Anyone else find the Sargent seat uncomfortable

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine off ebay, for $100. less, now the same seller is up to $499.

but still better price...

I was lucky, no one was bidding on it, and I waited until the last second...

Im happy with it, and my woman says... "My ass is in heaven"

hehehehe

I still have the stocker... I should prob. sell it...

Warp

I had a Corbin built optional "Yamaha" saddle on my '03 FJR and found it, with bar risers, to be very supportive and comfortable. I had a Sargent on my '04 ST1300 and also found it much better than the to soft stock saddle, but-for me-the Corbin felt a bit better than the Sargent, albeit on different bikes of course. BTW I'm 6'2" and when I had those 2 bikes weighed @ 240-250#s.

Now that I'm under 220#s...maybe (??) the stock split saddle on my ordered '06 will be ok...or maybe not....where is March??! DFO :eh:

I bought the Sargent seat with all of the bells and whistles, including the passenger backrest(which my wife likes), and the optional heated drivers seat,(extremely redundant on an FJR,I know, I know). The seat is pretty comfortable as long as I wear my leathers (CF-like seat material). I did find that if I wear my Aerostich suit or Draggin jeans, I tend to slide forward on any medium to hard stops. :shock: Ouch....*@*@*@!!!!

Sooo...... I would strongly suggest anyone ordering the seat, to make sure they order the optional grippier vinyl seat material( no extra charge, I think), and save themselves from some painful lessons. :blink:

I had exactly the same problem on my 04 w/ the Sargent. Slid around way too much. I'm hoping Santa will bring me the heated Corbin and Smuggler or... I shoot a reindeer.

Sooo...... I would strongly suggest anyone ordering the seat, to make sure they order the optional grippier vinyl seat material( no extra charge, I think), and save themselves from some painful lessons. :blink:
Sargent says that the CarbonFX is "grippier" than the GRIPTEX material if you wear nylon based pants.

Can't comment on the Sargent Seat, but I can say the Corbin for the FJR is absolutely great. I've done a number of 8+ hour rides and felt no pain or stiffness at the end of any of those rides. I did a weeklong ride through Colorado in September and never even got tired riding at all. I am in that 6'+/250 lb. range and maybe that has something to do with it.

Just my experience, hope it helps.