen Bother! How would he react to seeing a dog piss on his bike when it is parked?

Try masking tape on the tip of the screwdriver (electrical tape will work too), or a thin rag like old T-shirt.

Berde

Obviously my bags were on when I first brought my bike home. I put those caps in a parts box. They are still there. I ride with the bags off most of the time. Only put them on for long trips (like tomarrow). I have never put those caps in when bags are off. I am kind of a neat and clean type and I plain old forgot about em.

They are a pain in the arse to get out. I use the rag and small flathead screwdriver method.

I almost ripped my damn fingernail off tyring get them off one time.

Eventually I just said phook it! I stopped putting them in just to avoid the PITA that follows.

This is really strange. You are talking about the covers for where the bag fits through the tail tuperwear and it's like silver on the inside right??? Three??? bag slots. I have two on each side. I assumed, ya know where that gets ya that the third cover was for when you take off the hand rails. In any case, mine pop off with my finger nails. I press down with my thumb and index finger at the ends and just pull up with the index finger of the free hand. Works every time.

YGTBSM

RTFM!

And Sprint, the third cap is a different size, it goes on the underside where the hole for the locking tab of the bag goes.

These covers are to make the bike look pretty on the showroom floor. I took mine off when the bags arrived, and never put them back on. WTF would I?

Sort of reminds me of the last time I was at a FJR gig where a lot of bikes were present. You could tell all the posers and noobs by the reflectors still on their front brake calipers. ;) ('06/'07 excpeted, since it doesn't look like they get in the way of the caliper bolts)

It's just sad to see a 3 year old bike with the OEM tire still on the front. :dribble: