Any Help on this guys????

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is really strange. You are talking about the covers for where the bag fits through the tail tuperwear and it's like silver on the inside right??? Three??? bag slots. I have two on each side. I assumed, ya know where that gets ya that the third cover was for when you take off the hand rails. In any case, mine pop off with my finger nails. I press down with my thumb and index finger at the ends and just pull up with the index finger of the free hand. Works every time.
the 3rd one goes in from the bottom, where the saddle bag latch comes up and locks it in

I took the plastic caps off, scanned them and printed out the result, then I scotch tape them onto the bike. I have back ups when the originals rip.

OK --- just jokin' :lol:

Another PLUS for the Aussie's? :yahoo:

Had a look at mine (07) today, and the area where the covering tabs fit into, is surrounded by a clear protective tape. :clapping:

Don't you guys have this?

You could tell all the posers and noobs by the reflectors still on their front brake calipers. ;)
I beg your pardon??! :)

One of the first tihngs I normally do is take the reflectors off my bikes and cut the rear fender up some for a cleaner look at the rear. But then I've been riding sport bikes until this bike.

Since the FJR is a daily driver and weekend trip taker along with being a Hill Country thrasher I decided to leave all the reflectors and the rear fender alone. Doesn't hurt to have all the help in the "be seen" department.

I beg your pardon??! :)
One of the first tihngs I normally do is take the reflectors off my bikes and cut the rear fender up some for a cleaner look at the rear. But then I've been riding sport bikes until this bike.

Since the FJR is a daily driver and weekend trip taker along with being a Hill Country thrasher I decided to leave all the reflectors and the rear fender alone. Doesn't hurt to have all the help in the "be seen" department.
It was partially a JOKE. :D

But the fact remains that you can't easily get to the caliper bolts with the reflector in place. Thus I left mine off the first time I pulled the front wheel. Way too much BS just to pull the wheel. I considered installing a smaller reflector that would allow access to the caliper bolts, but it just hasn't been a priority. I do have additional reflective areas. Others have put LED lights in place of the reflectors on the brake caliper.

So which are you? ;)

I took the plastic caps off, scanned them and printed out the result, then I scotch tape them onto the bike. I have back ups when the originals rip..

OK --- just jokin' :lol:

And I was thinking what a good idea for those that felt covering the holes was important to them! :clapping:

I didn't realize it until someone mentioned it on the forum, but the 4 caps are marked for specific holes! Probably makes it easier to remove them if they're in the specified holes.

Don't lose the damn things like I did. New ones are $13 to $15 each from your friendly Yamaha dealer. I decided the slots looked real racy!!

Racy?....as in sexy? Hm. :rolleyes:

Racy?....as in sexy? Hm. :rolleyes: I'll sell for cheap if someone wants them?

Got one already ODOT, thanks for the offer though. :lol:
Is inlaw one of them? And which is he? :unsure:
Naw, most of the inlaws died off. The only one with riding potential is too whipped to get a bike again. Same for the friend, unfortunatly. I keep trying to corrupt him though. :)

Last edited by a moderator: