Any suggestions on smallest 12v carry-on compressor...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say Old's 88 more than a Buick...
I told Directv that I didn't need the comedy channel and they could credit me back.for it. The rep chuckled and said "why not?"... cuz I get all the laughes I need right here, and for free!
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll stick with the pump vs CO2 bottles any day. I've had a flat 70+m from the nearest Gas Station, I'd hate to limp that far with an underinflated tire...
Pretty much my thought. Petey, ur coming to SEO.... I hear!?
smile.png

And @ Bill... LMAO!
KJ, yes I'm planning on it...however don't believe everything you hear...jes' sayin'...
rolleyes.gif

The slime is my choice. I've yet to use it for my fjr (I just cursed myself), but I've filled seriously under-inflated car spare tires when I stopped to help change a flat. I carry a second slime on the dual sport to facilitate airing up when it is time to hit the highway. I store mine under the seat in the tool tray area.

FWIW the Slime pump has a 15 amp fuse in all 3 of its power leads. The paperwork for it says,

"For use with 12-volt DC power outlet rated 15 amps or higher. Do not use with older 8 amp cigarette lighter receptacles."

Looks like I would need to go to a higher fuse. Will have to check what's in the Fuzeblock to make sure I can run a mini-compresser.

I currently carry (on trips) a whoflungdung Chinese compressor. I would like to get a smaller one and are looking for suggestions. Also wondering if the Co2 quik shots would suffice (after plugging) at least until a gas station is reached?... I already have plug kits, vulcanizing kits etc. so this is just about small pumps.

My current (but too big) carry-on; 6.7"x3.5"x5.1"

Thanks
smile.png

%24_12.JPG
Remove all the plastic from this one. No need to overthink these small compressors.. Get the cheapest one you can find and strip the plastic.

Mine is under thte riders seat next to a first aid kit.

https://dr650.zenseeker.net/Tires/Novpumpstest.pdf I remembered that Motorcycle Consumer News had tested all of the 12 volt mini compressors and Slime won!
I never throw away copies of MCN, sure enough I found the report back in November of 2006 issue. Since I'm retired and worthless, you're welcome!
Since the test did not include the Aerostich pump the information you passed along is old and worthless just like someone I know.

Anyways since we helped KJ waste even more money on his land barge (nice bike if you wanted a Buick) our work here is done.
Just to live up to your standards, I'm bringing one of my buddies Honda-potties, as you can see here vs the beastie GTL, no comparison. Bow to the zenmiester!.....

K1600GTL-Goldwing-Turning-X3.jpg

https://dr650.zenseeker.net/Tires/Novpumpstest.pdf I remembered that Motorcycle Consumer News had tested all of the 12 volt mini compressors and Slime won!

I never throw away copies of MCN, sure enough I found the report back in November of 2006 issue. Since I'm retired and worthless, you're welcome!
Since the test did not include the Aerostich pump the information you passed along is old and worthless just like someone I know.

Anyways since we helped KJ waste even more money on his land barge (nice bike if you wanted a Buick) our work here is done.
grumpycat3.jpg

And down the road just 4 miles from where the photo was taken..... There was a final drive failure!And I tie this into the post by saying:

"a SLIME was created by the leaking fluids"
Good one on the Slime ;) lol.

In a follow-up... sadly there were several FJR's lined right up with them! .....all with ground (spider) issues. Oh crap!

KJ, I don't know why you're all obsessed with space for a compressor........ if you'd just toss out that jug of Kook Aid that comes with that Beemershitbox, you'd have room for any compressor you want. Maybe one day you'll get your priorities straight, but I'm not holding out much hope......................

KJ, I don't know why you're all obsessed with space for a compressor........ if you'd just toss out that jug of Kook Aid that comes with that Beemershitbox, you'd have room for any compressor you want. Maybe one day you'll get your priorities straight, but I'm not holding out much hope......................
KJ, So ist das Leben--hart aber dafür gemein

So I got more room for beer! Never can have too much "reserve".

Ahhh, time for an ice cold Post Patty Day Dwink, one of my fav's, the ole Smitt-icks....

smithwicks.jpg

And down the road just 4 miles from where the photo was taken..... There was a final drive failure!And I tie this into the post by saying:

"a SLIME was created by the leaking fluids"
and I'm the one who is supposed to be grumpy. That made me so happy I'm shitting rainbows.

kool-aid.jpg

So I got more room for beer! Never can have too much "reserve".

Ahhh, time for an ice cold Post Patty Day Dwink, one of my fav's, the ole Smitt-icks....

smithwicks.jpg
Ah what a Grand and Glorious sight for sore eyes, Irish Mother's Milk by God! Personally drank one (actually a dozen) on St. Pats Day!

Beer in the proper color that all good and true beer should be, as black as yamafitter and RaYzerman19's icy cold Canadian hearts eh!