Any suggestions on smallest 12v carry-on compressor...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Top_Speed1

Panama Canal Crosser
Reaction score
I currently carry (on trips) a whoflungdung Chinese compressor. I would like to get a smaller one and are looking for suggestions. Also wondering if the Co2 quik shots would suffice (after plugging) at least until a gas station is reached?

... I already have plug kits, vulcanizing kits etc. so this is just about small pumps.

My current (but too big) carry-on; 6.7"x3.5"x5.1"

%24_12.JPG

I like the little compressor I got from Aerostich.....
Air Compressor

3500_1a.jpg

The compressor itself is 3.5" x 3.5" x 0.9"

Edit - Dammit, Joe beat me to it. So now you have 2 votes for the Aerostich compressor.
You actually have three votes, that is the same compressor that Papa Chuy Viejo has. But of course KJ, I ordered mine up in the Platinum BMW Edition! JSNS!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a Slime Pump from Amazon. Good reviews, reasonable price, fits easily under the seat with room left over for all of the other stuff. Haven't had to use it on the road yet.

SlimePump_zps8b320aec.jpg

I have that same slime compressor, and found that it will sit in the tail section in front of the tail lights - I've got a velcro strap holding it there, the passenger seat frame clears it. I'll snap a picture of it tonight.

I also use the Slime compressor (works great and inexpensive)...but I just figured since KJ is moving to the Beemer, he should probably go with the more expensive Aerostich compressor.
rolleyes.gif

I also have the Slime Pump. Maybe only because that's the one everyone was talking about when I bought it. It has worked great since about 2008. As said, it fits under the seat in the tool tray with room left over for other stuff I feel necesssary to keep there. I'm pretty sure the 300psi claim is a lie, but to be honest, I have never tried that.

There used to be a Walmart pump people would buy and remove the guts from the plastic. Any of these seem like they do what we need. Remember to run a pitgail from the battery. DO NOT run the pump from the glovebox. The fuse will blow.

I also use the Slime compressor (works great and inexpensive)...but I just figured since KJ is moving to the Beemer, he should probably go with the more expensive Aerostich compressor.
rolleyes.gif
I'll get dimensions on the Slime one then. Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!

<edit in> 4"H x 3.5"W x 2"D Found them on fleabay for $39.99 shipped. Good deal?

Joe- I'm a broke-my-wallet cheap-ass now
wink.png

So the Aero is a little smaller........

hmmmm!

So anybody use the CO2 inflaters?

They seem to be a space n weight saver idea and enough to get you to a gas station anyway after you plug her up.

So anybody use the CO2 inflaters?They seem to be a space n weight saver idea and enough to get you to a gas station anyway after you plug her up.
I have them along with my StopnGo Plugger kit, but have never used them. Just go with a compressor and be done with it.

So anybody use the CO2 inflaters?They seem to be a space n weight saver idea and enough to get you to a gas station anyway after you plug her up.
I have them along with my StopnGo Plugger kit, but have never used them. Just go with a compressor and be done with it.
I think you are right, I used them a long time ago with results as mixed; the tire was half inflated. I guess enough to limp her to a gas station. Just thought they may have come along ways since my younger days ;) ...like most crap has!

Think I'm leaning to the Aero. Not b/c it's pricey, but b/c it's a tad smaller and the space where I'm stowing it (under pass seat) has an Alpine amp smack dab taking up most of the room. I can fit probably either but I have the plug kit to go there also.

I carry both the CO2 cartridges and the Aerostitch mini. I've used both. If you're smelling the roses and have all the time in the world, I'll use the mini. (Although, it doesn't take long at all). If you have to get it done quick, two cartridges will get the rear tire up enough to ride it to a gas station.